September Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • You do not suck...
    you're just having a temporary set back...
    okay?
    I resisted eating snacks again tonight...can't believe it...was really contemplating eating and then, just said, nope, not gonna do it...it's too late and I'll regret it and I'm not doing it...and, guess what? It worked. just distracted myself with other stuff thinking, this urge will pass and it did...
    well, thanks for the kudos...I'm kind of amazed myself...there were just two moments of self-control, in a whole adult life time...but hey, it's a start.
    Miss Chris you had it, not that long ago and it is attainable...the one's.
    talk to you soon ladies...
    gotta go get some rest before the sun comes up.
    Love Soozie
  • Den, good for you! I'm glad that DH is supporting you. (by buying pastries. heh heh) Give him a pat on the head from me.

Chris, get your husband in here and we'll have a little "chat" with him. We are wonderful women, and we deserve to be supported in our endeavors. Particularly when they involve our HEALTH! (not to mention the look of our butts)
    We love you, Chris... hang in there...
  • No damned way, Chris sucks! She is tough and strong.
    Let's invite that man of hers into this part of the coop and straighten him out, so to speak!
  • He is just happy I have this place to.....
    b*tch about my fattitude

Between Ms. Raven pointing out the only person Chris can control is Chris. We have come to an agreement. I will cook all the meals for the next 30 days, healthy meals, making enough there is leftovers for him. He will keep his crappy food out of my face, and I swear if I find his chocolate stash I will do a Lidian. It will get the dishsoap and garbage treatment. Where has she been anyway

I am awesome. I am strong! I am so pumped about this challenge! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! Workout is done and I feel the powersurge. LETS GO LADIES

Miss Chris
  • You go Chris girl!!!!
    Yeah Baybee!!
    My partner has been a pain in the ... with buying junk food too...
    however, I chewed her out...ummm, pardon the pun and she seems to be repenting...
    yesterday she brought home; Special K, fresh strawberries, cantaloupe, apples, and no junk food!
    (that will last for a day or two then I'll have to remind her again!)
    My trainer said that she would call DP for me and have a little talk with her...I think that I'll take her up on it. DP always tells me, well, you don't have to eat it, and I always say...it's not that easy!
    DP uses our DD as an excuse to bring junk food into the house but I say...there are lots of snacks that DD likes that don't tempt me at all! Like those gross fruit by the foot things and poptarts with psychodelic icing...ugh!!!...and when I buy snacks for the little one I buy the individually packed ones instead of a big bag...easier to control...even if I break down and open one there is automatic portion control...
    enough of my rambling.
    Love you girls...I snuck onto the scale today and as of today I'm down but I won't say by how much cause I don't want to jinx myself before Monday weigh-in...have to get through the weekend first.
    Soozie
  • I sometimes wonder if we had never had junkfood as kids would we be so addicted to it now?

For example...we were not a family that had dessert at every meal. This was reserved for special occasions. My mom did occasionally bake cookies or brownies as a treat. As an adult I never serve dessert after dinner unless it is a special occasion or we are having a dinner party with other people. I don't crave sweets often either and don't eat candy or chocolate often.

My downfall however is chips - something I have taken several years to conquer and I just recently found out that it is my mom's addiction too and she buys a big bag with her groceries every week. Guess the apple does't fall far from the tree after all

Soozie-maybe you could explain to your DP that this isn't just a diet for you to lose the weight...that you want to be healthy to be around for her and your daughter and that instead of bringing home junk for DD that you both should be good examples so that she will grow up healthy too.
  • Mauvais, I have a whole thing about kids and junk food but I'll not ramble on about it now...however, there is a great episode of that PBS show that Alan Alda hosts, I think its called scientific america where they show a research study with kids and food and overeating, it illustrates my philosophy perfectly and its great...if anyone ever gets a chance to check it out, do!

Well, just really posting here today to remind everyone to check in tomorrow with their progress for the week. I'll see you then. Hope you all had a good week and weekend! Love, Soozie
  • Hey ho! I've lost the 3 1/2 pounds I gained last week.

I'm really hungry. I think I'm tired. I did a TON of stuff yesterday. I think I'd better have a nap. It's 9:45 AM.
  • Yay!!!
    starting weight 183
    weight today 180.5
    down 2.5 pounds!!!
    yahoo!!

(congrats Ellis honey!!!)
    Love,
    Soozie
  • Whooo hoooo, Soozie!!!
  • Way to go Soozie!
  • YAY SOOZIE!!!!! I am down 6 pounds for the September challenge. (1 of them this week.)
  • Thanks for the cheerleading...and
    Den...You go girl!!!!!!
    Love, Soozie
  • Congratulations Den!
  • I think this behavior is contageious! I'm eating OP today and did almost 5 miles on the eliptical this morning. Woo hoo. I forgot (!) to step on the scale this morning but I had my house warming this weekend and ate a huge piece of lemon ginger cheesecake and a ton of rice krispies treats so I doubt I wanted to. I had a good time but no more of that cheating stuff.

Unsupportive partners suck. My Cute Boyfriend is supportive but has the moments of, "But Whhhhyyyyy can't we have real coke in the house? But Whhhhhyyyy can't we have Bronx Pizza for dinner?" I just wanna smack him.