2018 Full Year Challenge - April Fools Day Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • kahaney - Whew! That sounds like a tiring evening. How did it go?

I'm just trying to get regular exercise back on the menu. Yesterday, I did 12 minutes of my CIZE dance workout before my heart rate was way too high... so I switched to rowing on my rowing machine for another 20 minutes. I'll work my way up there to doing double workouts like you, though!
  • Down just barely 1 lb. I'll take it.

Start date: 2/16/2018

Challenge Begin Weight: 198
    Challenge Goal Weight: 192
    Challenge End Weight:

2/16 - 198
    2/23 - 197
    3/2 -
    3/9 -
    3/16 -
    3/23 -
    3/30 -
    4/1 -
  • It was tiring! And I'm sore today!

Breakfast was a fruit and veggie smoothie! I got a Nutri-bullet so I can make my own! (Spinach, banana, mango, pineapple, almond milk , usually. Sometimes add oatmeal or peanut butter)

Lunch was veggies and hummus and an oat bar

Dinner was salmon with beets and carrots!

I'm still at 158.8, so not down any which I was feeling disappointed about, but also I have quite a lactic acid build up in my body right now, so I have a feeling if I keep up the exercise and my body gets used to it the weight will start coming off again!
  • I am jumping into this challenge a little late. I just came back to this site because I had a major setback. I've gained 30 lbs over the last year after the birth of my baby. Granted it has been a stressful year because my daughter has heart condition. She had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and is doing great. One stress out of the way.

April Fools Day Challenge

Challenge 2 Begin Weight: 232 lbs
    Challenge 2 Goal Weight: 220 lbs
    Total Challenge Goal: 140 lbs
    Challenge End Weight:

2/25: 232
    2/28: 232
    3/7:
    3/14:
    3/21:
    3/28:
    April Fool's Day:
  • clarita Well done getting your heart rate up and then for rowing after!!

carol nice drop!!!!

kahaney Your smoothie sounds delicious!! How do you like your nutri-bullet? You are doing a fantastic job of getting in veggies!! It is frustrating when the scale doesn't cooperate, but you are completely right!! I have heard that it can take a few weeks for all your muscles to release the water they have been holding on to. I bet that if you are consistent you will see a very nice whoosh!!! I have also noticed that when I work out I lose inches before I lose anything on the scale!

aniismom Welcome!! I am so glad to hear that your daughter's heart surgery went well, that must be a giant load off of your shoulders. Are you calorie counting or following any sort of diet plan?

• Welcome, AniisMom! I'm glad that the stress of your daughter's health issue is behind you. That's great news.
  • aniismom: welcome and I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well

santaclarita: well done on the exercise. I agree that it's best to increase your exercise slowly

kahaney: good job on your food plan. I have a blender but I was thinking of getting a nutri-bullet too. How do you like it and how does it compare to a regular blender?

wannabehealthy - congrats on your loss this week

Today is my weigh-in day - down a tiny bit since last week but not as much as I had hoped. I ate popcorn last night and there was probably a lot of sodium in it. I'm feeling quite bloated today.

Challenge Begin Weight: 133
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128
    Challenge End Weight:

2/14: 133
    2/18: 131.4 (-1.6)
    2/25: 130.8 (-.6)
    3/04:
    3/11:
    3/18:
    3/25:
    April Fool's Day:
  • kfunk6113: Rather than calorie counting, I am taking a lower carb approach. I am trying to eliminate breads and white potatoes for leafy greens, sweet potatoes and fruits. I will probably try to incorporate some juicing and smoothies into the mix as well. I still have to cook for my husband and he is typically a meat and potato type of eater.
  • flower Congrats on your loss this week!!

aniismom Your plan sounds awesome!! I have been craving a smoothie lately, but keep forgetting to stop at the store for the things I need!
  • Thanks for everyone’s response to the strategies and sodium questions. I am informed and energized by all of your experiences and input! Much appreciated.

I enjoyed the weekend thread kfunk started. I should’ve chimed in — perhaps it would’ve strengthened my ailing willpower. I ate a bunch of creamy milky chocolate over the weekend. Yep, the chocolate cravings won that battle. But I am back on track now and I will totally join next weekend’s thread!! I was down another pound before I ate chocolate so this Wed weigh in will tell how much damage I actually did.

Congratulations to those who had fat losses this past week! And super kudos to those exercise warriors! Impressive! And, I am humbled and inspired by those (esp aniismom) facing incredible emotional/mental strain and soldier on.

A warm welcome to those who have recently joined this thread. I am amazed at how beneficial it has been to hear about everyone's varied and similar experiences. Life’s journeys are always better when shared!!
  • Hello! Sorry for the delay! I LOVE my Nutri-bullet! It makes the smoothies more smooth and apparently retains more of the nutrients and it's super fast! I love it!

I feel like perhaps the plateau is over for now! I had a good woosh over these past two days and hoping it continues!

I went swimming again on Friday, rested on Saturday, did an hour of plyometrics on Sunday, and half an hour of plyometrics today! Feeling good! Congrats of everyone's progress so far!! Let's do this thing!
  • Ok so today is weigh in day... one pound down. I had some chocolate attacks that have thankfully subsided. Need to re-dial in the diet (exercise is going well which is my saving grace right now) BUT must get on it if I'm gonna meet that goal of mine. Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the hard work!!

Challenge 2: April Fools Day Challenge

Challenge 2 Begin Weight: 191 lbs
    Challenge 2 Goal Weight: 180 lbs
    Challenge End Weight: 150 lbs

2/14: 191
    2/21: 191
    2/28: 190
    3/7:
    3/14:
    3/21:
    3/28:
    April Fool's Day:
  • wallace Congrats on your loss this week!! I hope you join in on the conversattion this weekend, it helped me quite a bit!! Glad to know that the chocolate cravings have subsided, TOM cravings are no joke!

kahaney YAY on busting your plateau!! Your doing awesome with your workouts! What type of exercises do you focus on when you to plyometrics?

This is a bit of a disappointing weigh in for me. I was down to 167.4 on Saturday and I have been on plan every single day, so I am not sure what is going on!

Challenge Begin Weight: 171.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 161.8
    Challenge End Weight:

2/14: 171.8
    2/21: 171 (-.8)
    2/28: 170.8 (-.2)
    3/7:
    3/14:
    3/21:
    3/28:
    April Fool's Day:
  • Excellent work Kahaney and Kfunk (the number you had on Sat is the real number)! Hope everyone has a successful healthy weekend.
  • 2/11: 222lbs
    2/18: 218lbs
    2/25: 218
    3/4:
    3/11:
    3/18:
    3/25:
    4/1:

Challenge 2: Valentine’s Day to April Fools Day (February 14th to April 1st)
    Challenge 3: April Fools Day to Mother's Day (April 1st to May 13th)
    Challenge 4: Mother's Day to Independence Day (May 13th to July 4th)
    Challenge 5: Independence Day to Labor Day (July 4th to September 3rd)
    Challenge 6: Labor Day to Columbus Day (September 3rd to October 8th)
    Challenge 7: Columbus Day to Thanksgiving Day (October 8th to November 22rd)
    Challenge 8: Thanksgiving Day to New Years Eve (November 22rd to December 31st)