1: 261.5
    2: 260.5
    3: 261
    4: 261
    5: 261
    6: 261.5
    7: 261 TOM

Total loss for Week One: 0.5 pounds
    .................................................. ....................................
    8: 260.5 TOM
    9: 261.5 TOM
    10: 260.5 TOM
    11: 259.5
    12: 259.5
    13: 258.5 **NEW LOW KLAXON**
    14: 258 !!!

Total loss for Week Two: 3 pounds
    Total loss for March: 3.5 pounds
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    15: 257.5
    16: 257.5
    17: 258.5
    18: 258.5
    19: NWI

I was up all night doing a stats project (I'm a very last-minute person...) so I didn't think it was worth a WI today.

Congrats on your one-year anniversary, Lacerta! 72 pounds is a huuuge achievement in a year! You'll be at goal in no time!
  • Week Three
    15: 196.2
    16: 196.4
    17: 197.2
    18: 195.4
    19: 195.8
    20: 195.2
    21:
    ----------------------------
    Total Loss for Week Three:

Back at my all time favorite weight of 195.2 (not really, but I think if I plotted out all my weights over the last year by frequency of occurrence, then 195.2 would be the one I saw the most often). I'm ready to see new lower numbers soon, please.
  • SW: 175 lbs
    CW: 172 lbs
    GW: 162 lbs

this is just marking territory.

Until I get below 170, none of this really counts, at all....I spent most of Autumn, 2018 below 170, so it is RIDICK that I am above 170 through all of 2019, so far. dumb
  • Week Three
    15: 196.2
    16: 196.4
    17: 197.2
    18: 195.4
    19: 195.8
    20: 195.2
    21: 195.4
    Total Loss for Week Three: +1.4

/sigh. So March so far has basically been a wash. 10 days left to make some progress. It'd be nice if the scale would agree. I've been on plan, but still working too many hours. I don't tend to lose weight at over 40 hours a week so I really need to get the point I can cut back again, but right now, I'm having to put some extra hours in working toward streamlining some things to help me cut back more going forward. So some extra time now to save a lot of time later. I'll get there.
  • CW: 113.1
    TW:<114
    I definitely put weight on last week, and also fat according to the scales which I agree with after all those curries. I've been back to a pretty good diet this week, and back to my daily gym sessions, and am down 1lb again, but still 1lb up on 'normal' so want to try be conscientious this weekend (apart from tonight when we've got visitors and a posh meal out!) and drop back a bit by this time next week if possible....
    I'm in the mood for healthy food at the moment but suffering a little bit from the mid-afternoon snack-attack, so just need to be careful for a while.
  • Lacerta - it is interesting to me that you have charted your knowledge on "pounds won't be lost when >40 hours are worked in a week". I love charting things to see if they are related, at all. Neat.

ange82much - it sounds like you are right back on track.

I did eat out at a restaurant last night. Date night! Our first date night in soooooo many weeks. So, I did indulge and I am fine with that choice. I am not going to weigh myself until Wednesday next week (anyway) and that gives me ample time to continue with my exercise, pay attention to my food portions, and keep up with eliminating late-night snacking.

I only gave myself permission for one late-night snack this week - it was popcorn and it was for one night. I totally DO sleep better when I don't eat ANYTHING after supper and that is the metric I am focusing on when I start roaming around the kitchen at night. "Do I want to sleep? Or do I want to mindlessly snack??????" ...for now, the "SLEEP" part of that equation is winning!
  • Beeps: It's actually a stress thing for me. Too many hours only happen for me when things are really hectic at work with a lot going on, which stresses me out, which causes me not to lose weight, even if I'm still eating at a deficit. As far as I can figure out, I seem to "stress retain" in significant amounts. So if I could just find time to take a week off, I might drop like 4 pounds that week. I think that is also why I tend to lose the most on weekends, when I have time off.

Week Four
    22: 194.6
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    Total Loss for Week Four:

Progress back into the 194s. I'm hoping to see the 193s again this weekend. Only been there one day so far.
  • Week Four
    23: 194.8
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
  • Week Four
    24: 196.0
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:

I'm not surprised to be up today. I made the decision to have pizza yesterday, first time in quite a while. So I expected water retention today. I was fine on calories, so I should go back down in the next few days.
  • Week Four
    25: 194.8
    26:
    27:
    28:

So I seem to be the only one left in this thread right now. But anyway, the pizza from Saturday appears to be gone again, so back into the 194s. I really want to get into the 193s and stay there, so I feel like I actually made SOME progress this month.
  • I feel like I am finishing March STRONG. So, that is a "win".

My "no late-night-snacking" endeavour, while not perfect, is MUCH better than any performance I had in Jan or Feb. I will keep this habit going forward, and think of another "good habit" to add in April.

Wednesday is my weigh-in day....I am unsure I will sneak into the 160s, but surely hope I have dropped from last week.
  • Lacerta i'm still here, but no-one is really interested that i'm still whinging about whether i'm maintaining adequately or not every day No new stories from me so I don't have as much to say.
    It is a bit weird though because this thread was going gangbusters a few weeks ago - what happens to people?!?

Beeps - nice work on cutting out the late night snacks, that's a very sensible rule and now a great new habit. I found that I don't even think about consuming anything at night any more, (except my peppermint tea if i'm in for the evening) so it's just not difficult to do at all once you're in the habit. I normally eat last at about 5pm then not til after the gym at about 8am and that works well for me. What are you thinking of for your April tweak?
  • I know March is almost over, but I'd like to join the challenge. I'm not sure how much I'll lose this month, but it looks like there's a new thread monthly?

I guess my goal for what's left of this month is to lost maybe a pound? That would be nice at this point. We'll see about next month after the end of this one shakes out.

I've got a question. I started losing weight a couple days ago. The last time I weighed myself was in the afternoon after eating 'normal' (which is to say overeating with too much junk food) - I was 167.4 lbs. Then I ate healthy yesterday (I calorie count and eat mostly whole foods), and peed a TON (as happens when you reduce food/salt and increase water intake), and this morning before breakfast and after going to the bathroom I'm the exact same weight. No budging at all. Now, I know it's been like a day and a half, but usually there's SOME drop in water weight when you first start, isn't there?

I'm not necessarily distressed, just more confused. Any insights?
  • Tala: Welcome and yes, there will be another thread starting in a few days, but it is always a good time to join in. As for your question, there can be several pounds of fluctuation throughout the day, so the most important thing if you are tracking the scale, is to weigh in at the same time and under the same conditions each day. So a mid-day weigh in can't be compared to an early morning weigh in. Also, there can be a lot of day to day fluctuations just because of the weight of food in your digestive system. Also, you said you peed a lot, but maybe not as much as you increased your water intake. So maybe you were dehydrated when you weighed in the first time and your body is now rehydrating itself. Also, if you are female, where you are in your cycle could STRONGLY impact whether your body is willing to let go of the weight this week or not.

Ange and Beeps: Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in the thread.

Week Four
    25: 194.8
    26: 195.8
    27:
    28:

I am sooooo ready for this plateau to be over. When I took my mid-month measurements, I hadn't lost any inches either. So a definite plateau. I think I need to spend a few weeks closely tracking my food again, and see if the creep has brought my calories back up to maintenance without my realizing it. I don't track every day because it burns me out too fast, but it might be time to bring in some extra accountability again, because this plateau has gone on long enough. On the plus side, if my goal was to maintain right now, I've got that down cold!

I went shopping on Saturday for some new shoes to correct my heel pain I've been having, for some new goal jeans, since I can fit into all the sizes I bought last summer, and for a new bra, since mine is getting too big in the band. I had hit and miss results. Found a great pair of shoes, which were more expensive than I would have liked, but TOTALLY fixed my heel pain when I wear them. I found a pair of size 8 and size 6 (?!) jeans in the kind I like. I don't know if I'll ever really be a size 6, but it gives me a pair to work toward. The crazy thing is that I decided on a whim to try on the 8s, just to see how close I was, and I was able to get them all the way done up in the dressing room. They looked terrible on me, but I got them on. I didn't expect that. I won't be wearing them for at least 20 pounds, as I'm still wearing my 12s, but still. I also wanted to buy a pair of 10 capris for this summer, but they didn't have any, so I'm going to just order a pair online.

Finally, the bra shopping. I went to r/abrathatfits to find out what size I actually should be wearing. I've been wearing my 42Ds this entire time, since starting the process over 70 pounds ago, but the band, even on the tightest clasp, is starting to get a bit loose. I was hoping I was measuring wrong, because the size I was getting is impossible to find in stores. But no, it came up with that I should be a 36H or 34I. That is not what I wanted to hear. I had heard that Target was going to start carrying larger cup sizes, so looked there first, and heard Nordstrom's sometimes carries larger. No luck in either place. I think I'm going to have to order them online too, which I didn't want to do, because I want to try them on in a store before buying.