Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 Part 5

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • Thanks that is just what I intended to do.
  • Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Quote: Snce you can't PM, feel free to email me.

Laurie
  • I am so sad!!!! The Proti Thin Sweet Rolls I used to get are no longer available on Nashua! When did this happen??? Does anyone still get these somewhere in cyberspace? They were so low in carbs and were my emergency bread/roll/donut craving fix.
  • Quote: I am so sad!!!! The Proti Thin Sweet Rolls I used to get are no longer available on Nashua! When did this happen??? Does anyone still get these somewhere in cyberspace? They were so low in carbs and were my emergency bread/roll/donut craving fix.
    I think they were discontinued last year
  • Quote: Thank you. I appreciate your help.
    Ok so I am new to starting IP with alternatives (never done IP before at all) but I am taking JLUS' and Lisa's advice and I am reading all of the Alt products threads. I have read all of 4 so far and am halfway through 5...and... I am starting today! Hope to share more with you soon.
  • FYI I went to my local GNC (San Antonio area) and they have Quest bars and Sour Cream and Cheddar Crisps buy 3 get 1 free mix and match.
  • yes. GNC is a great source for Quest bars/chips/powders
  • Does anyone have a preference on brand of hot chocolate from nashua for taste?
  • Quest bars
    Since most quest bars are restricted if I only eat half can I consider it 1 "packet"? The amount of protein will be on the low end of the unrestricted limit.
  • Quote: Since most quest bars are restricted if I only eat half can I consider it 1 "packet"? The amount of protein will be on the low end of the unrestricted limit.
    Why don't you just eat it as your one restricted per day?
  • Quote: Does anyone have a preference on brand of hot chocolate from nashua for taste?
    I am a fan of all Proti-diet and Proti-thin products.
  • Quote: Why don't you just eat it as your one restricted per day?
    2 reasons I guess. 1:those are all I have right now besides shakes and I don't want to drink that many shakes. 2: I don't know if I can eat the entire thing when it doesn't taste so great. What do you think about only eating half at least for now until I place an order with Nashua?
  • Quote: 2 reasons I guess. 1:those are all I have right now besides shakes and I don't want to drink that many shakes. 2: I don't know if I can eat the entire thing when it doesn't taste so great. What do you think about only eating half at least for now until I place an order with Nashua?
    But like Lisa says - you are SUPPOSED to have one restricted item every day. If all you have are Quest bars and shakes until your Nashua order arrives, that's 2 shakes and 1 bar per day and you're perfectly on plan! Don't shortchange yourself

You can also do eggs as a packet replacement - 1 egg and 2-3 egg whites equals a packet - so maybe an omelet or scrambled eggs for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then a Quest bar for your evening treat?
  • Quote: But like Lisa says - you are SUPPOSED to have one restricted item every day. If all you have are Quest bars and shakes until your Nashua order arrives, that's 2 shakes and 1 bar per day and you're perfectly on plan! Don't shortchange yourself

You can also do eggs as a packet replacement - 1 egg and 2-3 egg whites equals a packet - so maybe an omelet or scrambled eggs for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and then a Quest bar for your evening treat?
    Thanks, got it! Also, just wanted to share this soup recipe for others who are looking for other alternatives. I used sodium free Herb-Ox chicken bouillon with 0 fat, 2 carbs and 1 g protein, plus I used 1 egg and 3 egg whites, and sea salt to taste. Someone please let me know if I did wrong by the diet.

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/chin...ggdropsoup.htm
  • how many packets?
    Hi everyone,

I am thinking about trying the IP diet. Is it standard 3-4 IP packets per day for everyone. I weigh about 245 and was wondering how many I need.

thanks