Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I had a bad bad afternoon so I'm admitting

I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER
WHEN I TRY TO EAT RIGHT
I EAT WRONG
EVEN WHEN I PLAN IT SOMETIMES I STILL DO WRONG
TODAY STARTED OUT WELL AND I BLEW IT
IT ALL WENT WRONG

How on earth do you blow your own birthday present? Tell me that isn't just plain stupid I am so disappointed in myself. I think I am actually losing control of the late afternoon/evenings, smh.
Love2b!! Don't worry! You are not alone here! Two weeks ago I went to target and bought the 12 packs of little debbie and sara lee snacks and ate them ALL in 2 nights!! It happens, I think sometimes it's our brains wanting to break free of all the restrictions we put on ourselves.

My hardest problem is also the evenings so now I've been brushing my teeth right after dinner so the taste is out of my mouth. It helps a little!! Or can you keep a diet soda around? Sometimes the carbonation helps me feel less hungry (and no cals/sugar!)

Don't beat yourself, you've gotten so far, if anything you gain some water weight but it will go down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
hi ladies

been so busy since school started again last week - still plugging along at 165. BUT it's because I've been pretty lackadaisical with everything...I realize that I have been doing things I shouldn't for my diet more often than not lately. SO, I have gone back to being strict with me! I even stopped my nightly glass (well, 2 glasses that fit in one glass) of wine - the first two nights I did without were school nights, which is a big challenge for me because it's hard to fall asleep quickly after a long night of class. BUT I DID IT!

I've been paying attention to sugar intake, as well. Very low. Dropped 2 pounds of water since Monday, so it's going to work but I just have to keep going, instead of slacking off again once I'm back to 165 like I've been doing. I simply MUST get back out of the 160's again!!! And I'm going to this time, no ands, ifs, or buts!!! Hope you are all doing well!

Sugar is huge for me! Although I feel like sometimes I count my carbs more carefully than sugar (like rather have my 20g of carbs come from sugar vs fiber lol- horrible logic i know!)

Still 167 today!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #317  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

165.1 here. I'm with you on this one, love2b. But please let's not give up hope. I'm planning to tell my therapist about this on friday, our next session. I don't know where the problem is coming from again.
I had another full bowl of banana split and I've just ordered a fully loaded burger for home delivery. Y'day I also had a huge bowl of rice and fish.
I'm disoriented. But I know I have to get back onto the wagon. Let's do this step by step.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 04-10-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

It's official. I can't bake when I'm dieting!! I ate two of everything I baked today (brownies, cookies, baked mac and cheese!) ugh, I actually feel reaaally sleepy now too which is so weird, like if I were to nap it would be amazing, ugh so sluggish.

I was 167 this morning. I'm sure the +100g carbs I had in one sitting will come back to haunt me tomorrow morning =(

Hope everyone is doing well! These bad days don't define us!!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 165/165/133

Height: 5ft 5inch

Hi everyone I'm new to this site I'v just found it as I'm lying in bed crying my eyes out... I'v just gotten my hair done by the sister in law who is a twig person and insists she has to lose weight I have been feeling crappy now for a few years and have just never been able to get rid of my weight but the last week or so I'v just hot rock bottom and she pushed me over the edge tonight, sorry to have a rant but I see the inspiration and the support here and I'm just hoping I can get some I'm really at the end of my shock now with using my mouth and stomach as a bin bag!! I'v never ever ever felt so low so here I am looking for real people with the same real problems!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #320  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Welcome, MM2014 don't worry, you're in good company here

I'm down .2 today - not much but better than up. My 3rd night in a row without wine was last night, and I'm doing well with it! Lifted heavy last night - 5 sets of machine flys, 5 sets of machine delt rows, and 3 sets machine chest presses. From there I did 30 minutes uphill at a 12% incline on the treadmill, at 4 mph. This is what I'm talking about!!! I AM BACK! ha ha! School has kept me from getting to the gym very much for the last few years...but I think I've got a better handle on it now. Plus the fact that I'm taking 2 classes instead of 3 this quarter - 3 is just too much while working full time!

Either going out on a bike ride with DH tonight, or a walk. We'll decide when I get home from work
Old 04-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #321  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still alive, I swear. And my weight hasn't really budged. I'm dealing with some time-consuming, stressful personal situations. I've managed not to lean on food for support so far...at least not much. My weight's 166.2.

Hope everyone's doing well!

And welcome, MM2014!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #322  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks hhm I got back on the wagon this morning and actually dropped that .6 that I was up. Not sure how other than that fact that I drank a cup of prune juice before church and finally went to the bathroom when we got home. I hate being irregular. I think that's why my stomach is always so gassy, idk The more weight I lose I can actually hear my stomach digesting food. It's weird, loud and annoying when I'm out. I can't buy cupcakes. I'll eat them before I get home . Then I'm upset. So I literally stare them down in the store but I don't dare touch them or apple pies . There's a store that we shop at that sells individual pies 2 for a $1. Are they crazy? and they are at the register. If I get them they are gone before I get home. On the diet soda, it can take me a month or more to drink a 20oz soda. I don't think about them after I take a swallow. I'll put it in the refrigerator and one of my boys will ask me if I ever plan to finish it

Thanks thirti4thirty today was better. I didn't crave anything and didn't eat anything off point ... one day at a time and definitely step by step. My son-in-law wants to take me out to eat for my birthday this weekend since his Mother will be in town. He and my daughter have been talking about it for two weeks now. I will have to definitely plan accordingly. I still have a goal to make by Monday and I intend on doing it (or get as close to it as I can). Honestly I feel at this point, if I see 160 or even 161 at least I will know I can get there. Now if it doesn't stick after Monday, I don't care because when I see a number it does come back. I know I'm rambling but I really want to see a number below 162 ..... pleaseeeeeeeeee So yes step by step we will get out of the 160's

MM2014 please don't cry and don't let thin people bring you down don't listen to anything she says about weight, drives me nuts also when they talk about losing weight. They haven't got a clue. My daughter has a little pouch she may weigh 120. I told her to do some crunches and stop eating junk and cooking at midnight. She thought that was funny. She is very supportive of me and is really happy when I reach a new low, but still shows me her pouch from time to time Do you have a plan in mind that you'd like to try? I say try because we've all tried many things until we find what works and you will figure it out I hope you stick around and post as often as you can. We'll pick you up even if we are falling we have each others backs for sure

Syckgirlsfv, good job on the .2 I like the .2 they add up You've got your mojo back Lady Way to go! and Good for you with the wine I use to have a glass (same size as yours) every evening. I stopped like you cold turkey along with smoking a pack of cigarettes a days in 2004 and I have never looked back. You go Girl

Well as I said above today has been a good day ... I am happy. Hope I have another good day tomorrow. I HOPE WE ALL DO ... Ladies we have got to get out of the 160's ... at least by the end of April (we can try ) and we may succeed, if not out of the 16's hopefully we'll be close enough to the end of them to see the 150's by mid May, before June We can do this, We will do this
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Unless I get a major whoosh, I am probably here to stay for the month. I have probably slowed down to about 5 pounds a month. BUT still losing overall. Still running, still doing everything basically on plan (not perfect but no slip ups where I was out of control). Won't lie, tho, I know slower is better but I want it a little faster than 5 a month.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #324  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Donnelly View Post
Unless I get a major whoosh, I am probably here to stay for the month. I have probably slowed down to about 5 pounds a month. BUT still losing overall. Still running, still doing everything basically on plan (not perfect but no slip ups where I was out of control). Won't lie, tho, I know slower is better but I want it a little faster than 5 a month.
Great job on the no slip ups wish I could say the same and I think we all wish this weight would come off faster but they say slow and steady. So I TRY to keep that in mind it would be nice to lose like 10lbs in a week (but then we may have to go to the doctor to see what's wrong so maybe not) but it was a nice thought

I am down .4 to 161.8. New low so my wish came true. Now to keep it going My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments
Old 04-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #325  
Blessed Person Here

165.7 today...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #326  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

up that .2 today...probably because I am mid-cycle and usually carry more water at that time (TMI, sorry, LOL) and I ate a little popcorn last night so maybe the salt. Kept calories below goal again AND burned of 320 walking 3.5 miles with DH. Going to dinner with our Pastor and his wife tonight - seafood joint. I think it's one of those all you can eat sushi, which usually I love sushi, but I have stopped eating fish since Fukushima. oh well, one night won't kill me I hope!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #327  
~Rennie

New low today 161.8 down .4 ... feeling happy
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #328  
Blessed Person Here

love2b:
That's good news and so encouraging for me.
Continue, girl!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
My calories were low yesterday so I need to be good today. My daughter, her husband and his Mother want to take me out to eat tomorrow so I'm thinking I should just low carb/calorie today also. Thoughts/comments
Absolutely when you know you have something coming up, some "preemptive" extra care is great if you can. And really hit the water, too. If not, then the day after. For me, it all depends how I'm feeling. Some days I can totally fast, for example, and others, nothing doing. But I can't really plan ahead for that. I just have to see. Man, I'd love to be nearly out of the 160s. I already know when I first see that "5" I am going to jump for joy.

Last edited by Mad Donnelly; 04-11-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #330  

Syckgirlsfv, "VEGAS countdown - spa suite at the MGM Grand June 16th - 18th, 2014!!!!". This is a great motivating goal. Mine is beach time 3 weeks before that and I'd like to have that extra 3 weeks. BUT I know while at the beach, I am gonna spend every moment I can on my feet on the beach running and walking so it won't derail me.

And I actually weigh today what my thingie over there says I do.

Last edited by Mad Donnelly; 04-11-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Closed Thread