Who started August 2013? Part II :)

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: This was WAY more than just not seeing eye-to-eye, it was a very personal attack.....
    I was still typing my previous post, when yours posted. There is never an excuse for personal attacks on this forum and am sorry to hear of it, so I hope you get your apology Lisa, public or PM, and I hope it can be accepted, and I hope we can move on. Come on everyone........life is too short and too precious to spend this much energy on negativity. PEACE OUT!
  • Good Morning Lovely Augusters!!!

I posted the same thing on the daily chat forum but I have to check in with my "August-Peeps"!!!

Yesterday we had torrential rain down here but this morning the sky is clear and sunny (which does WONDERS for my disposition, lol). Plus, when I woke up and looked in the mirror I am NOTICEABLY slimmer this morning (RIGHT ON!!!)

I had 4 songs rotating in my head this morning but the last one is "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities...been humming it since I got in the office.

Just finished swapping some IP food packets with my co-worker, lol. It was like we were kids swapping trading cards, hahahahaha!!! Our boss (a male) walked by and just shook his head, lol.

So far I've had a good start to my morning and I feel GREAT!!!

Congrats to all you Lovelies and have a great OP day!!!!!
  • Come on guys!!! Let's do a smudge or something and clear the funky board air...keep the good juju flowing!!
  • I agree with the smudge! Thank you so much slownsteady for your post. I really appreciate it. I am extra motivated this morning! You are right- no drop outs! I will report back later on my day and how it goes!

Lisa- I am sorry for the personal attack. Some things I said were out of line, I admit. I just want to move on from that. I'm tired of it. I just want to be able to come here and get the support I need to stay OP and not worry about the drama anymore. I guess like slownsteady said I am ready to surrender! My weight loss is more important than my pride. I do want to say one thing for the record though- trust me I am completely 100% mentally stable. Haha! I think the pm was a case of being able to say exactly what I think because it was basically to a stranger online. I would never say those things verbally in real life if you know what I mean!
  • Impressed
    Quote: Started ip aug 11th. As of this morning oct 2nd i am down 30 pounds and 21 inches! Some days have been rougher than others to stay op. One day at a time....
    I am so proud of how you have dealt with the unexpected changes to your schedule/life with wise choices. Many of us have used exactly those sorts of changes as an reason to go off whatever program we are on. That is what gets us overweight in the first place - excuses and justifications.

You have rolled with the punches and kept going. Kudos to you and good luck making that Halloween goal. We are very much in the same place (weight, geography, etc). Although I started IP at 270, I was 290 originally and took off the first 20 on my own.

Rather than Halloween, I am looking to the 18th of October as a goal. Our Marine son, whom I have not seen forever, is flying home for Dad's 60th birthday. He was deployed for 6 months and has just returned to his base in Hawaii but put in immediately for leave to come home for a visit. Son #2 will fly in from college for just a day but we will all be here.

THAT will be one of my biggest challenge because it will be a one day party with all my husband's favorite foods (7 different kinds of starches) and my making a Reese's B cheesecake.....
  • Hey Augusters!

Put on your boogie shoes gals!

I kicked the stall's butt this week with a 5.25lb loss. I am SUPERWOMAN!

Lol okay not really , but I feel amazing.

Have a great day!
  • Great job everyone! I love our Thursday WI's! You guys keep me motivated!
    Congrats on the breakthrough NOLA!

WI7? yeah 7 I believe - I woke up to TOM (somewhat unexpected but that comes with the IP territory, right?) so I am down 1.2 lbs for a total of 25.8. Hopefully once the bloat is gone next week will be even better!
  • Quote: Hey Augusters!

Have a great day!
    That's an awesome loss! Patience pays off. The way you are going YOU can wear the SUPERWOMAN costume and look great for Halloween. Congrats!
  • Hooray
    Quote: Hey Augusters!

Have a great day!
    It ALMOST makes it worthwhile to sit through those nasty stalls! Congratulations on holding tough and strong through those days/weeks when the needle does not seem to be moving much. It is validation that the weight WILL come off when you are OP. Maybe it can teach some of us patience?

I am hoping next week is a big loss for me since things have slowed down significantly. It will make me feel better.
  • Quote: I do want to say one thing for the record though- trust me I am completely 100% mentally stable. Haha! I think the pm was a case of being able to say exactly what I think because it was basically to a stranger online. I would never say those things verbally in real life if you know what I mean!
    Yay for everyone showing leadership on clearing the air and moving forward. You are right Slownsteady... life is too short. And the world only becomes a better place when we work to make it better in the little spots and communities on the earth that we each personally occupy.

jmanovich -- You have my encouragement when you say you want to stick to the programme. IP really works... especially when you are not playing games with it or other people who are trying their darndest to achieve better health.

As far as anonymity online -- your posts come with a name and a photograph and in earlier posts you identified your occupation. fyi: I don't live too far away from you. We share the same alma mater (university that is). This should be a learning experience to be cautious about what you post online. Don't make assumptions that you are anonymous in your posting...especially when you are posting personal details.

I suspect that the way you have treated Lisa online shows up in other areas of your life. If you are authentically sincere about making change and wanting success, I wonder if good karma means you might have to take a look at your bigger picture too.

I have been on these boards since the middle of May 2013 and have witnessed Lisa really put a lot of effort into sharing solid knowledge and advice about the programme with many people. Her advice is far superior to that many of us get from our own coaches. I owe a lot of my own success to studying information that has come directly from Lisa.

An apology doesn't come across as sincere if it is immediately wiped away with an attempt to explain that this is all anonymous anyway. Some of us here really are participating anonymously. Witness their respectfulness in anonymity, good chance that they are most likely respectful people to their core in real life. Cloaking disrespectfulness with supposed anonymity???? I do question troubled personality. I am not so sure you wouldn't say those things in real life.

If you are serious about an apology, it should be genuine and not just given because you suddenly are in a panic realising that others who have counseled consistency and commitment are now seeming more sensible to you when you are in a jam.

Genuine respect and courtesy, whether anonymously given or not, counts for alot. The world loves someone who conquers downfall.. including poor behaviour.. and comes out as a victor. Your own story is your's to write.

looking forward to hearing about your determination to stick to resolve.
    Annik
  • Quote: Hey Augusters!

Have a great day!
    Woo Hoo!!
  • Sigh...feeling so very flabby today. I visited with the lovely ladies of my neighborhood last night and sampled too many of the refreshments.
  • Hi August pals,

I know I've been a bit absent from the boards, but I have been reading to keep up! Hopefully we can move forward and continue supporting each other on the way to our goals as best as possible.

Weigh-in #7 brought me just by the skin of my teeth into the 170s! I am kissing the 180s goodbye and vow that they will never make an appearance on my scale again!

Best to all for a great end to the week and weekend!
  • Hi, Augusters!

Thanks for all the support. It is so uplifting to see how everyone is coping with stalls, temptation, etc. What a valuable community this is!

NOLASmurf, congrats on your big WI! Way to hang in there!

I hit 21 lbs total lost at my last WI. Looking forward to this weekend's WI.

Quick Question: how did you determine your goal weight? Your coach, your doctor, something else? My goal is more a size than a number on the scale, so I just "guess-timated" at a goal weight and will adjust if necessary as I get closer.

Also, I kinda had to laugh at myself as I had dinner tonight. I cooked two servings of broccoli, since I have to stay at work late LATE tomorrow. Being so preoccupied, I ended up putting both servings on my plate. I sat there, eating, wondering why it seemed like SOOO MUCH BROCCOLI!! I finally realized that I was eating tomorrow's dinner veggies, too! LOL Guess I will need to make a little more...

Have a great night! TGIF!
  • Quote:
    NOLASmurf, congrats on your big WI! Way to hang in there!

Quick Question: how did you determine your goal weight? Your coach, your doctor, something else? My goal is more a size than a number on the scale, so I just "guess-timated" at a goal weight and will adjust if necessary as I get closer.
    thanks! I choose 130 knowing that based on my height, my doctor says I should be between 90-100lbs. I've weighed that an felt too small. I looked at pics of me that size and wasnt happy. At 130 I felt "womanly" and comfortable with myself.