Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 2/24-3/2

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USUALLY DRINK IN A TYPICAL DAY?
I'm like a camel, I hardly ever drink water!
2.86%
16 ounces or less (2 glasses)
11.43%
16-32 ounces (2-4 glasses)
14.29%
32-48 ounces (4-6 glasses)
20.00%
48-64ounces (6-8 glasses)
25.71%
64-80 ounces (8-10 glasses)
5.71%
80-96 ounces (10-12 glasses)
2.86%
96 ounces or MORE! I'm a walking water tank!!!!
11.43%
I haven't a clue!
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll
  • HiedeiHo All!

Hey! It's me. Back from the miseries. I have been here mouldering ever since my hospital stay and the conntinuing problem after I came home. I was really quite sick. I am off all pain medication as it rips up my stomach and esophagus, as a result I am one big ache! Not being able to do much and eating a lot of bread and cereals (easy to grab, no cooking, easy to digest) has not been a good thing. I put on a pair of formerly loose slacks the other day and they were a tad snug.

Being away from the board has not helped either. We get so much from each other. It helps my motivation, attitude and fortitude, not to mention my funny bone at times! So I am back and determined to be here daily!

I skimmed through this weeks posts answered a couple and lost them when I copied and pasted. Well not all of it, just my answers, opening HiedieHo and my sign off. Did not lose my belated MM. So here it is.

HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name _is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9! . Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Take care, Shirley
  • JACK-K- Actually, the sf jello doesn't trigger the cravings- but the sf pudding is a different story,lol. So is SF ice cream.

BOB- loved the pic.
  • Tuesday night
    Hello Everybody!!!

Well, I hope you all had a really good day. I had a great day! But the temps were so cold again today. Although the sun was out which really makes it seem a little better. It's the dingy, dark days that get to me.

BOB---That was a really great joke! I had no idea what was coming on that one. Thanks for always keeping me laughing. Be sure and tell Cathy I would have LOVED to see her, but totally understand. It's not the kind of weather where you want to go and do a lot of running around. I can't wait to see you guys when you are here!!! What fun!!! Maybe I can get Paul to come and you can pinch him yourself! Tee hee!!!! That can be his little surprise.

JACKK---Oh, I wish I was your next door neighbor. I LOVE pork roast. Yum! What did you fix to eat with it?

HEART----280 ounces???? Girl, if I drank that much water, I'd just camp out in the bathroom for the entire day with a lot of good reading material. Ha!!! I always have to tinkle and that's with only 64 oz. max!!! You must have a really strong and healthy bladder. Good luck with your detox! You'll probably have a really good weigh in tomorrow.

MELF---What do you mean that your house is on piers? Is it really sticking up from the ground? You can tell I've always lived where we have basements. Is your house up high enough that you can park under it? That's what we used to do in Myrtle Beach. I know one thing about that new baby entering into your family. It's really a lucky baby to have you for a grandmother.

SOL---I wish I shared your opinion on peanut butter. I eat it everyday for lunch. But for breakfast for the past two days I have had a hard boiled egg and 1 oz of mozzarella cheese. A friend told me that I should eat protein within an hour of finishing my workout. So that's why I switched from my puffed wheat and milk. The egg and cheese really fills me up. And lasts until lunch. I'm sure I would fall in love immediately with your Miss Vixen. She sounds like a sweetie pie. Does she require a lot of exercise? Is she a barker? I must admit that I know nothing about that breed.

FILLISE---Thanks for keeping us looking for that first hint of spring. The first person who spots a daffodil growing must get a prize!!! Sounds like you did great on the buffet. You really played it smart on that food. I think buffets are so difficult to deal with because there is so much to choose from. And that idea that going back for "seconds" is okay always gets me every time. Sorry that nasty old Sara Lee got to you. She's not very nice sometimes.

TRANQ---That sandwich sounded great last night! I would love to have a nice in season tomato right now. Ours are all imported from God knows where and they are mostly pastel and hard as rocks. You are doing so well with your eating. Keep it up. You are so right that packing lunches saves on the wallet. I really try to pack most days. I am so used to it now, plus it makes me in total control of what I'm eating. I can't stand being at somebody else's mercy when it comes to my lunches. I do have a meeting tomorrow night and dinner is included. So I hope that it's an okay meal. I'm getting initiated into a new club tomorrow night, so I'll probably be a little nervous and won't want to eat much. Wish me luck!

DEB---Thanks for the list about support groups. That is so true. And it's absolutely right as far as our group goes. I feel so lucky to have this group at my fingertips. Believe me, my friend, I would rather be shoveling manure or dirt right now than this snow and ice. It's weird how different our climates are. I feel like I'm completely on the other side of the world from you all with your warm temps.

LINWWORTH---You are absolutely right about there being drawbacks to the warmer weather for you. I'm sure you'd rather be closer to your familly. That's one thing for us. Paul's parents live here in town and mine are only a couple of hours away outside of Indy. You have quite a drive to get back home. Do you think you'll ever move back this way? Did you all move because of a job change? I have friends here who are thinking of moving to AZ. Now that's far, far away from here. Hey, I was looking at the Lands End catalog last week trying to pick a bathing suit that is the least offensive. They have them for specific body types. I was looking for one that could make me look like a size 8, but they didn't make that kind of promise.

SEF---Hey!!! So glad to see your "heide ho". And glad to know you are on the mend. So sorry to hear that you are in pain. I hope that gets out of your hair really soon. Like in the next minute. I liked your suggestions for staying young. I especially like the one about not having any grumps around. I'm all for that.

Well, that's it for me. Sorry I don't think I'll be at chat tonight. I have to get in bed early to get on the TM tomorrow morning. Good night all.

Kim
  • Evening All

Wasn't able to get on before now, Michael has a project overdue and of course, well, you know

Finally got a call from ELI'S nephew tonight, they are coming in to stay a week with us on Saturday night! Needless to say, the next few days, or what parts of them I'll be home, is going to be spent cleaning. Thank goodness I did some today, but I still have a long way to go.

MEESH, first, I sent an e-mail out to everyone and for some reason, yours came back to me. I took the addy off the bio board, maybe you can let me know if it's wrong, or if you had trouble with your e-mails. Anyhow, we've actually had boards dedicated to things like you asked in the past. I have no qualms at all to do a board like that again. I think it should be in the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD area, possibly the SB FAQ's BOARD. I do have a thread on there (FIB) for favorite foods. It's hard with menus, at least I think it is as I don't think it's hard to find foods on this WOE to eat, esp. with the recipe boards available. Can't think of much to suggest to you for meeting with the dietician. Maybe you can get some ideas from going to dietician.com I think sometimes, no matter our age, we still experience "peer pressure" and don't make the right choices the way we should. I think that one bite, no matter if you like it or not, just leads us farther astray-it's not only you, we could probably all say the same thing. Just remember, this is a learning experience and with you knowing this is a problem, you are learning something about yourself. It will all come together slowly, and in due time. Learn from these experiences and how you react to them and see if you can change something when these times arise, no matter how small the chance.

FILLISE, spring? Geez, I thought it was summer already with the heat we had here! Doesn't Mother Nature know it's still February? LOL! As you mentioned the SL cheesecakes I thought "what are they doing in her house" and then read on!!! You like the heat and humidity? Well, since I can't send you any right now, you sure can come down for a visit at any time and experience it yourself!!!!

SOL, I'm sure you overdid it yesterday, but it just had to feel somewhat good to get out there again. I'm sure VIXEN was wondering where the heck you'd gone. Hey, did you ever try the spices I brought up with me on the salmon yet? Tell VINCE I said hello!

MELF, house on piers? As for things with DD, is anyone really ready to be a parent? I mean, many of us read all we can to prepare, but we really never are prepared, at least not until we've already have one and the experience that comes with it. I'm sure your strength, love and support will get both of you through all that's ahead of you Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!

HEART, geez, that's a lot of water. I'd be down too with all the trips you'd have to make to the potty after drinking all that - you would probably qualify your potty runs as exercise for the exercise board! LOL! What detox are you doing???

Just got out of the chat room-no one from our board but me, others from the ST board where on though - where was everyone tonight??? Michael fell asleep, have a few minutes before I need to wake him up and continue on with his homework...

JACKK, I saw you were trying to get in the chat room-what happened? 26 degrees - keep it my dear, I'll take my heat over that!!! I think you're the only person I know that hasn't seen GW yet - you'll love it, def. get it!!!!

SEF, glad to see your post and I was happy to have the chance to speak with you the other day. I hope with each passing day you'll feel that much better. We've definitely missed you and your wonderful contributions to our Friday Funnies!

QUILTER, again, CIN was on the news with the weather - you guys are taking the spotlight from Miami!!!! Well, I don't shovel dirt, or manure, but when it comes to food....hope to see you on the exercise board tomorrow!!!!!

WOW! Caught up!!! Great!

A reminder, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! I wish you all good luck with the metal monster. Again, I'm not weighing in. Actually, it's been really nice not stepping on that scale 24 times a day. Problem is, my 3 YEAR SB ANNIVERSARY was the next day I was going to weigh in and that's smack in mid-cycle, day 14 and I know it's going to be bad news - any ideas???

ELI is off tomorrow-hope to get in a post before we leave for the day, if not, will be on at night if I can.

Have a great evening and a wonderful tomorrow!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
  • A quick post to say Hello and I am here - just have a sick kid who finally got some good antibiotics today....had a busy day at work, a busy night at home - and I am ready for bed! Have to pack my lunch for tomorrow is workout day at the gym....something to look forward to - YEAH!!!!! Hope everyone has a good night -

Sabrina
  • Here's my quick WIW report. I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I lost 3.5 pounds this week which puts me to a total of 9.5. It's day 35 of the new me, and I am in shock. I must say that I am having a FIERCE TOM that started early and is going extra long. Do you suppose this is part of the weight loss??? I have no idea. I am just hoping and praying that it sticks until next WIW. This may be all fluid that's dropping so quickly, but I'm taking it and embracing it and loving it just the same.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU TODAY!!! I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Catch you later,
    Kim
  • WIW and I still can't type my weight. Let's just say I'm very close to the 150's and when I get there you will hear me scream.

Deb-Loved the support group post. Have a good day with Eli.

Rosalie-thanks for the lasagne recipes. They look great and I will definitely try them.

BOB-I loved the cartoon about sunscreen.

Kim-Congrats on the loss-you must be walking on air today. Yes we moved because dh got a new job. Being a college professor, he has to go where the jobs are. I doubt we will ever move back that way (that hurts just to type it). 11 hours on the road is starting to not seem that bad --at least I can do it in one day.

My dr. called and said my thyroid test was low- .06. So she is lowering my Synthroid dose. I 'm not sure what that means but I just hope I don't gain weight.

Thanks to everyone for the support and recipes. I am going to the store and will try at least one new recipe this week. I HATED missing chat last night. Did anyone go?
  • WIW
    Well, I am glad to report a loss....I had gained 2 lbs....I lost 3 lbs...yeah!!!!! So actually down 1 lb from my last wiw that I reported

Kim - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Got to run to work - LATE!!!
    Sabrina
  • Happy WIW,

Hope the scale is great to everyone today. For me I guess I will say I stayed the same. (which is a miracle considering all my indescretions). The scale was bouncing back and forth between 160 & 161 so I'll stick with 161. I knew that glimpse I got of 159 wouldn't hold. Maybe next week.

I tried to get in chat last night, but for some reason couldn't get in. Was so looking forward to it too.

Fillise, I thought of you on the way home last nite. I passed a gas station and they had their cyprus mulch all stacked up. That is a sure sign spring is coming.

Bob, While you're in the pool with Kate, move those arms and legs. That will be good exercise.

Sef, I hate that you are having such a hard time. Hope you start feeling better soon. You are so right about this board, we truly need one another daily.

Quilter, The pork roast was delish. It was highly seasoned and we had sauerkraut, peas & onions and lima beans with it. Kroger's had them and there were 3 kinds. Italian, Teriayki (sp) and a plain one. I thought I bought the Teriaky but it didn't taste like it. Very good though. What kind of club are you joining? WTG on the 3.5 lbs. No I don't think it is due to TOM, it's due to all your hard and good work. 9.5 is awesome. You can do this. I know you can.

Deb, I don't know what happened with chat I kept hitting login and nothing would happen. I really don't think your nephew will notice if you house is clean or not. Theya re going to notice the warmer weather. I would weigh, no matter what the results are. You need to mark that anniversary. Just don't let it bother you. You know the causes and no need to worry about it. Take it with a grain of salt. Have a great day with Eli.

Tranquil, sorry your DS is sick again. You need to really disinfect that house, car, school, whatever is causing these relapses. Hope is his feeling better today. Congrats on the 1 lb loss. Any loss is a good loss. Keep up the exercising and I bet you see a bigger one next week.

Linworth, I am right there with you. I saw a glimpse of 159 but it didn't last. You will hear me scream too. Hang in there.

Deb, maybe we should total all the losses on WIW and report a total loss for the week. (like WW does - sometimes they lose a whole person).

I have a meeting this morning, be back this afternoon.

Have a great day and good luck on the scale.

Jackie
    257/161/145
    10-10-01
  • Female Warriors

Dear President Bush:

Take all American women who are within five years of menopause - train us
    for a few weeks, outfit us with automatic weapons, grenades, gas masks,
    moisturizer with SPF15, Prozac, hormones, chocolate & canned tuna - drop us
    (parachuted, preferably) across the landscape of Afghanistan & let us do
    what comes naturally.

Think about it._ Our anger quotient alone, even when doing standard stuff
    like grocery shopping & paying bills, is formidable enough to make even
    armed men in turbans tremble.

We've had our children, we would gladly suffer or die to protect them &their
    future. We'd like to_ get away from our husbands, if they haven't left
    already._ And for those of us who are single, the prospect of finding a good
    man with whom to share life is about as likely as being struck by lightning.
    We have nothing to lose.

We've survived the water diet, the protein diet, the carbohydrate diet & the
    grapefruit diet in gyms & saunas across America &never lost a pound._ We can
    easily survive months in the hostile_ terrain of Afghanistan with no food at
    all!

We've spent years tracking down our husbands or lovers in bars, hardware
    stores, or sporting_ events...finding bin Laden in some cave will be no
    problem._ Uniting all the warring tribes of Afghanistan in a new government?
    Oh, please ... we've planned the seating arrangements for in-laws & extended
    families at Thanksgiving dinners for years ... we understand tribal warfare.

Between us, we've divorced enough husbands to know every trick there is for

how they hide, launder, or cover up bank accounts & money sources._ We know
    how to find that money & we know how to seize it ... with or without the
    government's help!

Let us go and fight._ The Taliban hates women._ Imagine their terror as we
    crawl like ants with____ hot-flashes over their godforsaken terrain.

Sincerely,

The Mature Women of the United States
  • Good WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY MORNING!!!!\

Just got in from my 4.5 miles. A bit better time than yesterday, 55:20. I've now completed the challenge and got in the 3 days, but I vow not to stop there and continue on....

TRANQUIL, CONGRATS on this weeks loss! Great job getting rid of those pounds that you had found and thus losing them PLUS another one!!! Keep it up girlfriend!!! I hope the GREEN MONSTER gets better already, it must be getting old by now. What does the Dr. say, why is he so susceptible to getting sick so much lately. Maybe because you two keep passing it back and forth? Can't you just keep your germs to yourselves???

QUILTER, CONGRATS!!!!! What a wonderful loss this week for you, and all around. I knew you could do it. When our hearts and minds are in it, the commitment and determination is there as well and you are showing that when you do it, and do it right, it pays off. Do you realize that you've been back on track now for 5 weeks, and you've lost a miniscule under 2lbs a week average? That's absolutely wonderful!!!! What's PAUL saying about your success??? You have to be feeling awesome!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

LIN, you'll be at wherever you'll be comfortable soon, I'm sure. You need not post your weight if you don't want to, it's totally optional Iwas the only one from the board at chat last night, though there were others from the ST BOARD who came on, but it wasn't the same not having our board members there. Next week!

JACKK, missed you at chat but knew you were trying to get in, it kept saying you had left the room, but you weren't even there! It seems you weren't the only one with problems getting in though. Good job on staying the same, I'm sure next week will show a loss. I'm going to have to think about weighing in that day, depends on how I feel and how I'm doing I guess. Really like not having to be a slave to that scale and I really don't miss it. We use to do a total WIW loss, we had a board just dedicated to weigh-ins, but then, many people didn't venture to the board, so we just started doing it on the weekly board, but then that was hard too as some people didn't weigh in on Wednesday and it was hard to keep track of all the losses for the week without writing it down somewhere, but if you want to take on this job......

BOB, didn't you get this e-mail that I sent to us all with the same thing that you posted this morning? LOL!! When do you go to your TOPS meeting? Did you all have fog there today-terrible down here. Hot, humid AND fog!!!!!

Okay, time for me to hop in the shower and get ready to spend the day with the COFFE MAN!!!

Have a great day y'all!

Debbie
  • WIW
    A quickie before I run out the door to work- 3 lbs down from that dreadful high of last week- puts me at 136. Still 4 lbs over my all time low, but I'm back going the right direction!

Congratulations to the losers! Seems like a better week all around since last week

mel
  • WIW

Down one from last week.

I have not been on since last week...did you miss me?

Went to the retreat, and came home with hubby sick with same thing my daughter had. He stayed home Monday and Tuesday, and slept most of the time. He's back at work today. I had taken my daughter to the doctor on Friday. We had a bad experience with the physician's assistant. If that happens again, I will probably start looking for another doctor to see for those kinds of illnesses. I like the woman, but I don't trust her medical judgement, and do not like her 'bedside' manner. It doesn't look like my daughter has mono, but I am still keeping up with how she is doing. She is still complaining about being tired, so we will see.

I had company for dinner last night, and then a friend came to give me a demonstration of the new Rainbow vacuum cleaner. I have an old one...would love a new one...but can't afford it. They did give me a free gift of a nifty air freshner.

The retreat was a lot of fun, tho it rained most of the weekend. The drive up was harrowing. It was over hairpin mountain roads, and in heavy fog. I was glad to get there in one piece! One girl traveling up there ran off the road and landed in a deep ditch. Thankfully she was not hurt, but her car was pretty bad. Unfortunately, the food was awful. At several meals there was honestly nothing legal to eat! We had taken some stuff in case that happened, and tried to avoid as much illegal stuff as we could, but it was not entirely possible. I came back three pounds up, but it went away over Monday and Tuesday, thankfully!

I am having some computer problems, so I can't stay on too long. The fan for my CPU is acting like it is dying, and I need to get my son over to replace it. Once it starts sounding like a jet taking off, I have to turn the computer off! Right now, it is sounds like it is taxiing to the runway!

Later!
  • Good Morning

I'm up one pound from last week at 199.5 but glad it is still under the 200 mark.

Sef - Glad to see you back. I missed your chatty posts and all your FF's. Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure those pants will be loosening up again once you are able to climb back on that wagon. I hope you can get that pain under control again soon.

Deb - Don't overdo it with the cleaning. Just remember your visitors are coming to see you not to inspect the house. Enjoy their visit.

Tranquil - Sorry to hear that ds is sick again. Hope he is on the mend soon.

Quilter - Hooray, Hooray, you are doing fabulous, keep it up. 2 pounds a week is a good weight loss to maintain.

Jack-K - That pork roast sounds delish. What kind of seasoning did you use?

Monet - Yes you were missed. I am glad that you were able to get away for the retreat.

Congrats to all the losers and maintainers and to the rest of us just hang in there. Our turn will come.

Marie.
  • Hey guys... doin' well on the challenge so far..but I'm getting bit sick. Hope it goes away soon.

The GMAT is the test to get into business school. I did just ok on the multiple choice part but I kicked butt on the essay part! I just applied to CUNY (city university of New York) and I'm trying to get a Master of Science in Marketing and E-commerce. I'll let you guys know if I get accepted.

I couldn't go to the gym yesterday but I did lift weights and do squats in front of the TV. Better than nothing right?

Quilter - I really did it one step at a time. I took some GMAT books out from the library and started practicing. Then when I felt like I could actually do it, I made an appointment to take the exam. I gave myself like 2 and a half months. You could always give yourself more. I shook the entire time and I'm so glad it's over with. You should just try it. The scores last like 5 years.

Fillise - I'll let you know if I got in. Pretty nervous but my GPA was way above their average and I got really good recommendations. It's not a full MBA since I did my undergrad in International Business. Didn't want to take all those finance classes again. I'm excited to do the marketing though!

Solshine- I hate being limited as well. Because of my back and knee, I can only do pilates, recumbant bike and swimming. Kind of sucks because I like the other machines. Keep going though! I'll let you know how it goes!

Melf- thanks, i need all the support i can get. Went on their forum and realized I'm already way ahead of everyone else. Don't have time for them amateurs!

As for WIW...congrats to the losers and sorry to the winners..better luck next week

I think I'm losing...but it's probably just water weight. Why can't all scales be created equal? according to two out of three, i'm 149 pounds. That makes me happy. 9 pounds away from my goal. I've definitely lost since last week.