Old 01-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 172/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I was pretty flat all week, but was down this morning to 200.8. So didn't make Onederland this week, but I didn't really expect to, but I will hopefully get there this week. Soo close.

Also, I wanted to lose at least 5 pounds each month, and today is basically 1 month in, and I'm down 6.6. If I can keep that pace up, I may hit the 180s by spring.
Fantastic, Lacerta! Youíre doing really well and your determination is a strength for everyone.

Iím feeling better about my weight loss this last week since I can now say Iíve lost my usual 5 pounds per month. Gives me incentive to do my yoga even though I often donít want to.

Have a fabulous remainder of January, Everyone!
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 287/221/180

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, I didn't work out but once this week. I've been sick all week so hopefully this coming week I can get back to it!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCup85 View Post
Ugh, I didn't work out but once this week. I've been sick all week so hopefully this coming week I can get back to it!
Ugh, being sick totally stops everything and is so frustrating. Just be ever so gentle with yourself ButterCup. Rest and drink that water. And soon youíll be able to meet your exercise goals.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #64  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Lacerta: You are soo close to onederland. Keep up the great work!Congrats to everyone else on having a successful week. We are doing so good. I had a really good week and plan on having another one. I haven't missed a day of exercise since 1/1 and I'm hoping to keep it going.

Have a great week everyone
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 267.4/196.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Follena: Thanks. Way to go to you too. You had a really good week. I hope I can average 5 pounds a month for this year. That would get me to my goal weight this year. I suspect I will slow down A LOT in upcoming months, though, so maybe, maybe not.

GettinFit: Thanks to you as well. And a back at you for making it into the single digits. Less than 10 pounds to Onederland. I hear it is a magical place.

Buttercup: But you're still here and still tracking. That is a HUGE step. Especially when sick. Every time I've stopped losing weight in the past, it has ALWAYS been because I got sick, or got injured, got lazy, and STOPPED TRACKING. Keep the good habits going, and just get back on the horse when you get healthy again. Way to go!

somedaysunny: Don't think we don't see you over there quietly kicking all our butts. How are you recovering since the surgery?

Daydreamer: I saw in another thread you didn't think this was a good week. I know it isn't a competition, but seriously, look at the chart. You've lost more than everyone this month except somedaysunny, who, let's face it, obviously isn't human. I feel like I've had a really good month, and you've lost a higher percentage of your weight than I have. Give yourself credit where credit is due, girl.

Last edited by Lacerta; 01-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #66  

Lacerta Thank you! Who knows I might not be human lol I am 23 so I think my age is working in my favor because I really don't feel like I'm working hard at this. But, I wanted a lifestyle change and not some crazy strict diet, so maybe that is why I feel I'm not working super hard. I figured I would have slowed down by now but I'm glad I haven't! Looking back I hate that I let myself get so big

I have recovered just fine from surgery. I walked a lot yesterday at an outdoors show and that made my side hurt a little bit but nothing awful. I plan on starting back in the gym next week! I have always just done the treadmill and 3 different leg machines because all the other ones are out in the open and I'm too embarrassed to have people all around me lol I go to Planet Fitness so it's huge. I'm going to switch from the treadmill to the arc and hope to see some results. It's like an elliptical but it's like your climbing stairs almost, I have heard you can feel it all over and I really need to work on my arms. When I was gaining at around 280-300 I got this nasty arm fold on my upper arm, I'm down to 260 now and it's still there so I would love it to be gone by summer so I don't feel so bad wearing tank tops
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:07 AM   #67  
Andando...

Follena: Thanks! Grats on staying on plan for two months and losing 5 lbs! That's great!!

Lacerta: You are so sweet! Thanks for all your kind words!! You are also doing great! So I guess we keep it up and make it until the end.

Hopefully this coming week is better for me. Congrats to everyone who lost this week!

DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #68  

Hello all you wintery gals ... hope you're staying toasty warm in this cold month. Some of you likely live in warmer places ..? Me, I'm stuck in the hinterland all the way in Canada ... and it's cold.

Sunny: so glad you're recovering nicely from surgery. Wow gym already next week! I think one of my sons and his wife go to Planet Fitness. They love it. Summer clothing is a wonderful motivator.
DayDreamer: thank you, it's jolly good fun to lose weight together on a thread such as this. Some days are more frustrating than others. But we keep each other strong.
Lacerta: I don't think you will slow down in the coming month. I'm so happy for you that this week you are firmly parked in onederland.
ButterCup: hoping you are feeling better

I did IF yesterday and today and like how it makes me feel. Sometimes on weekends I'll do 2 meals per day, but occasionally I'll eat only one meal. Just shake things up a bit. I also like to completely change the type of food I eat. Like instead of eggs and bacon for brekky, I'll have SKYR yogurt. It's higher in carbs but I just watch lunch/supper carb intake. Or I'll have a hot lunch instead of salad. Or I'll completely cut out nuts or cheese. Variety is the spice of life. Have a fabulous Wednesday everyone.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 291/259/133

Height: 5'3"

Sw: 266
gw: 252

29/12: 263
5/1: 264.5
12/1: 262.5
19/1 263.5
26/1 262
Newlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #70  

I feel like I'm losing pretty steadily this season. I've been down at least 1.4 every week so far this year. I was hoping for at least a pound a week, so that extra fraction is adding up. I'm really hoping the fluctuations back up into the 200s are done, and I can stay in the 190s now. It has been cold here, but nothing like the cold they've had back east and presumably up in Canada. My daily walks have been in the low-mid 30s. We've actually had a pretty standard winter, for my area. Some rain, a small amount of snow that melted right away, and temps that are cold, but not bitter. That's pretty normal around here.

GettinFit: Noticed you had an amazing week this week. Way to go. At that rate, you'll be in Onederland in just a few more weeks. February for sure.

sgregg; You updated your weight after I posted last week, so I missed how amazing you did. 9 pounds in 2 weeks is crazy. The most I've ever lost in a week, including the first week, was just over 4 pounds, and I've only done that much a couple of times. So you've had an amazing start.

Newlyn: I know the bouncing frustrates you, but threads like this one, that let you look at movement over time, are great for looking past the noise. You've lost 4 pounds so far, which is great..

Follena: Thank you

Last edited by Lacerta; 01-27-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #71  

Congratulations on reaching ONEderland Lacerta!!!!

I didn't have a good week. I went over a few calories wayyy too many times. My one day at the gym was rough, I could only walk half a mile and 5 minutes on the arc before my side where my gallbladder was started hurting pretty bad. I'll be going back today so hopefully I can go longer. I donated blood yesterday and I've been feeling dizzy today so hopefully it goes ok lol
somedaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:31 PM   #72  
Andando...

Another week came and went...

Well, this one went a bit better. Thought I am still not sure why my body is being so stubborn lately. I have been sticking to my plan pretty decently and it still seems like my body is struggling to lose anything. Weighed 219.6 lbs this morning. Not utterly heartbroken but I had wished for a better week, specially considering how little I lost last week, I was almost expecting a woosh. I might try something different this week, change things up a bit.

I have this very important goal for May and I am 4.0 lbs behind right now. So, it's a bit discouraging... but I still have to do my best right? It's better to be 4 lbs behind than to be 30 lbs behind if I was to quit now.

Grats on all the drops, and all the gals still showing up every week! ^^

DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:46 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm still here; swamped with work but still here. Most days it's all I can do to update the spreadsheets of the various challenges I'm participating in . My weight has pretty much stalled between 204-206 but I'd rather have that than an incremental or major gain. who are all seeing success.

Lacerta: Congratulations on making it to Onderland ! And to arrive there with such steady losses is a fantastic accomplishment!

DayDreamer26: May is still a few months away. Hold your head up high and continue pushing on. You got this!

somedaysunny: I've been having the same challenges with going over calories. I track my calories both in a journal and on My Plate (part of the Livestrong site). I have a calorie goal to stay at/under for the day. Days that I'm at or below shows green, any day exceeding my calorie goal shows red. Lots and lots of red on this month's tracking

Follena: I've had good experiences with IF. It may take some time to find the "sweet spot" for your eating window, but once you do you can really feel the difference in your body and attitude.

Newlyn: Nice progress

ButterCup and GettinFit

sgregg!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 145/145/118

Height: 5'4"

Just thought I would check in, I weighed 142.6 this morning. Looking forward to being out of the 140s as I haven't been 130 something since I met my husband two years ago :-D. Luckily we are both trying to lose weight. He's talking about going somewhere warm for vacation right around when this challenge will end which motivates me more to stay on track. Somethings I have changed since starting the challenge is I reduced exercise from 60 minutes a day to 30 minutes but I'm still seeing results. I don't feel like I'm "killing" myself everyday working out. I'm still calorie counting which is helping too.
maylay03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #75  

Congrats to everyone who is still staying active toward their goals. This weekend marks the halfway point through the winter. We're halfway to spring. Yay!

I took a few minutes and consolidated the chart with those who are actively posting at the top and those who are not updating currently at the bottom. If you've been moved to the bottom and come back, you get bonus props from me for getting back on the horse, but for now, I LOVE seeing how many of us are sticking it out this time. Over the winter season, we only had 5 of us that stuck it out, this season, there are still twice as many. Stick with it, everyone.