Holy Cow Plank Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2462

Here's a photo.
    No kidding??? Well, back to the drawing board I go!! Better work on that form...

Thanks for the picture.
  • Quick post - I corrected my form on the dolphin & made it through three reps last night after my run. I did FULL pushups on the first 2, but had to drop to a girlie pushup for the 3rd. Form was good, my shoulders & upper arms are screamin' today!!

I cannot WAIT until I am strong enough to make it through 6 .

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Cheryl
  • Woohoo Cheryl!

I didn't get my pyramid set in yesterday because my shoulder was really acting up, so I plan to do it today.
  • Count me in! I haven't tried this yet, but just copied down the sequence and am going to try it out. I'll let you know how many I can do.
  • Quote: I didn't get my pyramid set in yesterday because my shoulder was really acting up, so I plan to do it today.
    My shoulder's been hurting also, and I think it's from planks !!! Boo
  • I made it through 1 and a half reps yesterday. I'm going to try to get through two today. If not I will press my way but I'm going to keep trying until I get to six.
  • Nicely done, everyone!

I'm back down to 2 reps (full pushups, paying attention to form) this morning after my intervall run. I've had to take several days off from formal exercise because of back problems, and the planks were tough on me this AM. I could have pushed through as far as arms & stomach were concerned, but I was worried about exacerbating my back issues.

So, a little backwards progess for me...next session I'll complete 3 with full form (no girlie pushus). That's a promise!
  • Quote: Woohoo Cheryl!

I didn't get my pyramid set in yesterday because my shoulder was really acting up, so I plan to do it today.
    Didja do it?? How did it go?
  • I did it! Got in a full pyramid (6-5-4-3-2-1). Didn't do it all at once, though, because I was mid-chores and errands. I did my housecleaning with "fitness breaks" built in. For example, while folding laundry, I used walking lunges to go from room to room and put things away, then did a set of Holy Cow Planks in between trips. I did squats while emptying the dishwasher and calf presses while dusting. It was a nice way to fit in what I needed to get done alongside all of the other things I had to get done.
  • Quote: I did it! Got in a full pyramid (6-5-4-3-2-1). Didn't do it all at once, though, because I was mid-chores and errands. I did my housecleaning with "fitness breaks" built in. For example, while folding laundry, I used walking lunges to go from room to room and put things away, then did a set of Holy Cow Planks in between trips. I did squats while emptying the dishwasher and calf presses while dusting. It was a nice way to fit in what I needed to get done alongside all of the other things I had to get done.
    BRAVO!!!!!

Very impressive!! Way to go - you continue to inspire us plank-bound newbies .
  • I'm still at 1 and a half. This is hope though.
  • 1 and a half is better than none!

Have another declining pyramid set planned today.
  • Three full reps (no girlie pushups) after my run this morning. My back is definitely feelin' it, but I have basically 3 months to add in 3 more & make this goal.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

• You can do it!

I'm going to try to push for 7 tomorrow. We'll see!
  • Gonna try starting tomorrow! I don't know if I can do ANY of the entire set of moves though I've been doing some plain 'ole planks recently. I wanted to start Monday but was having some really weird elbow pain/sensitivity and didn't feel like planks would help. Better now, so as of tomorrow morning, or maybe even this afternoon, I'll see where I stand....