Tala: -1 lbs
TealWaters: -6 lbs
VickieLou: -7 lbs
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #92  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Lacerta - shopping for bra's is the worst. Well done on giving it a go. The jury's out on whether it's better to be a non-standard size or not (if you're standard you have to try on a million different ones, if you're non-standard you just try everything they've got!)

Tala - hi! Agree with Lacerta, just pick a time of day and weigh in at that time each time. Then ignore what it says The scales are going to go up and down and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why. Just make your lifestyle changes and the scale will play ball eventually. I like to plot mine on a graph so that I can see trends more easily and don't get as hung up on an actual number. You're right that most people get a bit of an early whoosh, but i'd say in the first week or so, not necessarily in the first day.

Spin class was tough this morning as my legs were aching from the other weights classes this week, but that's it for a couple of days as i'm working interstate the rest of the week, and have a trek on Saturday. Might try get a walk in when i'm away but realistically it's probably not going to be much more than that. Keen to stick to some food discipline whilst away though.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 291/265.5/133

Height: 5'3"

SW: 261.5
GW: 257.5

1: 261.5
2: 260.5
3: 261
4: 261
5: 261
6: 261.5
7: 261 TOM

Total loss for Week One: 0.5 pounds
.................................................. ....................................
8: 260.5 TOM
9: 261.5 TOM
10: 260.5 TOM
11: 259.5
12: 259.5
13: 258.5 **NEW LOW KLAXON**
14: 258 !!!

Total loss for Week Two: 3 pounds
Total loss for March: 3.5 pounds
.................................................. .................................................. .
15: 257.5
16: 257.5
17: 258.5
18: 258.5
19: NWI
27: 258.5

I'm here, I just haven't been eating, sleeping, or exercising well and I stopped weighing in. I've been super-busy with university stuff as well as my tennis elbow/gallstones drama, but I wanted to stop the slide before it got out of control. The best way to do that is to weigh in and I was slightly bemused to see that I'm the same weight as I was 10 days ago. I fully expected a 3-4 pound gain but I guess it feels as if I've been eating a load of food, which it was compared to normal, but it was actually just maintenance. So here I am again, hoping to end the month strongly.
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

ange: The problem is that I'm nonstandard enough that "what they've got" more often than not is nothing. I actually found a few online yesterday at Nordstrom's and ordered 2 to try (because apparently I can return them at the local Nordstroms if they don't fit), but they were European brands because apparently no one in the US has big boobs, and so US bra makers don't think it is necessary to make them, even for special order. /sigh. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll lose some mass and get back into the Ds again.

Newlyn: That sounds like a win to me, still weighing the same after 10 days of not focusing on it. I didn't weigh in for just 2 days when I was super busy and gained 5 pounds. So way to go. Also, good job stopping the slide and getting back on the scale. Is tennis elbow something that physical therapy could help with? I had swimmer's shoulder a couple years ago, and my physical therapist was amazing and basically fixed me completely within a couple of months. Did your bloodwork show you have gallstones? Are they going to try to dissolve them, or do you need surgery?

Week Four
22: 194.6
23: 194.8
24: 196.0
25: 194.8
26: 195.8
27: 194.8
28:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Four:

Nothing new here. I've been eating very well again for the last 10 or 12 days, but no movement on the scale. Up to this point, I haven't weighed any food, I've just been eating better, making better choices, more healthy foods, less sugar, and moving more. I did measure some in the beginning with measuring cups and spoons to get an idea of portion size, and used guidelines like "the size of my fist" or "the size of a deck of cards" to eyeball portions. I may have reached the point where that isn't enough and I need to actually weigh portions out. I suspected this day would arrive, I was just hoping it wouldn't. I don't anticipate having to weigh my food forever, but I may have to get a food scale so I can get an accurate count of calories for a while. Ugh! It might also make it easier to slowly cut back on portion sizes if I can be accurate with a scale.

Soooo....Any brilliant recommendations for a good food scale?

Last edited by Lacerta; 03-27-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 175/172/162

Height: 5'8.5"

Sigh. 172. So, no loss this week. Weird. But, whatever....I don't feel like I have been misbehaving and so, I attract no guilt.

Lacerta - I am unsure what my April "tweak" will be....partly because I have 2 out-of-town trips to take, it may not be the best month to add another hurdle to my growing tasks of "if/only"s

I did workout today. My feet are tired. I did not late-night snack last night, but I did have two drinks with alcohol in them - and I am not really a drinker - so maybe that is the pop-up I see on the scale, today? Anyway, the drinks were lovely - I was at an after-work function with my VP and she also had 2 drinks so we were having a great ol' time!

I feel better without my muffin-top, though. I know I do. Summer is coming. I really need to buckle down. I also don't want to beat myself up about it anymore....sigh.
Beeps2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:16 PM   #96  
On the long way down

S/C/G: 188/143.2/135

Height: 5'-7.5

Week Three
15: 140.8
16: 140.4
17: 139.8
18: DNW
19: DNW
20: DNW
21: DNW

Total Loss for Week Three: 0.6 lbs.

Week Four
22: 141.6
23: DNW
24: 141.6
25: 140.2
26: 140.4
27: 139.6

Just keep hovering around 140. It doesn't seem like I'm seeing movement, but when I look at the trendline on my weight vs. time graph, overall I'm trending lower. It's just so slow. Work has been pretty busy, we won a $32M project the same week we interviewed for a $24M project. Good things, just long, high-pressure days. I've been pretty good about maintaining my exercise schedule, but I could be better. I dropped a couple of days. Went on a 22 mile bike ride on Sunday and it was amazing. Took Monday off from the gym because I was a little sore and so hungry. Lol. Went to the gym last night and my legs were still a little tired, so I shortened the duration and intensity of my leg workout. I don't want to push it and re-injure my knee. I didn't have any knee issues during or after the ride, which is fantastic.

I was hoping to get back on the bike trail today, but it looks like I'm going to be sitting at my daughters lacrosse practice instead. Maybe I'll go for an outdoor run if it's not raining.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been hitting up Poshmark and thrift stores to re-build my wardrobe with at least essentials and I've been pretty successful! I found a couple of pairs of Gap/Lucky/Hollister/Joe's/7 4 mankind jeans that were my size and current styles. Couple of pairs of shorts, shirts, sweaters. Mostly loft/Ann Taylor, Athleta, Armani Exchange, Under Armor, Nike, and 2 pairs of my favorite yoga/workout leggings by Zella. I think I've spent $150 or less on 25 items or more. Treasure hunting brings me joy, so I probably have spent more time than most finding what I really want. Just need to start selling the stuff that doesn't fit me now...what a chore!

I hope by the end of this month I can stop seeing 140 at all. It seems so reasonable and close, but also so far.
SnowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #97  

Week Four
22: 194.6
23: 194.8
24: 196.0
25: 194.8
26: 195.8
27: 194.8
28: 194.4
Total Loss for Week Four: -1.0

If I'm really lucky, I might end the month down over a pound. /sarcastic

Seriously though, this is the lowest I've been all week, and only a pound away from the lowest I've seen. So I'm getting back there. I'm hoping to see a further drop over the next 3 days to end up the month at least back into the 193s. I'm sad that I'm not going to make either of my big minigoals this month. I thought they were JUST out of reach last month, but thought they'd be a done deal this month. Not so much. But I'm going to crush them in April.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:08 PM   #98  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

On another thread I was just talking about reading Atomic Habits, a book about making good habits and ditching bad habits, which was suggested by another Chick, but reminds me of your approach Lacerta - all those little incremental changes you've been making become habits and will agglomerate to give you the lifelong success you're aiming for. Have you read it? If not, have a look at it - it'll make you nod your head that you are doing all the right things and maybe give you extra patience, although you're doing exceptionally well at that too.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 167.4/166/108

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm at 166 today! Yay! I made my at the start of losing weight)!rt of losing weight)!

Lacerta: That makes sense. My thought was just that I usually weigh MORE in the afternoon after eating and such, but two weights at two separate times may not work to compare because I can't track everything in my body's system.

How does getting goal pants work for you? Is it helpful? I've been considering it but wasn't sure of pros and cons.

gardenerjoy: Thank you!

ange82much: Thanks! Makes sense. I might try weighing once a week. At my current weigh I can gain a few pounds without ever feeling it, and while I techinically calorie count (i.e. am aware of the general calories in my foods) I mostly focus on healthy foods and historically I can accidentally eat too much of that too.

Have a good trip!

Beeps2011: That's a big motivation for me too. Not necessarily for summer, but actually feeling better in my body.
Tala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #100  

Tala: Goal clothes work well for me because it lets me see that I am losing inches in a very visible way. I love the feeling of fitting into a pair of pants that I couldn't wear a month ago.

ange: I haven't heard of it, but may have to check it out. Maybe I'll pick up a few additional tips.

Snowmama: That is amazing that you are almost completely out of the 140s. I believe you when you say it is hard to lose more. You're a fraction taller than me, and I seriously doubt I will EVER get into the 130s, or that I would even want to. With my build, I don't think the 130s would look very good on me. My point is that I assume you are working on those very last few stubborn pounds and those will almost always be very slow to come off. Keep up the good work.

Bonus Days
29: 195.0
30:
31:
Total Loss for Bonus Days:
Total loss for Entire Month:

Last edited by Lacerta; 03-29-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #101  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Are you looking ahead to April?

Here's our new thread: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chi...challenge.html
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #102  
On the long way down

S/C/G: 188/143.2/135

Height: 5'-7.5

Ange8 What do you have going this weekend? We like your maintaining posts – we all hope to be there soon. ��

Beeps Late night snacking – that’s a great good habit goal. That was one of my first habits and it made a big difference. What’s your April goal? I’ll join you in good habits for the month.

Newlyn Sorry to hear about your health troubles! My friend just had a gallstone flare up on vacation and they scheduled him for surgery. ☹ I hear the pain is really intense and limiting. I hope you’re feeling better.

Lacerta You have done so well on your journey; your commitment is impressive. Here near the end I’m not sure where I want to end up – I’m sure it will be similar for you too. Especially with your increasing activity and body changes, it’s just hard to know until you’re at the next milestone. Thanks for the encouragement!

Tala Welcome! It’s great to see movement once you commit to losing. I would highly recommend actually tracking every calorie – you might be surprised where you are at the end of the day. And even healthy foods can be high in fat and have an impact on loss. My brother was thoughtlessly eating almonds as one of his go to snacks and couldn’t figure out why his fat/muscle ratio wasn’t changing.

26: 140.4
27: 139.6
28: 138.4
Total Loss for Week Four: 1.4 lbs.

Final Days
29: 138.8

Three days in the 130s – it’s really real! I’m about 8 lbs away from my goal (I think). I’m not 100% sure where I’m going to feel most comfortable, but in my head getting back to a size 2/4 and around 130 was my plan. But it’s not set in stone. I’m a 4/6 right now and I feel pretty good. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing and see what happens. At the current rate I’ll hit my goal sometime near summer.

I’m working on a vacation plan for mid-April and we’re going to take family photos (my daughter and I). I’ve been avoiding professional photos because of my weight and looking back I’m sad I did. Such a dumb thing to do.

Any advice on destinations? I’m looking at islands in the Caribbean or Bahamas, but would love to hear about places/trips you all have enjoyed. We still haven’t been to Australia and it’s crossed my mind more than once…
SnowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #103  

Bonus Days
30: 195.2
31:
Total Loss for Bonus Days:
Total loss for Entire Month:
Old 03-31-2019, 01:47 PM   #104  

Bonus Days
30: 195.2
31: 194.6
Total Loss for Bonus Days: +0.2
Total loss for Entire Month: -0.6

My current measurements (to the nearest .25 inch) are:
Neck: 13.75 -> 13.75
Bicep: 13.25 -> 13
Forearm: 11 -> 11
Chest: 42.25 -> 42.25
Waist: 37.25 -> 37
Belly/Hips: 44 -> 44
Thigh: 25 ->25
Calf: 16.75 -> 17

So that is within the margin of error and I showed no loss of inches this month either.

But hey, I didn't gain anything either, so that is a win and I'm counting it as such. April is going to be better.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #105  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face

I ended up the same weight I started. My weight just kept going up and down. Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 199.2
CW: 199.2
GW: 192.2

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote