Winter to Spring Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • curvynotlumpy: You are right! My goal date is exactly 89 days away! So I still have time to get there. I am sorry you stalled last week, those are the worst moments of this journey. But hopefully you will get a nice woosh once it goes away!

Newlyn: Congrats on the new decade!

somedaysunny: OF COURSE YOU CAN! And you are doing it, and you are amazing! You have lost SO much in such little time, you are doing GREAT! So... Just keep going! And you'll get there.

Lacerta: Oh noes! I a sorry about your gain, and your cold! You know it's funny cause I have also been sick since Tuesday and I have lost SO much because of it. I barely move, haven't been to the gym or for walks and yet I have lost like 4.9 lbs in the past week... I am guessing it's all water weight and I am wondering if it's all going to come right back when I get better. But you should try to stay on plan, I haven't been eating great either, but I have been trying to stay with in my calorie allowance. I do hope you get better soon!

---

This week has been crazy. I can hardly believe I've seen a 4.9 lbs loss. I am thrilled about it don't get me wrong, but also worried that once I am no longer sick all the water weight will pile back on. We'll see I suppouse. We are halfway with this challenge! It's crazy! Thought it's nice to see most of us are around 50% to reach our goal, so you are all doing GREAT ladies! So let's keep going!

• Newlyn: congrats on a great week last week. Here's to another good one for you.
    Sunny: you are rocking your weight loss program. In 6 months you lost a lot of weight. Keep up the great work!
    Lacerta: way to go talking yourself out of that frozen fudge bar
    Dreamer: I noticed we're halfway to spring also YIPEEee and I agree we're mostly on target. Here's to a fabulous finish for all of us.

9 more sleeps to Costa Rica. I'm so excited. Hoping I don't mess up my weight loss too badly while on vacation for 3 weeks. I've actually lost weight on previous vacations ... from all the walking. I'm packing a big bag of hemp hearts for protein. Can eat a handful before going out for a meal or use as a night time snack etc.
  • SW: 266
    GW: 252

29/12: 263
    5/1: 264.5
    12/1: 262.5
    19/1 263.5
    26/1 262
    2/2 259.5
    2/9 259

That's a gigantic loss DayDreamer26! I hope you can hang onto it!

I'm in awe of how much you've lost somedaysunny!

Not a huge loss this week but I didn't expect it after last week, and also because I've been walking a lot more and my muscles are aching. I'm just happy that it's still in the 250s after bouncing up and down this week.
  • Didn’t think I’d ever reach the day I’d say 3 more sleeps ... hehehe just a little excited for my trip.
    Weighed in at 170 on the nose this morning so I’m happy with that.
    Now ... on to the next 20 ...
    Good luck everyone
  • Thanks everyone!
    This week was again another slow week, I went to the gym 3x and played tennis for about half an hour 2x, so I really expected more. Maybe it will show up next week, I hope lol My friend had a surprise birthday party last night and I had 3 pieces of pizza and didn't go over my calories! I was happy about that, even more so now seeing the scale this morning.
  • I had a very up and down week overall, but ended strong at a good loss for the week. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far this season.

I was just looking at the chart, and I see some amazing progress from so many people. But more importantly, I love seeing how many have stayed with it for so long this season. Even if you aren't losing as much as you'd like, you're ahead by trying. If you only lose 5 pounds the whole year, that is so much better than gaining 5 pounds like most people do.

Oh, and wanted to say Enjoy Your Trip to Follena. I've only left the US once, and it was only to Canada, so I'm not much of a traveler. But I hope you have fun.
  • Quote: Oh, and wanted to say Enjoy Your Trip to Follena. I've only left the US once, and it was only to Canada, so I'm not much of a traveler. But I hope you have fun.
    (((thank you))) Lacerta! I won't have a scale but I might pop in from time to time.
  • SW: 266
    GW: 252

29/12: 263
    5/1: 264.5
    12/1: 262.5
    19/1 263.5
    26/1 262
    2/2 259.5
    2/9 259
    2/16 261

TOM is looming so...
  • Didn't lose much of anything all week, but then had a good last few days, so ended up with a decent week overall.

February has been much slower than January though. I felt sick-ish for the entire first two weeks, so snacked more than usual and didn't walk as much. Felt better the last two days and that's when the scale has moved. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm definitely glad to be back to normal.
  • I need some suggestions. I am struggling with incorporating healthier foods into my diet. What are some veggies that are "safer" veggies if that makes sense lol like what do you start giving kids when they first start eating vegetables? The only grown foods I will eat are corn and apples, and put a little bit of lettuce on my tacos. I really need to expand my variety lol
  • somedaysunny: I don't have kids, so can't speak to that part, but I've been a picky eater my entire life. My advice is to just pick a veggie (preferably fresh and in season, if possible) and try it a few different ways. TRY to have an open mind, because maybe you'll just love the next veggie you try. I've always said that I hate veggies, but I do have a few I've found so far that I really like. My favorite is asparagus or broccoli, either steamed, grilled or roasted. Roasted with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt and a bit of pepper is my favorite so far, but I'll eat it any way. I also really like corn and potatoes, but whether those count as veggies or not depends who you ask. I can tolerate peas, green beans, celery (best raw with peanut butter), carrots (best raw), spinach (raw only), radish (raw), lettuce, acorn squash. I hate tomatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, cucumber, in all the forms I've tried them to date. I tried cauliflower last week, roasted, and was not a fan, and already know I don't like it raw, so it is probably going on my "no" list. I've been trying to get a new veggie at least once a month and try it some way or another.
  • Thanks Lacerta! I tried oats for breakfast this morning, not a veggie but it says they are supposed to be heart healthy lol I made 1 cup and realized that was wayyyyyy too much!

Gettinfit and Curvy looks like you guys are creepin up on ONEderland!!

I finally had a decent drop this week! I'm getting nervous if I'll make it to my goal this time. In past challenges I was always conservative with my goal but this time I pushed it so lets hope I make it lol I would like to be down to 240 around Easter and do another 5K then.
  • Y'all...I am so close to my goal for this challenge! A little over 3 pounds away!
  • Sgregg: way to go!!

Just checking in to say hello. This is my 2nd Sunday away on vacation. It’s been wonderful to see Costa Rica. I have no idea how much I’ve gained. Alcohol is kept at a minimum but I’m eating carbs some nights like rice and one night I even had flat crust pizza one night. I was fighting some sort of bug the last couple days so my appetite is low. Hoping it all balances out. Clothes still feel loose.
  • sgregg you got this!

Follena hope you're having a great time! I don't know anything about Costa Rica but since it's tropical I assume there are palm trees there! Hug one for me I LOVE them! lol Ive heard that a lot of people actually lose weight while on vacation because they are moving around a lot more than normal, so you might be surprised when you get back