Getting out of the 160's - all ages/diets

You're on Page 21 of 35
Go to
  • Thanks thirti4thirty Good job on the .4 down I am with you on the mental barrier. I got to 165 years ago and just stopped. I was determined not to do that this time and I haven't. We can get passed our barriers ... WE HAVE TO in order to see the true victory at the end

I had a great weigh in today. Down 1.2 to 162.0. this is my new low this go around. If it sticks tomorrow I will change my ticker tomorrow. Monday's will be my official ticker change day since it's the weigh in day for most of my challenges also I made it to the gym, 3.02 miles burn 374. I am feeling good
  • Oh I found the Traditional Medicinals organic Roasted Dandelion Root tea at one of the Walmart's here and the Kroger near the gym carries it for $4.59. I had a cup not bad plain. Thanks for the tip
  • Thought I saw 167 this weekend!! Which is rare~ but omg so amazing if it's true!

I went and bought new clothes this weekend, so much fun! I went to Ross and TJmaxx so I got some things for cheap (found express jeans there for $20!) I went to walmart twice this weekend and both times I forgot to go check the scales. oy!

Btw, I have another tmi question! (sorry not sure what's up with these questions of mine lately) but do you guys have problems going to the bathroom when you're dieting/eating healthy? I don't have any regularity and I feel like I always need a laxative or fiber supplement. I don't want to get dependent on these!

I promise that is my last TMI question!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Love2b-Yayyy on that new low!!!
  • Did I say "very disciplined"? ===> I had 2 burgers y'day
    But I know what triggered that and I've found a remedy to it.

Still down to 165.1 this morning.

April...bring it on!

love2b and hhm: congrats on your respective losses! Sounds refreshing and encouraging!
  • Thanks hhm , good for you on seeing 167 LOL, the questions are fine trust me, never TMI . I unfortunately can't answer that question because I have always been irregular so I just go when I go. Or drink some prune juice to get things moving. You may want to check our how much fiber you're getting. I think more roughage would help though it doesn't help me.

Thanks thirti4thirty , nice weigh in I'm having a burger today (my plan for lunch) but without the bun, just cheese, lettuce and tomato. I may even make some oopsie bread to have it on or not

Well I'm I was hoping to see 161 point something and I maintained still 162.
  • Did I say "remedy"? I just had a bowl of banana split.

What's wrong with me?!?

I was doing sooo well! Or did I overdo it?

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh in!
  • thirti4thirty, I am thinking the same thing ... today I have had, an egg roll, two slices of wheat s/f toast with polaner s/f jam, 29 cheese nips, 7 Takis, 2 grapefruits ... not exactly good eats
  • LOL! I had a spoon of macaroni and cheese today! Thankfully just a spoon. I felt like I just had to have it, good thing I did, now it's out of my system!

I was 167 again today!!yay for ticker change!!

thank you thirty and love2b!! Btw love2b, what is oopsie bread?!
  • Thanks hhm I forgot I said I was gonna change my ticker on Monday's. Even though trust me tomorrow it will be completely wrong. Great NSV with the mac n cheese. I have had a feast today.

... it's a make shift/fake you out bread

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)
    3 large eggs
    pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
    3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
    Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you’re using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen. You can also toast them after refrigeration.
  • Yayyy hhm6! Congrats on that!
    Still at 165.1 this morning. After the whole box of banana split, I was expecting something higher. I'm gonna try and do some walking today.
    hhm6 I feel you on that one. This month I had to get the customary pizza, burger and banana split gelatto out of my system. And now I'm feeling just fine, despite the gaining back.....hihihihi
  • thirti4thirty glad the banana split didn't do you in

My junk food didn't do me in either so I'm going to take that as fair warning ... it gave me a break with the help of the treadmill and I am only up .2 to 162.2. I can live with that
  • love2b- that bread sounds so good!! especially the cream cheese!! I'm a sucker for anything with cream cheese!

I'm pretty sure I was 167.5-168 today but I'm counting it as 167 because I woke up soo soo bloated! I ate some vanilla cookies last night after doing so well during the day (UGH!~!!!) but let's pray it's water weight!

I didn't eat very well today! My mom was making some chicken nuggets and homemade potato wedges and I totally caved. At least they weren't fried? All oven baked with olive oil (yeah right--I shouldn't even try to justify this!)

I need to spend some quality time on the treadmill today for sure!!

Thanks thirty!! We're doing pretty well guys!! I just checked my previous posts and one month ago today I was 169, so a 2lb loss! Not the greatest, but not a gain is good right?!
  • hhm, it's not bad you taste more egg than anything, I think. But it serves it's purpose, 92 calories, 2 carbs, 5 protein for two pieces. And not a gain is great
  • confession
    I had a bad bad afternoon so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
    WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
    I EAT WRONG
    EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
    TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
    IT ALL WENT WRONG

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid I am so disappointed in myself. I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.
  • hi ladies

been so busy since school started again last week - still plugging along at 165. BUT it's because I've been pretty lackadaisical with everything...I realize that I have been doing things I shouldn't for my diet more often than not lately. SO, I have gone back to being strict with me! I even stopped my nightly glass (well, 2 glasses that fit in one glass) of wine - the first two nights I did without were school nights, which is a big challenge for me because it's hard to fall asleep quickly after a long night of class. BUT I DID IT!

I've been paying attention to sugar intake, as well. Very low. Dropped 2 pounds of water since Monday, so it's going to work but I just have to keep going, instead of slacking off again once I'm back to 165 like I've been doing. I simply MUST get back out of the 160's again!!! And I'm going to this time, no ands, ifs, or buts!!! Hope you are all doing well!