April Chat

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: I really think my new meds are helping a lot i feel so much better, maybe today is just a good day but i hoping its just me getting better.
    Oh, I hope so too, marie!! don't we deserve at least SOME times when we feel just plain good. And that is so sweet that you budget to buy food for the foxes and hedgehogs GLAD that you did not have to fight for your remaining pay. And from your avatar, I would have thought you were a young twenty-something!

Chubbykins, gosh dear, really sorry about how you felt on Easter. I can follow that dangerous path sometimes too...nothing can be wrong yet I focus on something, wonder how it 'might' turn out and then create a whole stupid scenario. I guess I have heard of the kind of thinking you're supposed to try to train yourself to follow, when you start to have negative thoughts? I am an idiot for not thinking of the term now

Aunty Jam, YAY to hear from you LOL at your taking the 'alone' time to scrub, but you were motivated and it got done! Yeah, maybe my DH was feeling left out of things at that meeting, it was our motorcyclist meeting and he's not very talkative; yet I had people all around me, because I AM a social person and like to visit with them. So it is kinda his fault if he feels left out..and yeah maybe he feels resentful of his injury and his possible non-motorcycling future. He's gotta open up to me , though, I'm not a mind reader!

momof4, OH i can remember just trying to be in the bathroom to pee, with the door closed, and a crying child hanging on the doorknob outside, calling Mommeeeeeee...I wanted to scream! And you have so many kids. It must be so hard. BUT big congrats on being TWELVE POUNDS DOWN!
    So very sad about your friend's husband, how tragic!! and for the other family's loss of their daughter.

ems hello and congrats to you too for your losses!

and hi Bonnie

And HI to hopeforme, I know you're out there!

Well I just bit the bullet and went online searching for a motorcycle ("motorbike" to our King's English folk ) and using Paypal, put a deposit on one south of Boston. Called a friend for a favor, and he is driving me in his pickup truck there to pick it up!!

and I have had TWO great days in a row. I didn't waste any extra time in bed; I have done yard work and even gotten up on the ladder to do some minor repairs. Then today, maybe this was not right, but i gathered up some of my late dad's jewelry (rings) and took them to a gold/jewelry buyer. These things were just sitting in a box for 9 years. I have plenty of other memorbilia related to my dad and I think (hope) this was OK for me to do. They were worth quite a bit of money I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It all goes towards our general fund but I like to think of some of it going towards my $227 speeding ticket
  • vermontmom your new motorcycle sounds exciting! My father collected silver coins for my brothers and I. We sold them a couple years ago. I know dad was glad that we got the money from them and used it as we saw fit. I am sure your dad feels the same way about the rings. It was hard to part with them but they were coins. My memories of him is what I treasure most. If this is too nosy let me know but my curiosity is gotten the best of me, how fast were you going when you got your ticket??

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • Bonnie , that is not nosy at all I was going 72 in a 50 zone...a long stretch of deserted country road. Yes I was speeding. I probably would have slowed down to 60-ish soon, but just bad luck that he got me at that second. Two points and the $$$ fine. I know my insurance will go up And yes I was on my way to visit my terminally ill mother.

i went to the Vermont State statutes and saw that by law, he could have issued me 5 points!! Maybe he did give me a little sympathy, about my mom. I've read all about trying to go to court to fight it but I'm just going to pay it. And now I am SUPER careful about not speeding. Lesson learned.

My friend, who had offered time and time again to help me in any way to get my bike, now says he's not sure his truck is road-trip worthy. Sigh.
  • update - YES friend is going to drive me down there he just wasn't sure about his 10 yr old truck but will bring tools andI have AAA with alot of free towing. So he's picking me up at 6 am Friday and we're headed down there!
  • Hey all Thank you for your support people, it means really a lot for me, moreso since I am a shy person and rarely speak out my feelings when "not on the internet".

@Marie Foxes??? For real? That is absolutely cool Aren't they dangerous? Hedgehogs we have a lot on my island, but I've only seen a fox in the mortuary and that wasn't... fascinating in the good way.
    I don't take any meds by the way because they make me suicidal, like... very much. I'm trying to get through this with talk therapy and excersize. The latter actually works miracles some days.

@Vermont I am so happy you're better The motorcycle sounds like JUST the thing to get your mind off of things. Do a road trip or something on those magical american roads I see in the vids and can't believe they are real. In greece roads are all curves, too thin lanes and hills. Not to mention the holes caused by the trucks.

@Mom congrats on your weight loss. It is really sad about the losses of your acquaintances. When a kid dies it feels so... worse. I know all death is sad, but a kid with all her life before her can't compare to a 90-something year old passing on. My grandma never forgave herself when she lost my aunt when she was 2. It wasn't her faunt since it was WW2 and all, but I know when she cries without no obvious reason she is thinking about that. Parents should never have to burry their children.

And greetings to the rest of you
  • your bike sounds good holly i hope you enjoy it :d

Marie im glad your new meds arehelping u. Are you gonna watch the royal wedding tomoz im sick of hearing about it lol x
  • It is funny I first heard of the royal wedding here on this site I don't have television so...
  • Quote: It is funny I first heard of the royal wedding here on this site I don't have television so...
    good for you!! (for no television)

ems, lol, I thought that any British person would be so interested...the Royal Wedding coverage has been included in our national news for weeks now! I guess alot of Americans are fascinated by it.

Lots of rain here, some flooding and some towns were closed yesterday due to washouts and high waters. But nothing compared to the poor people lost in Alabama overnight.

We have one more change of plans in getting the motorcycle...now it will be my DH driving, a truck he's borrowing from his boss. I just want this to be over with the bike safely in my driveway! very nervewracking to me to do a long distance purchase of this size.

Hi to everyone else!
  • I lost a pound by the way
  • Chubby - Good going on the pound I haven't lost anything in a while now Gotta get off my arse and control my eating! I love exercise for therapy too.. running makes me feel so much better. Foxes aren't really dangerous, usually they're scared of people.

Marie - My cousin lives in the country and used to feed a fox that would follow them everywhere and play with their cats.... it was an amazing, beautiful animal. Her ex husband ended up shooting it because he's a jerk, he didn't know it was sorta their pet. Her kids were very sad

Mom - That's a HUGE loss! Congratulations!

Vermont - Yeah... I'm kind of shaking my head over the scrubbing of the floors... it's not often I get the house to myself anymore, oh well, they look good. We also cleaned the back yard, my allergies went nuts after that! I had the same situation as you with a speeding ticket sort of... I was on my way to a friends funeral, he died very suddenly of a heart attack, and wasn't paying attention. Up here we have photo radar, where they just take your picture and send you a ticket in the mail... it's a total cash cow and ticks everyone off but there's not much we can do about it. They've also put cameras into a lot of our stop lights that take your picture if you speed, run a red light...etc. Total cash cow all of it... No points deducted though. Sometimes I wish I could read my husbands mind... most times I'm glad I can't. Hope the bike works out

I have good news... our home visit went very well and it looks like we're approved to adopt Snoop Our last hurdle will be if the two dogs get along... Chase can be kind of a dink sometimes, he's a bit of a social moron so it takes him some time to get to know other dogs. We'll be picking up Snoop Friday evening so I'll have more details then. I go through a huge range of emotions every day... from "What was I thinking?!?!?!" to "Yay! Doggie!". My brain just won't turn off and I think about it constantly... even obsessively I guess I just have to calm myself and be patient. I worry Chase has gotten used to being an only dog and likes it... but I've always believed they do better in pairs.. they are a pack animal... BEH!!! I've got to stop my brain! I'm driving myself crazy(ier hahahahah).

So HI! to everyone... Bonnie, Hope, ems and everyone my crazy whirling brain won't let me pick out names to.... Sorry.
  • I had sort of a sad day yesterday. My sister-in-law, who I am very close with, found out she cannot get unemployment because her company is too small and didn't pay into it.Her and my brother are very devastated. They are both at retirement age. Well have the royal wedding to look forward to here in about 31/2 hours if I can stay awake I know I shouldn't but it is exciting and a happy event.

vermontmom, hope you have a safe trip.
    auntyjam, I love your quote!

Everyone have a wonderful Friday!
  • Hey everyone!

@ aunty jam. I work with animals by the way. A very good way to avoid severe confrontations when bringing a new dog into the house is to bring a blanket of the new dog (something that has the new dogs smell heavily infused into it) and have you old dog lie on it or smell it. Dogs work a lot with scent. If he recognizes the scent as something that exists already in his home he will most probably not be aggressive. It helps if the new dog is younger also. If in any case they fight make sure you always push away the new dog and not the old one. It is his turf after all I hope this helps.
  • good morning been a while since I could even type that!

Aunty Jam, congrats on the home visit going well! Just turn off your brain's battling over the decision...you're going ahead with it, it will be fine Interesting coincidence, I just had a co-worker call yesterday, asking if they could use me as a reference, they're wanting to adopt a puppy; they have a nice family lab but she is getting up in years; and when the inevitable happens they want another comforting furry body there.

bonnie, I'm sorry about the sad economic news about your brother and sister-in-law, news like that is always a shock. Hope they can find ways to cope.

Hi Chubbykins and everyone else!!

well I got a funny shock in the mail (email) I saw a commercial that I thought was not good, it is a local commercial for Lasik, and I just thought the 'husband' in the commercial was a jerk to his 'wife'. And sent my comments in a quick email.

Boy was I surprised to get this huge, long manifesto from the company, the woman doctor; right out told me that I probably was a battered woman who was reading too much into it; telling me 'it's a commercial, it's not real!' and to 'lighten up!' with alot inbetween of how generous their company is, giving free Lasik to battered women and service members. I don't know whether to ignore it or write a sarcastic reply. Guess I have too much time on my hands, lol!
  • Hi Chicks from a very hungover marie

I feel of the wagon again last night, me and HD went to celebrate my new job as i am starting on tuesday he took me to Skylon a bar on the southbank that I have wanted to go to for a while now but its been to expensive. Anyway we went I drank some of the yummyist cocktails ever, the only down side was that I had to pay the bill and i feel yuck this morning. it was worth it though.

I am nearly off the sleepers I am down to 5mg a night which is really good as I was on over 30mg at one point and using them recreationally iv had no withdrawal so im hoping to be fully of them by the end of May not doing so well on packing up the smokes though still on 20 a day

These new meds are good I am feeling alot better now I still have down days but my bipolar is well under control at the moment which is a huge relief.

Ems - the royal wedding I missed it as i was sleeping of the cocktails, but i did watch the highlights, im not overly in to the royals it was just nice to see a princess.

Vermont - safe trip getting the bike you must be so excited. And thanks for saying i look young much appreciated. Let us know when your back safe please for the road trip

Aunty Jam - well done! iv still got my fingers crossed for you

Bonnie - Thats so sad about your sister-in-law, can they get state wellfair or benefits of any type?

mom - Hope your ok not herd from you for a while honey

Chubbykins - well done with the loss, im still to scared to get on the scales after the easter pig out, but I did ok this week and next week should be a good one so maybe next friday i will weigh in.

Anyway chicks I am off to drink tea and recover from last night the kids will be home soon full of beans after a day on the beach with the in-laws.

Take care everyone xxx
  • I'm wracked by nervousness about tomorrow, and that was my crappy excuse for digging into DH;s stash of chocolate, had about 9 chocolate kisses, and two small bowls of granola-type cereal...why if my stomach is nervous I am eating junk??

A quick (just happened to see it on the home page) Happy Birthday to iriswhispers!