Vixen Valentine's Day challenge

You're on Page 3 of 20
Go to
  • I'm so in on this one! My goal is to be at 139...that means I will only have 4lbs left until goal which I am aiming to be at by the last week in March! Woot!
  • Jennie- A trip to Hawaii is a darn good reason to join us in this challenge.

LindsB- How fun to think you will be so close to goal when this is over. I will still have a good 15 lbs to go but I love it when people are so close to goal. I get to live through their excitement for a microminute.
  • I'm totally in! I haven't weighed myself VERY recently but I think I'm around 153! I'd like to be under 140 by V-day. That's around 14 pounds. 77 days... or 11 weeks... a little over a pound a week! I can do it!!!
  • weighed in at 147.4 this morning! headed in the right direction this is the best idea; my anniversary is also in Feb! would love to look and feel smokin!

kaynicole, love that ab burn! i’ve heard good stuff about 30ds, keep us posted. what a great idea to leave it as a surprise. however, my honey is very handsy (haha), and therefore very aware of my progress. i don’t think i could keep it a secret. BUT, it will be fun to maybe celebrate being a valentine vixen with a sexy dress or negligee!
  • Welcome bigwish!

shasha- My husband isn't handsy anymore at all since we literally only get to see each other for a 30 minute lunch every day. So I have a good chance of hiding it. In fact if I keep wearing my current clothes/ baggie clothes he really wont notice a difference.
  • While I won't be checking in every week until AFTER Christmas, I gotta stay focused on one challenge at a time haha...for now I'm going to say my tentative goal!

CW: 183
    GW by Feb 14th (Vday!): 161

That would be 2lbs a week loss giving me 22pounds off my frame. It is totally doable and I'm sure somedays I'll lose 1 pound and some weeks I'll lose 3, so I think it is workable!

Good luck to all you pretty ladies!
  • Welcome Kriz!
  • Why thank you Kay =)
  • I want to join as well
    I m currently 166lb and hoping to be 145 or at the very most, 150lb. I think 2-2.5lb loss per week should be doable ><..hopefully!
  • Welcome Ivonnely. Love the avatar, great picture.
  • Kay- IT will be awesome to be so close to goal, but it is getting there that is a huge battle. I have gotten down to the weight I am at a few times in the last couple of years, but never lower for the past 3 years so I have a feeling it might be a big battle! I'm so glad I'll have you girls to help keep me going!
  • I was planning on keeping it a secret from my hubby but mine IS observant and he also gets competitive about getting in shape. I figured it'd be better to tell him I'm doing this and that it's to look good for him (and for me of course). He wants to start getting into shape anyway so I'm hoping he'll help keep me motivated. He wants to start P90X together in January. Y I K E S!

I'm curious, what do you all do when you have a crazy craving for something that would put you totally OVER calories for the day/week/month (lol)?? I used to be a compulsive overeater and I fear I could slip back into it at any time... I need tools to help me overcome the urge to eat something just because it's there and it's yummy.
  • hotmama- I used to tell myself if I had a craving I had to drink a full glass of water. That would help me remember that I only wanted to put things in the body that were good for me. If that didn't work I might cave for a tiny piece. For example if I have dark chocolate I will break off a 1x1 cm piece and that is all I get. I keep things like carrots, sugar free popsicles and apples around for my munchy or sweets cravings. Then I do something to distract me from the fact that I didn't get what I wanted. Keeping my mind busy is important for me. I eat out of boredom.
  • Well i'd love to join! I never get to a mini goal...i started the xmas thread and don't think i'll even make it But I want to try anyways.

sw:204
    CW:204
    GW:192
  • Quote: Well i'd love to join! I never get to a mini goal...i started the xmas thread and don't think i'll even make it But I want to try anyways.

sw:204
    CW:204
    GW:192
    Look at your quote! Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can't, give yourself reasons why you CAN! That is a totally attainable goal! You CAN AND WILL do it. Half of the battle is believing in yourself!