Old 02-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Y'all...I am so close to my goal for this challenge! A little over 3 pounds away!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Sgregg: way to go!!

Just checking in to say hello. This is my 2nd Sunday away on vacation. Itís been wonderful to see Costa Rica. I have no idea how much Iíve gained. Alcohol is kept at a minimum but Iím eating carbs some nights like rice and one night I even had flat crust pizza one night. I was fighting some sort of bug the last couple days so my appetite is low. Hoping it all balances out. Clothes still feel loose.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #93  

sgregg you got this!

Follena hope you're having a great time! I don't know anything about Costa Rica but since it's tropical I assume there are palm trees there! Hug one for me I LOVE them! lol Ive heard that a lot of people actually lose weight while on vacation because they are moving around a lot more than normal, so you might be surprised when you get back
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:44 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 219/209.6/140

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the site, and am looking for the same thing as you all I think! Just a place to discuss progress/keep me accountable, and also somewhere to vent on the bad days!

I know there's only a few weeks of this challenge left to go, but hope I'm not too late to start! I'm going on holiday on the 15th, but I'd love to be down a few more lbs before then.

A little about me:

I'm 25 (26 next month), female, living in London. I'm very social, love being around people (not that I let on my feelings around my weight to anyone), I also love to read and travel. I have had an awful relationship with food for as long as I can remember. I was always a chubby child, but piled on the lbs when I was an early teenager. When I was 16 I had a horse riding accident, and spent a lot of time in recovery and non-intentionally lost weight during this period. When I was back up and about, I became slightly addicted to restricted my food intake and lost even more weight, but was barely eating a thing. I got down to about 135lbs at my lowest. I don't know what snapped me out of this phase, I think it was seeing a friend go through severe bulimia, and I knew I didn't want to be that person. The weight slowly crept on again for the next few years. The last two have seen a good 30/40lb weight gain, as I've been struggling with anxiety/depression and use food as a way to feel bad about myself, a sort of punishment.

On the positive side, at the beginning of this year I decided to change. I'm bored of thinking "oh one day...", so I decided to start the 5:2 diet. For those who haven't heard of it, it's where you eat 500 kcals on 2 days of the week, and then eat 'normally' on the remaining five days. I lost 7lbs in the first 4 weeks, which, although slow, was a great feeling. I started incorporating a lot of positive things into my routine - a lot more walking, and just understanding more about what I'm putting in my body. Then a couple of weeks ago the scale stayed the same - it was inevitably going to happen at some point - but it was horribly demotivating, as I really felt like I'd been very good that week. It meant that last week was not good. I only managed one fast day, and really pigged out on a couple of the other days. I felt absolutely horrible about it, and couldn't even face the scale on Friday.

Vent over - this week is a new week. I fasted successfully yesterday, and am planning on walking back from work today (about 4 miles), so will get my steps in. It would be lovely to connect with anyone who is taking the journey (any age/location/size/gender). Either on this thread or through private messages (I think this site does that?) Please do get in touch.

G
Fatandashamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedaysunny View Post
Follena hope you're having a great time! I don't know anything about Costa Rica but since it's tropical I assume there are palm trees there! Hug one for me I LOVE them! lol Ive heard that a lot of people actually lose weight while on vacation because they are moving around a lot more than normal, so you might be surprised when you get back
Thanks Sunny! Yes, Costa Rica has loads of palm trees, including acres and acres of them in palm oil farms. I sure hope you're right about weight loss on vacation. Somehow I don't feel like I've lost weight but I'll find out on Saturday and Sunday weigh-ins.

Welcome Fat - taking a hint from your username, no need to be ashamed
We're all just trying our best here. This particular thread is in the Chicks Up For a Challenge section. Which means we post our weight in the spreadsheet (see first post in this thread) once/week until Spring. If you're leaving for vacation March 15, you are certainly more than welcome, but you might also like to join any number of challenges on this site upon your return!

I'm back from Costa Rica ... what a trip. Hoping to go back one day. Loved the nature, jungle, beach, mountains. And really loved the wildlife. Toucans, macaws, spider monkeys, howler monkeys and white-faced monkeys, crocs, iguanas and sloths. One day a sloth in the tree directly in front of our balcony demonstrated exactly how sloooowly they move to eat. It's hilarious.

Good luck to everyone still participating in the spring challenge. I hope to get myself back to low-carb and in ketosis over the next week so I can at least get close to my goal of 164.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #96  

Welcome Fat and good luck on your journey!

Follena glad you had a good time! and huge congrats on the weight loss! I guess what I heard was correct lol I really hope I get to travel some day, I absolutely love it.

I almost lost 2 pounds this week so that was exciting to see. It's exciting knowing I am now closer to 200 than I am to 300! My next goal for myself was 250 and since I have now passed it I'm going to get a detox pedicure this week with a friend! I have recently tried something new as well, it's not a vegetable but it's better then junk food lol I have found a love for oatmeal! At least it has fiber! lol
I'm going to add my goals to my signature and the dates I've hit them like how Lacerta has hers (good idea btw), I now realized I would like to see how long it has been taking me to reach each goal, I made them evenly spaced out for the most part, I have holiday goals and then I have reward goals like how I just past 250 so I'm going to get a detox pedicure. Hopefully I stay on track but if I don't I'll just change them.

Last edited by somedaysunny; 03-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #97  

Sunny way to go on weight loss! It’s so great you’re rewarding yourself for the milestones you reach. Enjoy the detox pedicure! I think stress played a factor in my weight loss. Two weeks in, we were robbed. Our car was locked but it was loaded because we moved from place to place so much. Passports, ID, cash, cell phones, you name it. Gone! After police report and getting travel docs from the embassy, we carried on with our vacation. My bro-in-law still had his wallet and my sis had her cell phone. But this is the first vacation I was actually happy to come home. The upside ... the adrenaline from this incident caused me to lose weight. I also ate hemp hearts for the last few days - highly recommend!

Good luck everyone!! Let’s bring spring in with renewed motivation to keep on keepin’ on
Old 03-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 267.4/184.4/150

Height: 5'7"

So I haven't posted anywhere on the forums for about a week. It has been a rough month for me so far. I started out sick, and then just as I was getting over it, I got totally overwhelmed at work, putting in a lot of overtime, trying to get everything done by this last Friday, because I have Jury Duty this upcoming week, so had to have everything done earlier in the month than usual. As a result, I was getting up super early in the mornings, not getting enough sleep, didn't have enough energy to cook healthy for dinner, and went for the fast options for lunch. I didn't make the best choices this week because I just didn't have the mental or physical energy. Not a valid excuse, but it is what happened. At one point I was up as high as 198.2, but that seems to have been water retention. I do think I gained about a pound of real weight this week though, and where I was losing so slowly before, that set me back to where I was 3 weeks ago. This has also been the first time in a year that I've gone 2 days in a row without weighing in.

So I'm not going to make the goal I set for this season, but I looked back at my starting post and I said that I'd be happy if I lost more than 10 pounds, which I have. Hopefully this week is better than the last few have been because I want to finish the season out strong. It is week 11 and I've lost 11 pounds, so I am averaging a pound a week, so if I can just continue that average, I'll make my goal for the year with room to spare. One bad week is not the end of the world.

I am so happy to see so many people doing so well this season. Winter is the hardest season for me for sure and I'm really REALLY ready for it to be spring. I'll be posting a new Spring to Summer Challenge probably next weekend, so I hope you all join me for an amazing spring.

Follena: I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing message you sent me. You had a rougher week than I did, and you still noticed I was gone, and thought to check to see if I was ok. It really meant a lot and was the kick that got me back on here and posting again. So I'm going to dedicate my next 5 pounds loss to you. I'm so sorry your vacation had such a sour note in it, but I'm glad you were able to press on and enjoy the opportunity anyway.

Special congrats to somedaysunny and Daydreamer26 for losing over 20 pounds this season. And to Gettinfit, Coolmom75, Follena and sgregg for losing over 5% of your starting weight. So many people did amazing this season, and EVERYONE who participated for the season lost something. We have 10 days to go, so let's finish strong.

Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #99  

Lacerta I was so moved by your post. My goodness you suffered the trifecta of pain due to a cold, overwork and under slept. Eeeegads, that would be enough to put anyone under. Glad youíre taking some days off. Iím honoured you devote next 5 lbs to me, but honestly, the honour is all yours. Youíre my anchor!! xoxo
Old 03-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I passed my goal! I was shocked to see the number on the scale! I've been holding steady for a couple of weeks and then yesterday I was down, and this morning I was down even more! So, maybe I'm over that hump of a plateau and can start losing steadily again for a little while.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 291/265.5/133

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Follena! Costa Rica sounds incredible!
OMG, how did I miss your report about the robbery! How awful - that bit of your vacation was not incredible at all! Glad you could continue though.

I've been bobbling around the same weight for the last three weeks but I've been eating badly, waiting for TOM to show up. Hopefully I'm back on track now!

Last edited by Newlyn; 03-12-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #102  

Follena Oh man thats awful! I'm sorry that happened! I'm glad no one was hurt though.

Lacerta Sorry you have had it rough too! You have a great attitude though "One bad week is not the end of the world." And thank you for the congrats, you're rockin it too! You've passed that initial 10 pounds and still have 2 weeks left! I will definitely be joining in on the next challenge!

Sgregg Congrats on passing your goal with 2 weeks to spare!
Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
I passed my goal! I was shocked to see the number on the scale! I've been holding steady for a couple of weeks and then yesterday I was down, and this morning I was down even more! So, maybe I'm over that hump of a plateau and can start losing steadily again for a little while.
HUGE CONGRATs, sgregg!! You passed goal well before spring date.

If it's alright with you gals, I'm going to keep populating that spreadsheet to March 20th, just for my own interest.

Lacerta; thanks for promising to start a new challenge for spring to summer. LUV! I'll be there.

Newlyn: thanks for the welcome back. This was one vacation I was actually glad to come home from LOL.
Sunny: thanks also. I'm recovering in my mind and spirit.

I'm skippity doo dah so happy and you wanna know why? Our ridiculous cold winter has turned into spring with plus temperatures. Sun is shining, snow is melting, it's light outside by the time I go to work and I can wear normal clothing once again.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #104  
Andando...

sgregg: You have done AMAZING this challenge!

Follena: I am glad to hear you had fun! I wouldn't mind a vacation right about now....

Lacerta: Thankyou! ^^ I have come to notice this forum in general has been a lot quieter than before. I am glad you are doing ok, and back though!

---

I have also been a bit MIA for the past few weeks, but this last one inparticular was pretty rough. I have been staying on track and I lost around 1 lb... then, it all came back + a 0.4 lbs extra. I am so frustrated because it doesn't even seem to be going away as quickly as it came and now both my goals for this challenge and my trip are probably unachivable.

I am so bad at dealing with weeks like this. Gains that persist for a while and seem to have come for no reason other than to make me miserable (AKA I didn't eat badly) just throw all my motivation out the window.

And you know, the week before that I had been so happy. I went out to different stores to try pants and I have discovered that I fit in all 14s (I tried) and 16s are waaaaay too big now. Size 12 pants got up, though if they close I have a massive muffin top, but it's PROGRESS. I also noticed my XL shirts are looking REALLY baggy on me (they just hang from my boobs straight down and they make me look like a sack of potatoes), though I don't think I fit GREAT on Ls yet. I mean, they fit... they just seem a tad too short (probably because of my stomach) but I feel like I am ALMOST there.

To be honest, I am not sure what good fitting clothes are. I grew up in a place that didn't have alot of variety when it came to sizes. So I am finding it difficult to tell what is a 'good' fit. I mean with jeans is a no brainer, they go up, they fit and you don't have a muffin top that's too big. But shirts are proving to be another story. Any of you fine ladies experienced this? How do you know when a smaller size shirt fits?

Anyway... sorry for the huge rant. It's just one of those days... thankyou for reading! <3
DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

everyone!

Doing a quick drive by before my next meeting. I don't think I've checked in since my post on page one but I'm still here. Life has been super busy and crazy; the time change hasn't helped a bit . Lacerta, sending a big, virtual your way. You really have been through the wringer this month. I won't be making my goal either as I have completely stalled out but there is no mystery why. My eating has been all over the place. Tomorrow is a new day for us all.

Wishing everyone a lovely evening!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 03-12-2019 at 07:48 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote