Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

just bought the ipad 2 online. ship date is april 1 to april 8. they must be selling like crazy cause it is 5-7 day free shipping.

weather is disgusting here and i remain at 117.5. it's friday during lent so i can't eat meat which poses a challenge since usually on fridays during lent we eat pizza. i live in NY so pizza is practically its own food group. looks like i will be consuming tuna for lunch and shrimp for dinner.

Daisy - congrats on finishing the thesis! Don't stress about the weight gain. I was down to 116 and ate about 2 grains of salt and shot right back up to 117.5.

On the bright side, we set the clocks ahead this weekend. Lose an hour sleep but we gain an hour of daylight.

Also, has anyone heard from [B]krampus[B] Isn't she in Japan??? She will be in my thoughts and prayers today...

Last edited by Lisa1971; 03-11-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #302  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

I agree with the idea of the losing that "weight" rather quickly after a quick gain through binging. Like, two weekends ago? I ate a whole mess of food, and I also got hammered drunk () two days in a row. I was up over 130! by the following wednesday i was back to 125 . definite water weight. but the scare of that number going up was enough to teach me not to do it again, for if i hadn't gotten back on track on that Monday, it would have turned into a permanent number. So basically, do not get discouraged and jump off the bandwagon!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

TOM is gone for the month (1 day out). I'm mostly feeling better except for this lingering cough, and I'm still up! D*mnit! 124.6 was my weigh in this morning. On a good/bad note, all the junk food is out of my house. I finished eating it all this morning........... I am going to try so hard to not eat the next lot of junk that comes into my house with no control. This has been insane crazy as I have never really been a binge eater with pure junk food, like chocolate, in fact I've never really liked chocolate.... until now it seems. Grr........ For all of us that have fallen off our plans or what not, we need to take a deep breath, realize it's in the past now (even if it was just this morning like me) and pick up where we left off. WE WILL DO THIS! On a great note, at least I've consumed more water than normal
Old 03-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #304  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks for the encouragement, girls
I had vaguely unsettled/disordered thoughts like "I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO EAT NORMALLY AGAIN!!!" until I realized with a jolt that the weight gain was probably not from the pie or the chips or even the brownies I ate while writing... it was from the 3 bowls of salsa. OH RIGHT THAT. Salsa = SO much sodium it explains my universal bloating with ease.

I feel a lot better now (though not thinner). Got a haircut just now, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I'm determined to really enjoy spring break -- the sun and sand and time to read, run, recover from stress -- and to make sure I do it fairly close to sober as well as 100% on-plan, ideally with as much running as my ankle can handle. TOM will be hitting soon, but I figure... I can't bloat even more, can I?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I'm right there with you. I consumed less than 300 calories during the day yesterday (cooking/prepping all day for a party we were hosting) and then at tonzzzzz of mexican food for dinner.

Standing in solidarity with you on gains, because I'm back up at 129.2 after yesterday, even though I estimate my calorie intake to be around 1300 and I was standing on my feet for 6 hours straight, 5 of which was cooking prep, which allegedly burns a good 300 calories. Who knows. Anyway, going to do a long workout today and drink a lot of water.... detox a bit. Hopefully you and I will both be moving steadily back towards 120 v soon!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #306  

I'm trying to get into the 120s. With exercise and a 1200 calorie diet I can't seem to break into them. Anyone in this thread in the 120s and in my height range that has experience as to how many calories I should be eating a day to get into the 120s?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #307  

I think several of us are at 1200, one is at about 1600 (is that right, krampus?), and one is at 1300. Not sure about the rest of the folks.

I was stuck at 130.8 for a while and put a thread up recently about how I broke my plateau. You can search for it- maybe one of those tips would help? It's nothing groundbreaking, just reminders about eating only whole foods, upping the protein, and getting extremely vigilant about measuring and counting everything.

Good luck!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #308  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

I got out of the 130's by a lowered carb diet and twice a week fasting.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

I am usually at or slightly below 1200 calories and I watch my carbs, too. I sometimes go below 1200 because I am short and don't require as many calories as taller people. I am also 40 and on hormone replacement therapy, so my situation is different. Some days I have a cheat meal and go higher in calories (usually no more than 1500) and it seems to kick my metabolism into gear. Most of us here find tracking our calories and paying close attention to portion sizes helps. I know that I weigh my food whenever possible and I count everything that I eat or drink.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #310  

Ok... so I ate under yesterday (somewhere between 700-800 deducting for exercise... about 1000 total) and had a good 45-minute workout. The last weeks has been pretty on plan. I never went over 1200-1300 except for one 1600 day. I kind of expected to see a drop this morning when I weighed, but I was actually up. 128.8 on Saturday morning (where I have been for a few days), 130.2 right before going to bed, and 129.6 on Sunday morning. I almost always drop at least 1 lb from when I go to bed to when I wake up, so what gives? Sodium was pretty low on Saturday and I consumed mostly fruits or vegetables.

I've been able to get into the 'it isn't about day to day fluctuations' mentality, and have been totally at peace with the fact that the last week I pretty much just stayed at 128.8 or the low 129s. However it's about time for a drop now, methinks. Patience is starting to run thin a little bit!

Here's hoping I'll see *any* drop tomorrow morning... even the low 128s would make me happy
Old 03-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #311  

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll definitely try to just stay more vigilant about counting calories, and maybe try not to eat too late at night when my metabolism starts to slow down (for some reason i just always need some sort of after-dinner snack)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #312  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh, Born This Way, am I ever the Queen of after dinner snacks. It doesn't matter if I've just eaten the meal to end all meals, I want that snack. You're so close to the 120s, I'm sure you'll make it soon!

On another note, regardless of the fact that we only know her online, has anyone heard anything from Krampus? Like Lisa said, she's in Japan, and I'm not sure if her area is hard hit. I hope not! Anytime I see a huge disaster like that it really puts my vanity pound issues in perspective.

Last edited by pinkrunner115; 03-13-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #313  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm here! My area is completely unaffected by the recent events since I'm down southwest by Korea.

I'm definitely not in the 120s anymore though. It might take me a while to get back, but after eating nothing but junk food for something like three days straight, I am craving wholesome, healthy, nutritious things.

I don't know if I should be worrying about the numbers right now - just correcting the behavior and the weight should come off or at least neutralize.

The most frustrating part is that I keep injuring myself doing normal daily activities. My Achilles tendon is all crunchy and has been for a while, Saturday morning I twisted my ankle, and this morning on my walk to work I was almost late because for the first time in my whole life I had SHIN SPLINTS simply from walking at a not-breakneck pace. It feels like everything is falling apart.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I don't know if I should be worrying about the numbers right now - just correcting the behavior and the weight should come off or at least neutralize.
This attitude seems extremely healthy to me. We always focus specifically on the numbers, when sometimes there are larger, more overarching issues at play. Kudos to you for remembering this.

--
So there's an interesting thread on the Weight Loss Support forum about intermediate fasting, which is just a fancy way of limiting the window of time during the day when one can eat. I'm intrigued by this concept, because it a) runs counter to what everyone has been telling us about eating 5-6 smaller meals a day and b) it may be a really great way to curb my grazing habits. As one poster said, if you have a fewer number of times you're allowed to eat, and fewer hours during which you're allowed to eat, you think about food less and have fewer opportunities to eat when you're not hungry. This is me TO A T... I think about food ALL THE TIME and would rather graze all day than eat two huge meals. Especially because I've always heard "full = bad" "hunger staved off = good" and "stop eating before you start to feel full," the idea of sitting down to a generous meal and feeling fully satisfied afterwards is very appealing.

So today is the first day I'm trying IF. It's now 11:15 AM and I have worked out for an hour and haven't consumed one calorie. So far so good. I'll try to hold out until at least noon before enjoying my first meal. We'll see how this goes.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm exhausted from this weekend. I haven't weighed in yet this morning, but I hope I do see a budge in the right direction. It will be nice for a change.

Born this Way I usually eat a minimum of 1500 calories a day. I''m taller than you though, so I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference or not. I starve on anything less than this most days. I try to never let myself go about 2000 though. It's been more recent for me to eat so much though. It seemed like when I was in the 130's I was eating way less (1200) and wasn't starving, but I do now. Anyone know why that may be????
Closed Thread