old at 25?!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • my daughter will be 10 in april, she asked me 'mum what year were you born in?' i said '1985', she said 'woah...' lol nice eh!
  • lol..i turn 25 in two days..im not looking forward..but its not old..i feel old though...
  • I'm 26 and I remember when my mom was 26 and I was 10. I knew that she was young to have a daughter my age (I was proud to still have a young, fun mom!) but still, the sixties seemed like a looooong time ago.

What does make me feel old is all my classmates at college having their 21st birthday parties while I'm trying to wrap my head around turning thirty pretty soon.
  • I was born in 1985 and I just turned 26. When I turned 25 it didn't really hit me, but now that I'm 26 I think wow! I'm almost 30! Not to mention I have five kids that think I'm older than dirt lol!
  • Well I'm turning 25 in April and I totally understand where you're coming from!
    My Oldest Daughter just turned 7 years old last week and I cannot believe I am getting to be 30 . I do have one thing to be happy about and thats when i'm in my forties my kids will be grown and I can enjoy them and the family that they make when they get older. So be happy that when you turn about 48 you can enjoy being an adult with your kids .
  • I was teaching a sunday school class, once this little boy asked me what it was like living in the olden days when they didn't have electricity or cars....ok, I was like 30 at the time. I started spinning this tale about living in caves and going out to kill dinasours with my spear. He promptly told me that couldn't be true because they'd been studying dinasours and I couldn't be that old.
    "Well, how old do you think I am?" "Oh, your really old probably 25." Thanks kid, I really needed that. Now that kid has graduated from college...that makes me feel old.
  • im hitting 30 in july and my kids think i am old
  • cant wait for grandkids, i can tell them all about walkmans and sega megadrives lol
  • You guys are all just little kids... I REMEMBER 1985. So there :P
  • When I was 10 I thought 17 was old. A year felt like a lifetime back then. It's all just perspective. =)

I'm 21 now, and I think of 40 as still young!
  • I'm 26 next week and all of my similarly aged friends are freaking out about getting old, I don't get it, I still feel well young! And, I plan to get thin and fit while I'm still young too!

Hope my view on age long continues!
  • takingcontrol i still feel young but have noticed myself tutting at teenagers wearing their jeans round their ankles lol
    oh and good luck with the BL challenge!
  • 25 isn't old....I'm 25 and I can't even imagine having kids at this point in my life. I'm the age my mom was when she had me. Some of my friends have kids now but I'm not ready to grow up. Maybe in another 5 years. Maybe.
  • I do feel kind of old sometimes. Then again, sometimes I feel younger than I did in my teens and early 20s (mostly because I think I'm finally starting to get a grip on life).

Still, seeing the teenagers walking around in whatever passes for teenage chic these days, my former classmates and their children, and even the students in my grad program who have come straight from undergrad do make me feel a bit aged some days.
  • You were born the year before I graduated high school. If I were you, I wouldn't feel too old.

I'm 41 and I still feel pretty much like I did when I was 25. If anything, I feel better than I did then, because now I'm married to the right man, doing the right job, and living in my own house instead of a crappy little half-double shotgun apartment. AND I no longer smoke, so I save more money.

Being 25 was great. Being 41 is also great, I am happy to report.