Exercise Accountability

You're on Page 17 of 22
Go to
  • yesterday was a rest day from my workouts...instead i ran errands all day, grocery shopped etc and went to a bday party...i ate a reasonable amount at the party but it was still more than i'm used to and i felt miserable all evening

today i got up and went to a charity walk...it raised funds to benefit the family of a teenage girl killed in a jet ski collision last summer on the lake here...i couldnt decide between the one mile walk or the 5K walk...it was SO FREAKING COLD!!! omg lol....i decided to only do the mile walk for two reasons 1) COLD OMG! and 2) my friend only could do a mile and no one else came with her so i didnt want to abandon her
  • hello!! where is everybody??

i cant be the ONLY one exercising....right???
  • I'm back to my workouts after being sick!

10/11: 35 mins strength training, 30 mins cross trainer, 1 hr elliptical, 55 mins yoga 101 (3 hrs)
    10/12: 45 mins strength training, 1 hr elliptical, 45 mins yoga 100 (2.5 hrs)
  • i finished 5 days of HIIT on the treadmill again...TOM is almost over and the scale is heading down...saw 185.4 today which is a new low for me hope it stays around

i upped the HIIT intervals mid-week because i realized what i was doing, was no longer making me sore etc later, that my body had adjusted to that intensity...so i bumped it up a little mid-week...im hoping that teh scale is going down because of the HIIT work...supposed to burn fat n all that

continuing to watch my calories, take multi vitamins and my vitamin D
  • Sorry, Alaskanlaughter! Didn't mean to abandon you. Congratulations on your new low! That's always so exciting. I'm glad the HIIT is working so well, whether it is the cause of the new low or not.

Chubbygirl, glad you're feeling better. Your workouts always amaze me.

I've been here and there and all over the place. I've been doing a lot of jogging, walking, intervals, biking, and such. Haven't lifted since the 8th since I've been trying to exercise outdoors as much as possible while I still can. I'm crazy enjoying running lately so I figure why not focus on that a bit more? Tomorrow is supposed to be stormy and blustery so I'll be back to my weights.

I've been tossing around the idea of not renewing my membership to the studio where I was taking the Les Mills classes until spring. I think I might be better served going to the local Snap Fitness so I can continue my sudden love affair with running through the winter. The cost of the memberships are comparable but it would save me money in that I wouldn't have to spend as much on gas and would certainly save me in time. I feel kind of guilty about it though, as though I'm betraying the studio.
  • hi gals! I'm super happy cuz I lost 2 more pounds. And as of today I am 25% of the way toward my goal of losing 180 pounds. Yay! Oh, and I joined a challenge at the Y where they divide us into teams and they track how many minutes each participant works out at the Y. And they'll highlight a different fitness class each week and if a participant takes that class they get to count their fitness minutes as double that week. My team is soooo gonna win!

My workout today 10/13:
    45 mins strength training
    45 mins elliptical with arms
    25 mins recumbent cross trainer w/ chest presses
    5 mins stair stepper machine

(2 hours total, 4.5 miles done)
  • Your team is so going to win, Chubbygirl! They're lucky they have you. How many weeks does the challenge last?

Was whiny and complainy and generally did not want to work out on Sunday but I did anyway. I did not up my weights at all but I unwittingly did more sets than I had the previous time. So yay!
    I jogged 3 miles straight last night and walked 1. The route is so lovely. Makes me happy.
    Tonight is NROLFW again and I'll face the bodyweight matrix. I skimped on it last time I did this workout so I'm determined to conquer it. (And then I get to make some crab and cream cheese wontons which I'm super excited about it. )

I'm getting really, really, REALLY sick of the scale not moving but once a month. Deep into that third week of seeing the same number on the scale, I start to think it'll never move again. Knowing this trend keeps me from pulling my hair out, but I'd be a liar if I didn't say I'm starting to feel discouraged. Next week can't come fast enough for me!
  • I need to get back on my exercise routine. I had been doing so good and then I petered out. I'm going to exercise when I get home from work tonight and commit to working out like I was before.
  • two days of HIIT on the treadmill so far this week...two workdays...i sure had to schedule my day accordingly in order to fit it in too LOL...i had an hour gap between work and training this morning, then another 2 hour-ish gap between end of training and work again and i used that time to get my HIIT in for the day...and i definitely had to leave the trainign right when they said it'd be over, no hanging around asking more questions, no chitchat with the coworkers, just "gotta go!" and out the door because i refused to be late for my gym time lol

DH says i'm addicted lol

definitely feeling it in my upper legs tonight too
  • thistleberry- the fitness challenge goes thru the end of the year. we're off to a great start!

today I worked out for 4.75 hours and burned 3408 calories according to fitness pal.
    45 mins elliptical, 3.5 miles
    45 mins strength training
    45 mins cross trainer machine, 6 miles
    24 mins c25k (10 mins jogging, 14 walking) 1.75 miles
    5 mins stair machine, .25 mile
    12 mins rowing, 1 mile
    55 mins RIPPED class
    55 mins yoga 102
  • The wontons were a huge disappointment.

My workout wasn't though. I did conquer the bodyweight matrix like I wanted. I've been averaging about 2:10 seconds each time I do it but the first time I tried last night and I came in at 2:20. Clearly I needed to push myself for the second. At this point I was so tired and so ready to quit but I told myself all I had to do was get through the next 2 minutes and psyched myself up to do it. I managed 1:52! I was shaking like a leaf as I did my stetching after but I was so delighted I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me. I felt tired and fabulous.

Today I feel sore and slighty less fabulous (the scale, she is cruel). Tonight I plan to run. As seems to be my luck, there's rain in the forecast. If it's warm enough I'm going anyway.
  • I feel good because I took it a little easier today. Worked out for 3.75 hours. Letting my body recover from yesterday's punishing workout. Tuesdays are my hardest day of the week.

today:
    strength training 45 mins
    elliptical w/arms 60 mins
    cross trainer 60 mins
    yoga level 102 55 mins
    stair machine 5 mins
  • yay! thistleberry!!! awesome job!
  • another day of HIIT on the treadmill...weight is going down...saw 184.6 on the scale today, another low, hope it sticks around went to a friend's house for dinner and managed to NOT eat a ton of food lol...in fact my calories are very low still for the day...if i wasnt exhausted i might make something to eat before bed but i'm exhausted and i purposely dont keep munchies around here lol
  • had a HARD workout. burned 4070 calories. I'm tired but I feel good.
    60 mins elliptical
    50 mins RIPPED class
    45 mins cross trainer
    40 mins yoga level 101
    25 mins c25k (12 jogging, 13 walking)
    20 mins stationary bike
    12 mins rowing machine
    8 mins stair machine
    =4 hours and 20 mins

RIPPED is kicking my tail! Man, that class is hard.