306 Bale of turtles reaching goal. 2020

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Oh my gosh today was boring! Oh well
    WI down .6 but I want much more before Sat...I wonder if I say pretty please my body would be so kind as to oblige?
    WO did all cardio today so nothing special

Work blah blah blah....owner is on vacation, owners daughter...well she comes and goes..example, yesterday she comes in at 10:30 (mind you I come in at 7:30) because she had to help her son finish a school project he did not do.....then left at 3pm. Today in at 9:30 and left at noon because she was still groggy from a sleeping pill and needed a nap This gal is young enough to be one of my daughters. But she is the owners daughter and is to suppose to one day run the place...I plan to be retired by then

ok enough of my drivel see you later
  • Hi Turtles,
    Owners daughter and planning to retire before that is an example of very good timing. lol.
    I learned something yesterday. I had a turkey burger out...……..no bun. the place had a baked potato substitute for fries, so I did that. Guess how many points the burger was? Seven! What was I thinking? I had gotten hungry so the plan of having shrimp cocktail didn't seem filling enough and I changed my mind. Now I know...……………..
    Meeting my WW friends for lunch at a Greek restaurant. I will check menu and points before I go.
    Super Bowl this Sunday. We've got a busy Sunday and a nice way to spend a Winter weekend.

Sending : to all.
    Enjoy the day and good luck to Gail and Nancy on your Sat. WI. I hope the weight pours off!
    Judy
  • OK my drivel con't
    Good news my new found friends of the gym did not show up today....whoop whoop
    WI up .6 today so Saturday WI is not looking promising
    WO kept it simple today with cardo 30 min then 15 free weight upper body

So was super (not) surprised to see the rude chickes at the gym did not make it in, oh shucks and dagnabit.....so disappointed?

So looking at my ww log, and need your chickies expertise, I have logged my food for today since tomorrow I start over, and I hae 38 weekly's remaining and 65 fitpoints...and still seeing gain or flat this week. Suggestions. I have removed brown rice, whole wheat pasta and alcohol completely this week. Last two weeks have been gains. .6 then up 1.4lb

Weekend activities will be...oh who knows at this point, and since DH and I do not own a TV watching the superbowl is not going to happen unless we go out and I am not that interested.
  • Hi turtle-chicklets,

Gosh Nancy, you've got me puzzled as to the weight gain. I see you removed the obvious possible culprits...………...do you eat a lot of squash or peas or corn? How are your portions? I'm just thinking of things people have said to me when I've run into this. The interesting thing about Purple is 3oz. of chicken breast is a serving and zero points. However, since I'm still so heavy I let myself have about 6oz. of chicken and that's still zero points.
    I hope some other people can offer suggestions because with all that exercise you're doing I should think you'd lose weight. At least the new lovely members at the gym have disappeared. Now let's let some pounds disappear as well.

Looking forward to a nice weekend and a good eating one. Met friends for lunch at a Greek restaurant yesterday and I had stuffed tilapia and mussels with sauce. Great choice and tasty, but I'm up a pound. I'm thinking I'm still okay but the sauce was probably loaded with salt, so I'm not annoyed at the scale yet. Let's see how the weekend goes. I am determined to lost 20# this year...……….which doesn't get me to WW standard, ut I would look and feel so much better.

Good luck to all. Gail, I hope things slow down up there in Canada so you can have some peace and quiet.

Judy
  • Good evening to all

Well the WI went find I did show a loss but darn if I know why since my home scale says the numbers barely budged. But I could not celebrate the loss all I kept thinking was sheesh are they going to make me give back my charm until I lose all I gained back???? I don't think they would ...would they? LOL

I am working on my 'in house conversation' to be more positive

It is getting late so I am going to shut down
    Itry thank you so much for your comments and thoughts on this crazy body we sometimes have....and you are right about your gain it is 100% sodium and will be gone in 2 days...I am the queen of sodium retention LOL
  • Hi Turtles-Chickies,

Nancy, so glad you showed a loss. Hide your charm in a very secret place because heaven only knows what WW will do next with their constant changes. LOL. I really feel you and your charm and weight loss are safe from repossession. Celebrate the loss. : Maybe one of the items you eliminated had been causing a problem.

Going to have a great day today. Getting out to see a local show, then home for Super Bowl. Have a great day !!!

Judy
  • Good day Chickies
    Late to the party for me today
    WI up .4....oh well sodium?? maybe or just pissed off from yesterday not sure which
    No WO today just normal stuff

So I am feeling pretty good even with the gain this am, I know it is a normal fluctuation and I can deal with that I suppose (like I have a choice right?)
    I have prepped all my meals for Breakfast and lunch. B all week will be homemade FF greek yogurt with frozen berries, L: veggies stir fry with 1.5C brown rice spread over 5 days. Dinners planned and prepped as much as I can right now. Snacks I have cut up fresh pineapple, cucumber and ww rolled oat granola (so easy to make)

Itry, my charm is now hidden under my mouse pad Cant find it there hehehe

I am trying to kinder to myself when that inner voice jumps on my shoulder and shakes it's head. I actually thought I gave it a good swift kick in a place that may or may not have seriously hurt it. I will see how the week plays out whether I need to do it again

ok off to superbowl land....not really I don't have a TV and am not going to pay to stream the game...oh well
  • Hi Turtles,
    Always be kind to yourself. It's such a fine line between being so kind that we never eat properly and not kind enough that we are angry with ourselves. I mean to lose weight and reach goal this year. I am off to a shaky start. Lots of silly little changes here in my household, so I need to figure out how to eat healthily during the adaptation period.

Nancy, what is the ww rolled oat granola. I love granola, so would love to hear how you make it. Your prepped lunches and breakfasts sound good and healthy also.

Looking forward to some time at the beach in a few weeks. We'll go out with one or two of our grown daughters and two grandkids. It will be fun. Nothing like the ocean in the winter. Gorgeous and good walking too.

Take care and keep writing. So good to hear from you!
    Judy
  • today will be a great on program day.

Judy
  • Good morning turtles, all of us hehehehehehehe

Itry it is on the ww site if you look for Rolled Oat Granola....makes 2 cups and 1 serv is 1 Cup is 2pts....PB2, SF Maple syrup, vanilla, uncooked oats, protein powder, cinnamon and salt...poof it is so good I just keep making double batches and just munch away. I back mine for about 40 min total but I like my granola really crunchy.

Todays positive: Planned meals again, and stuck to planned meals/snacks yesterday, I actually went over my points last night just because the 'meatloaf bites' were high in purple points. So I saw a gain on the my personal scale but I know it was the heavier food last night and I only went over by 5 so I used a few weeklys or fit points not sure which way my app is geared.

Oh my gosh the beach in the winter is so nice! cold and windy but nice!

We are getting a little snow right now that will trun to rain so boo hoo ....I am so ready for spring..
    Back later
  • Hi Turtles--Chicklets,

Nancy, thanks for the WW granola recipe. Sounds delicious and easy to make.
    I had my WI today and was up four tenths of a pound. Not much, but wrong direction. I have been eating well and experimenting with the Purple Plan. I expect to see a weight loss soon. I need to remember that a super slow 2#/month is still 24# by the end of the year and that would make a huge difference in everything for me.

Glad you had so many positives. All smart and it looks like the Purple works nicely for you. I had a great day yesterday. Little talk to myself that my snacks can't be cashews...……...carrots and mini peppers will work at least for now. Today is another good day. On the day I WI, I go next door to the Greek restaurant and get a lunch to share with dh. I have salmon on top of Greek salad. They will hold the feta and dressing on the side and I put just a smidge of it on the salad. Usually plenty big enough to have for dinner with some cold chicken. This can all work as long as I work it.

: to all who read these posts. : and and and to eat healthy, exercise and get healthy!

Judy
  • OK checking in

Up AGAIN so this is a 2.4lb gain in two days. Last night was over by 1pt but all the food I consumed is what I either cooked or a fruit...so not sure what is going on with that hodge podge mess
    Again all meals planned and sticking to the plan it is just frustrating to see no movement in the right direction even though I am doing al the right things.....

OH but the 'girls' at the gym, you know I am sure I told you, the one who sat on the counter in her tericloth robe that I very and not so nice told to get her a** off the counter where people put their makeup etc. she thought I was rude to say anything...anyway they were at the gym and avoided me like I had a the plague LOL....oh well just don't care....with age comes a certain privledge

back later
  • Nancy...………..I'm reading what you say and don't know what to say. 2.4# sounds like a gain that should go away soon. I do know at my age I can't eat any of the extra points, etc. and lose weight. I think Purple takes a bit of getting used to. good luck.

Glad the :girls" are ignoring you...……………..that sounds perfect to me...………...who would want to be pals with them??
  • Hi Turtles,
    Two perfect days and a loss at my home scale. WEigh to go! : I really want to reach goal this year. I have a 40# weight loss to my credit, but have about 40# more to go. I don't want to be stalled at halfway point any longer.

Judy
  • Good afternoon!
    Itry, whoop whoop for the drop....sending for more!

Wi for me too saw a bit of a drop but I seem to be on this trend where Sat is offical WI, then sunday see a bit of a drop then monday a bigger drop then tue, wed gains (2.5lb worth) then slow drop until saturday again...I am sooo tired of this ouncy bouncy game. Just show me a real drop and stick to it!! dagnabit

No workout today I have a blister on my little toe, both sides...how this happened is a real headscratcher but when you can't really put your shoe on without pain time to let that toe heal.

Ok foods planned but it may go over just a bit today by about 1-2 points but I am committed to log it all. But the foods are of my making and not eating out so I feel real good about that.

going to scoot back to work ~~ Later chicks/turtles (thats me)