9.6 pound gain since Friday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Really? Is this even freakin possible??!?!?!
  • It is if you ate a huge amount of salty food or did something strenuous like a long hike. It's not 100% FAT weight obviously.
  • It's most probably water weight, but I can't tell if I don't know what you've done last night or a couple days ago.

I agree with Krampus
  • Water, perhaps (as krampus said) exacerbated by salt in your food. Drink more water and don't beat yourself up
  • I walked in a 5K Saturday and I ate some Ramen Noodles last night! That must explain it all lol
  • I am not beating myself up salsa chip, I am not even really concerned about it. I figure I am retaining fluids because TOM is pending, but I didn't factor in that I had walked 4 miles Saturday and that I ate 830mg of sodium last night in my ramen noodles craving.
  • I went away to Las Vegas for 4 days and came back 9lbs heavier. I definitely indulged, but also did hours and hours of walking....now, a week later, I'm still up 1.7lbs, but it's way better than 9!
    I'm sure almost all of your 9.6 is water!
  • Yup... it happens. Especially if TOM is approaching!!

Myself, I'm up seven pounds today from last Thursday. Ate a TON of sodium-laden food this weekend and indulged in a bunch of CRAP while hanging out with out-of-town friends all weekend. Oh well. I will hopefully be back to where I was by next week.

As they say, I'll try my best to keep calm & carry on.
  • I am showing a gain of 6 lbs this week. sigh....I'm hoping my evening weigh in will be better!
  • Dis you weigh on the same scale ?
  • I always use the same scale at my job to weigh in.
  • Water and Salt!!! Those noodles get me every time...
  • Quote: Water and Salt!!! Those noodles get me every time...

Girlllll but they are so good with onion, butter and green peas!!
  • A lot of exercise sometimes makes me retain water. Drink lots of water and soon it will go back down.
  • Actually, the main culprit may be not the sodium it's self in the ramen noodles but the MSG. I swell up like a balloon if I eat something with MSG in it...9+lbs wouldn't be a surprise. Give it a few days, it should go back down, but you may want to kind of keep track of foods with MSG and weight fluctuations. It may help pinpoint what's causing so much water retention (unless of course, you did in fact eat 31,000+ calories over the weekend, which I'm sure you'd remember )

It's painful to see such a significant gain in one weekend, but you can be sure you did not gain 9+lbs of fat. Just keep moving forward.