Anyone trying to get out of the 120s?

You're on Page 20 of 34
Go to
  • Sorry you guys have both had rough days. I'll add to the frustration. Ate a LOT of Hershey's chocolate syrup this afternoon. Would have eaten so well today had it not been for that. Ended up at 1600, 400 above my daily allotment. Not likely seeing 127 tomorrow or the next day. Boooooooo.
  • Quote: Sorry you guys have both had rough days. I'll add to the frustration. Ate a LOT of Hershey's chocolate syrup this afternoon. Would have eaten so well today had it not been for that. Ended up at 1600, 400 above my daily allotment. Not likely seeing 127 tomorrow or the next day. Boooooooo.
    1600 still creates a deficit! Don't be too hard on yourself!
  • One day of going over budget is really not enough to screw up your whole week. I've lost weight the day after having chocolate and cheesecake before and gained the day after being good and working out hard for an hour. It's really all about your weekly average, I'm convinced.
  • Quote: One day of going over budget is really not enough to screw up your whole week. I've lost weight the day after having chocolate and cheesecake before and gained the day after being good and working out hard for an hour. It's really all about your weekly average, I'm convinced.
    Amy (thesame7lbs) was convinced of that too! Im beginning to believe it as well. But its hard to see that when you weigh every day because of all the fluctuations!
  • Quote: Amy (thesame7lbs) was convinced of that too! Im beginning to believe it as well. But its hard to see that when you weigh every day because of all the fluctuations!
    Well, even with fluctuations, you looked SLAMMIN' in that bikini photo, girl!
  • Quote: Well, even with fluctuations, you looked SLAMMIN' in that bikini photo, girl!
    Awwwwwwwwww that means SO much!! Thank you!!!!!
  • Honestly guys, I don't know what to think. 129.6. Given that I hadn't weighed in awhile, and that I've been really good this past week, I'm going to have to assume that all of my previous posts have been fraudulent and that I was NOT in the 120s, or what I've been doing the past week has made me gain somehow. At least now I know where I'm at. To be honest, though, I'm not sure what will happen next. I've decided to do more weight training since I had slacked, and in a couple of months I will be testing for a job and that will be important. On Monday I did a lot of weights and since I build muscle easily, I have no idea what the scale will say the next time I weigh. I don't weigh too often because I'm too scared of what the scale will say. I think I'll weigh again in two weeks and see what happens. I'm feeling pretty crappy about myself right now, which I'm hoping will change after a long run.
  • Hanging on by a thread. I ate about 1900 yesterday and somehow weighed less this morning than yesterday. 129.8 today.

I am constipated, my Achilles is in awful shape, and I've just learned I can't use paid sick leave to go to the doctor so I have to count on the clinic being open after work. They are also screening a movie at work but it's "Remember the Titans" and it's dubbed into Japanese which makes it unwatchable.

Just having a really bad morning; I caved and got the special eel lunch despite having packed my own, and in a moment of loathing everything ate my packed lunch after breakfast at 9:30 to "make room in the Tupperware" for eel bento leftovers. If I am very careful I can still do OK calories-wise for the day.
  • I think you guys are right. I hope 1600 was accurate- I was trying to chill out a little at dinner (we went out, ate family style with some friends) and didn't measure things too much. But I had a ton of water and never felt full so I don't think overdid it.

It's weird, all my life I've always underestimated how much I was eating and how much I should be eating. Now that I'm dieting I wonder if I'm overestimating to ensure I don't underestimate, if that makes sense, and therefore freaking out when it's not necessary. I don't know.

I'll buy into the week-is-better-than-day-to-day argument. Though I weighed at 129.6, a full POUND more than I was yesterday, which is hard to stomach. I'll try to chill out and just see things for the bigger picture though and see where the weight goes over the next few days.

Also, Dianne, you mentioned that 1600 is still enough to create a deficit. I've read several sites that calculate my BMR as about 1300-1400. I didn't do any exercise yesterday, and the only movement was about 1 hour walking around a fabric exhibit. Does that BMR seem accurate to you all? It would mean I definitely ate over yesterday and also suggests my maintenance calories are going to be pretty darn low.... which is a bit disconcerting to me.

krampus I have definitely been with you on the constipation and it sucks. I'm really sorry. Nothing worked for me too- I ate bran by the spoonful. You just have to let the body run its course unfortunately. Will keep my fingers crossed for you on the daily intake and the heel....

pinkrunner As Dianne and Kat were reminding us, daily fluctuations are normal. It could be you weighed yourself on a day when you happened to be up a bit and that had you weighed yourself 24 hours before or after you would have been a full pound or more below that. That's why I weigh myself every day- even though it does make me freak out over gains, it in the long run gives me a clear idea of my trajectory. Not to say my way is better (I mean I'm freaking out right now over just one meal I ate last night!), but just a reminder of what Dianne and Kat reminded me on fluctuations
  • I had weighed in at 116 yesterday and knew it was a fluke...today back up to 117.5. I have been taking medication so it's been causing a lot of tummy upset and I am not going to be too hard on myself.

Seems like it's that kind of week for us all!
  • yeah idk about everyone else but the weather around here has been rainy and dark for awhile now. :/ but i weighed myself this morning since i wanted to wait a bit after fat tuesday and i am still 125. and whats really cool is before i ate on fat tuesday, i think because i literally had zero food in my body, i was 123 :P just cool to see that number is possible haha.

and i decided, to motivate myself, that when i reach my goal of 115 or maybe even 110 (i'll see) i am going to dye my hair red. i want to do it so bad! so i think that will really help me. i never was able to set a reward for myself like this before, but now i even have the exact shade picked out that i want. so excited
  • Massive, massive, massive failure binge last night has put me squarely out of posting range for this thread. Went up something like 5.5 lbs overnight. The scariest part is that I woke up hungry!

I hope I'll be back soon.
  • Sounds like this week has still been challenging for everyone.

Yesterday I made a decision to turn things around though. Really healthy food choices that were well under my calorie limit (truly didn't feel hungry at the end of the day, also used the opportunity to compensate for an over-limit day the day prior). Workout comprised of a long moderate stationary bike ride and a short intensive run.

NSV of the week: Ran the mile in 7:30, something I haven't done since high school I don't think! This is after months of not running due to doctor's orders. (I still wasn't supposed to run yesterday but I did anyway, oops).

I post all this just because I know when I've had a rough day or week it motivates me to see others who've had good ones. You all are doing FABULOUS and I KNOW you can do this!!!

interventionn I have a haircut waiting for me at 127 too- and like you I am DYING to get it cut!!!
    krampus at least we know you lose weight pretty quickly, so in just a few days I'm sure you'll be back to normal right? (I know the underlying binge tendencies will require more work than that, but at least the immediate goal of getting back to your 120s weight). In the meantime don't leave us here!
  • I'm miserable today... gained FOUR pounds from three days of moderate overeating (~2000). I can't believe I've erased 1.5 months of progress just like that. It should be just bloat, but how long does that take to come off?!
  • Ok, I am a serious believer in weight that comes on really quickly (vacation, eating out, higher salt intake, rapid increase in caloric intake, even to maintaining levels) also comes off really quickly. Part of it is bloat part is the pure weight of the food, which is totally different from 4 lbs of fat that's been on your body for months/years and takes forever to melt off.

I really doubt it will take that long to come off. Just get back on-plan when you can and I'm sure it will slide away quickly. Maybe a week?