POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: One Positive thing about today is Part Ten

You're on Page 5 of 32
Go to
  • Not the weigh-in I was hoping for.....
    Hello Ladies....

Well, the weigh-in didnt go as well as I was hoping it would have gone I weighed 280 when I started and 2.5 weeks later I am only down to 276.6 why is that I dont understand I was hoping for like at least 6 or 7 lbs cause I have been working really hard and it is not TOM time so I cant blame it on that but this is the point now where I feel like crying but I have to look at the positive of this that at least I lost something but it is gonna give me motivation to try harder these next 2 weeks for my weigh-in on the 14th of August but I also have to take into consideration that I started back to lifting weights this week not every day but every other day so that could possibly be why it wasnt more because they do say that muscle weighs more and when I look in the mirror I see that my stomach has shrunk and the sides of my stomach have shrunk so I will give it my all again for the next 2 weeks and hopefully next weigh-in will be better actually just typing this out is making me feel better cause the POSITIVE of this is that I did lose around 4 lbs which is 2 lbs a week and they say you shouldnt lose more than that anyway so I am feeling better knowing that at least I lost some sorry to ramble on but I needed to express my feelings and it always helps when I do and another POSITIVE is today we are going to the community center to work out in the fitness center and then going swimming so that is how I plan on celebrating my 4 lb loss...

THATS RIGHT...I WILL CELEBRATE MY 4 LB LOSS SO HERE I GO...

4 LBS GONE

thanks for listening to my rant ladies
    Keep Rockin'
    Heather

edit: I also just remembered that the first week that I started I was on TOM so maybe that is why I didnt lose as much either and I did sneek a peek at the scale on Friday July 16th and I was up to 282.6 but I didnt change my ticker cause I knew I was retaining water due to expecting TOM any minute
  • As Madea would say, "Good Mornting",
    I just love Madea!!! LOL

Woody,
    thank you for pluggin my 24/7 Open Air Kitchen. You crack me up, you silly goose!!! Could not do anything but laugh and smile, just the right recipe for the right dish to start off my going to be fantastic day!!!! Smooches!!! Oh Woody, definetly be expecting cards from me sweetie, I do not care how much they would cost, you are definely on my list!!!!! Double smooches!!!!!

Oh my Maria,
    Thank you for the compliement, it means I am doing something right that others see the God in me!!!! WOW, that is one of my positives for this beautiful glorious day. And I shall PM you a little later. Congrats on consuming more water, I got in about 72 oz, have not been able to reach Ona and Dgram yet, but the 100 oz is on the horizon. Wait for it.........
    Now I want to say thank you for the card exchange, I am so excitied about it.
    Great thing you are doing, you and your Mom will be fine, great positive sweetie!!!!

Learn,
    Your brother is listening to you and is willing to help, I think I see some sibling bonding there, maybe he is understanding the situation better and now is ready to step up to the plate and help his sis and Mom out. What a giant step in the right direction. Peace of mind is a true blessing from God, get ready cause Peace is on the way!!! Another positive, always having enough, and thank God you did, even though hubster's car is down, there was a Ram in the bush, (your car), so he still gets around. Stomp on the devil's head one more time!!!!! You are blessed going in and coming out!!! Good exercise as always baby. Smooches

Ona,
    Walk it girl, you are marching to Zion a little at a time, you are on the right path baby. Plus you getting all that extra water and it is doing it's thing, thrilled you are happy, and I am going to follow your lead, oh wise one!!!!

Heather,
    Baby girl, let me start out by saying I love you. Sweetie, remember to gaze at that glass has half full not half empty, you have to look past and see what you did accomplish and you did accomplish a lot. Four pounds is a fantastic release darling. None of us put this weight on over night and I promise you, we will not take it off that way. Look at it like this, I have made a start, step by step and day by day I will continue to work hard at this new way of life and slowly but surely, I will achieve my goals. This is not a race it is a life change and I am off to a very good start. Now baby, just keep doing what you are doing, especially since what you are doing is right and the scale will in time reflect all of your great efforts and you will get the big pay off you want and deserve!!! I am always here for you little darlin, stay focused and encouraged, you will succeed!!!!

Now ladies, I hope I can tell this with clarity. I wish I could tell you all in person, becasue after all was said and done, it was the most hiliarious thing I could have imagined. Not at that time though, I was terrified and praying more than a tribe could all at once!! LOL LOL

This is how my day went starting my departure from work and on my way to Weight Watcher's. As I was in route to my WI, I had to make a pit stop at the bank, you know gotta make sure the funds are in tack. Well while sitting there with one lady of ahead of me and of course she was not prepared, I sat there extra long, by the time it was my turn and my transaction was complete, I started to pull of and down came the rain drops. By the time I got to the WW parking lot, the windows of heaven released truckloads of rain. I had decided to sit in the car until it slacked up or stopped but my daughter Ivory pulled up beside and a huge umbrella. Now let me set the stage for you, I have on a linen (light green shirt that had pockets), s shirt that you could not see thru, and of all days I had on no bra rash due to a rash under the boobies, by the time we got inside I was drenched and shirt stuck to me like paper and of course now you can see thru. I ran to the rest room dripping wet and wiped down as much as possible, stuff paper towels down in my shirt over the vital parts and at the same time trying not keep the cold wet shirt off of me. Decided not to WI until the end and maybe I would be a littler drier and a little lighter. LOL LOL 4oz. gone ladies but being soaking wet I was still happy, everything in the down area is good for me. Now here is where the story takes off.........
    The rain never ever stopped and it was flooding at the door, as we left my daughter Ash went on way and I the other. Daughter, Ivory, one with the unbrella left early, smart girl!!!! As I pulled out of the parking lot and made my turn, it was raining so hard I could hardly see and before I knew it, I was in water sooo deep there was absolutely nothing I could do but try to make it thru it, as I approached the corner a started to turn the water got deeper and my car stopped. That right, you heard right, it stopped, ka-put, totally flooded and it shut down!!!! I looked in my rear view mirror and the car about 100 feet behind me, the water was up over his head lights and I started to panic, the water was rising up my doors and I was almost out of gas. You see that was my intention to go get gas when I left weight watchers, never ever put off till later what you can do now, especailly getting gas, you know the important stuff cause you never know what will or can happen. LIfe lesson learned!!!! Back to my saga.................
    As I said I was panicing big time flooded, almost out of gas, and cell phone about to die, oh my!!!! Managed to get a text in to my daughter, "I need help now, I am flooded, almost out of gas, phone dying, I am scared, may day, may day, help me please!!! I kept trying to start the car, and it did, and cut right back off, My daughter Morgan called, and I exclaimed to her that I was scared, please come and get me, send someone, the water is still rising, and by now I am crying to beat the band. Constantly praying and quoting God's word to him. My daughter Ashlan called and said Mommie, I am coming and I will try to get as close to you as possible, my response is hurry.
    Now Ash drives by the street is see's just how bad it is, and think's ummmmmmm, moma may just be stuck and drove by, but the Lord got the best of her and she said oh my God that is Momma and I cannot leave her there. She went a parked across the street where there was no flooding to try to get to me. Mind you, if I could move 2 to 3 feet, I would make it out of the water. Still praying, if only you could have heard my conversation with the Lord, hiliarious!!!! Windows still totally fogged up and cannot see. Ash has on shorts and flip flops, says she had to get her head together, jumped out of the car screaming in a charge voice, and started running to me, a lady asked her if she needed help, all she could say was my momma and took off running again, fell out of her shoes, got back up and fell again, made it to the parking lot where she could actually see me and as she was calling me but I could not hear her, and right at that time God answered my prayers, the car started and I eased the car into drive and was able to pull out of the water after 6 previous attempts and I drove off but still could not see or hear Ash, she stood there screaming that better not be my momma, that better not be my momma pulling off, then she said that is my momma, as I drove pass her. As I turned the next corner, another car stalled and I swerved to miss her and the car behind me did the same to miss me and then the next. Ash called me, I had one bar left, she said mommie you just passed me twice, get to high ground to the interstate and I did, with two miles left to spare in my tank I made it to the gas station and then home safe and sound. Poor Ash was still in the rain trying to get back to her car but she did make it home, by now my daughter Ivory calls the house and hollers where is Ma, I cannot find her, and when she realized it was me on the phone, she said gosh darn it, everyone still in the flood looking for you and you are at home. LOL LOL She was hot and happy at the same time. Positives in all of this are......Ash tried to save me, Ivory tried to find me..............but God answered my prayers and got to me first started my car, got me gas and got me home safe and sound!!!!!! Plus I released FOR BIG OUNCES SOAKING WET and oh yeah, NO ONE SAW MY BOOBIES!!!!! As far as the gas, never put off until tomorrow what you can do today!!!!! God always has a Ram in the bush and angels all around for His children. Thank you Jesus!!!!! I love you Lord!!!!! Once we all got home, we laughed as to how things went down, the demonstrations were toooooo funny and we are going to search YouTube becasue we just know someone out there filmed all of this and if they did, I know by now it has 1,000's of hits. So there you have it......Aggie's Soga, glad that one is over.

Hugs love and blessing,
    Make every moment count,
    Ags
  • Good Morning to all you beautiful gals!! Part Ten seems to be POPpin right along! We'll be at 500 again before ya know it and then will come Part Eleven!! We are simply AWESOME!! Now, on to personals...

Marm - So glad to see you back! WTG on gettin that water in! Sometimes it can be a big chore but it is needed in order to succeed! Look at it this way, you get in more exercise running back and forth to the potty so I guess its a good thing all around You sound like my mom with the hummingbirds and pansies! Her real name is Pansy so of course she likes pansies! You girls are knocking the water out!! I gotta step it up! I can never get a salad to taste like McD's either but the feeling afterward is great! KUTGW!!

Maria - YW! I should probably lose more weight too before furthering this venture but if it hasn't happened thus far, I figure God knows what he's doing and when the time is right, Poof, it will happen I'm glad that you could have a good conversation with your mom. I'm sure with time your relationship will be good as new Sounds like that Sergio is a keeper! I don't even think my hubs remembers anything about our dating era!

Learn - They certainly are beautiful. We actually live at the foot of the mountain but we still have fabulous views! If I may ask, where in the mountains is hubbys family? I would luv to be able to turn my phone off sometimes but if I did somebody would send the posse out to look for me, lol! If hubs can't reach me, he goes nuts and starts calling my mom! crazy bunch around here! Glad to hear that you got that water walkin in!! I know it will be hard to have your mother away from you but she deserves the best care and as much as you want to do it, you won't always be able to take care of her the way she needs. My mother, bless her heart spent a lot of years taking care of my grandmother with very little help and because she had been promised that we would never put her in a nursing home somebody had to take care of her. My mom has really hurt herself physically pulling and pushing and trying to keep grandma from falling. She is basically dead weight and it's hard to do all by yourself. When she had the stroke, we had no other choice but to put her in a nursing home because she needed 24 hour care. Everything will be ok!! We're here for ya girly! Luv ya bunches!

Ona
    - sorry to make you wanna cry! I wish I could have gotten a pic of it but it flew away before I could get the batteries in my camera! but then again, maybe it was my angel was just meant for me to see! Hopefully one day we will be able to come together and meet up with each other and have a 3FC weekend or something! That would be great!

shannon - Luvd your story! I lol'd at "he looked at me like he was totally scoping me out" great stuff! I'm the same way, I can't wait to get on here everyday and see what my girls have been up to and read their positives and negatives! It's just wonderful! I'm kinda on a budget kick myself and it wasn't by choice! I'm usually ok with handling money but sometimes I can get carried away! I'm learning though! WTG on taking control!! You are woman, let's hear you roar!! LOL luv ya!

woodgal
    - Your artwork is beautiful! I would be privy to receive it and display it proudly! I can't wait to go card shopping!

Heather - Girl!! 4 lbs. is great! At least you didn't gain! There will be times that you will lose inches and not so much weight and then you will lose weight and not so many inches. At least that's how it works with me! Don't you get discouraged! and don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat If I have learned anything on this journey so far its to not hang all your hopes on the scale because sometimes it will let you down. If you can tell a difference in your clothes and people are starting to notice then you know your doing something right!! Anyway, I'm cheering right there with ya!

Ags - lmbo, I luv Madea too so Good Mornting to you too!! I assume that all is well on the homefront?!? Luv ya chick!

Well, the day has been pretty good so far! I tried that chili salad last night and it was pretty good. I had been wanting to try and Rachael Ray recipe so I gathered all the goodies for that. It was ok but not as good as I imagined. It was a bbq chili that called for beer! Of course I haven't bought beer since my honeymoon!! I never liked the stuff anyway, that was hubs' thing but we have long since quit all that foolishness. One positive is that I got carded! lol, it was great! Anyway, we are in an abundance of blueberries here so I thought I would make him something blueberryish. I found a recipe for a blueberry buckle cake. it wasn't half bad. Another positive, I only had two bites just to see what it tasted like!(gotta taste test ya know ) All in all, a good night!

I'm really excited to get started on this card exchange. I also had a question/thought...For any who are interested we could add birthdays and anniversarys to the list. Whatchyall think? Just a thought!

I doubt that I will get into much today, Hubs has been hard on himself this week, first he sliced his leg open and then he nearly broke his toe on a forklift blade! Needless to say, he's had a rough week so we will probably just "veg" today! Maybe I can get all that water in since I won't have anything else to do but run back and forth to the potty

Ok girls, I have rambled enough.....somebody else's turn!
  • Heather............... - Sounds like you all ready critiqued your 4lb loss. Good for you - keep it in perspective. I know any loss is good - but - why is it so easy to add on those pounds - but oh soooooo darn hard getting them to release? I am still over 300 am so looking forward to getting into the 2's. We just have to stay on course - making better choices and NOT going back to the eating out of control.

Woodgal.........................Well said about the cards. I didn't participate this time - being so new to the group - even though you all have made me feel very welcome, will definitely be there for next go around. I was impressed to read about your mastering the dreaded treadmill. To add hand weights - good job. Mine sits here - just snickering at me - daring me to try. I have issues with my neck/shoulder - disc involved, so hanging on to the handles is hard. But walking without the would be disaster - picture me flying off the back end of it. Not a pretty sight. hubby keeps trying fixes to see if yet another tweak will help. Love your dogs names - and the picture of you all sitting outside howling - well - as they say - a good belly laugh a day is good for the soul.

Maria..............I love the picture of you and Sergio........you remind me of a Rubens painting.............so real, so alive. Just lovely. You know I've been reading your posts about Mom. As we get older - and Learn is going through it - sometimes we become the parent to our parent. Just maybe you're all ready going there. By that I mean - you are becoming the more responsible person in the relationship. Age has nothing to do with being mature - it's about seeing things the way they are and dealing with them as you must. I have a niece that had a terrible relationship with her mother, ended up in counceling and came out of it actually being able to be greatful to her mother. She told me her gift from her mother and through counceling was it showed her how NOT to parent. She has 4 terrific kids and is a wonderful mother.

Learn.................whoa - I'm also 1 of 4 kids. Brother lives right behind me, one next door and a sister that is so busy living her life and is gone probably 6 - 7 months of the year. Mom had a meltdown yesterday - always throws me badly. Just wants to come home, etc. I feel for you in your new journey, It's hard - but as you said - just knowing she will be well taken care of is all that's important. I envy you all your pool time. I would love to get back to the pool here - I'm working on getting the courage - I'm a work in progress on oh so many fronts. Also - how do you keep your lettuce from browing on edges. I used the lettuce knife, ziploc bag - and 3 days later - I've got the uglies. What am I doing wrong? You also mentioned knee pain. Have you had x-rays? Arthritis or worse? I know about knee pain - and it can be so miserable.

Shannon................ yeah - I'm thinking you are a real keeper - your posts are so encouraging. Maybe just cause you are so close to me mileage wise - kinda fun just thinking about you over there in busy Columbus area. I tried to get to the airport last year - and ended up all over the place. Most of the time my visits to your fair city is straight through the middle on my way to Virginia or Maryland where one of my boys live.

Ags..........Thank you for the open armed invite to your 24 hour diner. But - you see - those open 24 hour eating digs is what has gotten me in the shape I'm in. Oh silly me - you must only offer good healthy, low cal, low fat eats. Along with a hand slap here and there for overindulging? Ah you are a good sweet soul for starting this thread. Food for the soul offered by lil ole duck butter herself. You are a treasure and to share your enthusiam with us - you really are a magnetic force..................and we seem to be attaching ourselves to you - you just keep drawing us in to you. Yay for us. We could have been neighbors - I lived in Alex. VA for 20 years. I loved Virginia.

Ona...........well I have to tell you - your walking and doing curves is so impressive. I wish i could do those machines - but I doubt that I ever will - I have neck/shoulder/disc issues. Now the walking - I should be doing that. Always wish I had sidewalks, but living in the country on a road that is way too busy for this slow poke. I know - excuses - get in the caar - go in town and do my thing, right? I'm working on it. I really like your attitude about this weight loss journey. It's just something we need to do for ourselves - and you really have it down pretty good. So, I'll keep reading your posts - and get to your place of just doing it...........

Stella................I see your posts - and I have this visual - of your hubby coming home from his truck for the week - standing in the doorway and saying......"Stella, Stella, Stella" aka like Marlong Brando...........so sweet. Now - please tell me does. Your telling about the hawk made me think - last week I sat here and watched a mama deer and her baby walk up the fence row - baby jumped over the fence - mama got all worried and ran all around the fence trying to get to her baby........I'm assuming she found it - I love Mother nature - but I do not like to see the downside of her. All I could think of was that God is surely good to show us all his beauty. Living in the mountains you get to see even more of nature than I do.

Ok - too long - sorry about that - will have to get a grip on my fingers and my thinking cap. You gals are just too easy to talk to.

Linda
  • Linda - I would love to tell you he does that but it would be a lie! Your story made me think of another sighting I had the other day...Where our house is now a year or so ago was very wooded and deer would always come through here, well, I guess our house being here and the trees being gone hasn't stopped them because I was walking through the dining room the other day and something caught my eye...three young deer just trotting through the back yard. They are everywhere here.

I don't know how to post pics but I have a few nice ones from winter that I think are beautiful. I'll have to look into that!
  • Okay you ladies I just posted my soga so to those of you who were posting as I was typing.......turn your booties around and get to reading right now!!! LOL LOL hup two three four!!!!!!

Ags
  • Ags,
    I'm so glad it wasn't worse. I would have been scared also. Never drive through unknown waters. You could have been hurt or worse. Love ya darling!

• Good Afternoon Ladies....

Ags.... I love you too girl I am so sorry that all of that happened to you yesterday but I am glad that you made it back home safe and sound I cant imagine how scary that must have been for you. I appreciate everything you said regarding the 4 lbs I lost and I am actually happy about it now and feel good about it now that I have realized that I spent the first week of my diet on TOM so that was probably why I didnt lose more but I am now focused on the next 2 weeks cause my next weigh in is August 14th.

thinmint...Thank you I realize that 4 lbs actually is a pretty good weight loss and now that I started lifting weights that it might slow because muscle weighs more so I will keep that in consideration for next weigh-in but I can tell in my clothes and my husband has commented that I look slimmer so I probably did lose some inches too which is always great so now onto the next 2 weeks!

Marm-thank you for your support and anytime you need support I am here for you and that is true for all of you ladies.

Well, so far today I have been pretty active..after my husband left for work I turned on the stereo and put in some cd's and started cleaning house along with dancing and singing which I am sure was a site to see that is why I only do it when I am home alone although I am a good singer I was in choir all thru school and I have done karaoke quite a few times but sometimes it just feels good to turn on the stereo and move around along with clean house and before I knew it an hour and a half had passed and not only did I clean house I burned alot of calories doing it according to the website where I keep track of my calories and fitness BUT I still plan on working out later at the fitness center and then going swimming and I am looking forward to that so that is my big positive for the day.

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful saturday and I will talk to you soon
    Keep Rockin'
    Heather
  • Ags - My goodness!! I know none of that was funny at the time but yes, I must confess, I laughed out loud as I was reading it! I'm so glad that God came through for you (like there was even a doubt) and got you home safely!! I got a little tired just reading it! and your precious girls, God luv em!! They just wanted mama home safe and sound! I would have done the same thing to save my mama! I would squall if that ended up on youtube!

No wonder you didn't have time to chat with us, you were recovering from a quite traumatic experience!! Well, it's all over now and everybody is safe and dry!

p.s. thanks for the info on adding pics. I'll give it a whirl....I'm gonna try to attach a pic from winter! Let us see.....this is in our front yard. That big green building is dad's "hangar" where he houses his hang gliders!

001.jpg

YAY!! I did it! Thanks Ags! You're the greatest! Luv ya!

• whoohoo I forgot to change my avatar this morning to the 55 lbs lost avatar though I am back to 56 lbs lost so that is another Positive for the day!

Keep Rockin'
    Heather
  • congrats Heather keep going

Glad you're ok Ags I know you were scared but I can imagine,afterwards..it was funny.He won't put more on you than you can bare good job on the 4 ozs as long as you're feeling better and eating better,that's all that matters.The scale will catch up sooner or later.Is it that You have to work, you weigh in the afternoons? I guest overall it doesn't matter. me..must have an empty stomach,no water in me, have had a BM and stripped down butt naked before i weigh.

Oh,Stella sorry your DH got hurt.hope helps feels better soon.He needs some TLC hope your Blueberry pie turns out good.I remember picking them, when i was younger.My DB would take me.I remember worring about snakes. I love that picture of your yard,It's beautiful.I bet it's so pretty at Christmas time.I like the idea of B-days and Anniversaries for the Cards exchange too.
  • i don't know what happen i hit a button and my post posted so now I'll finish

You'll get there Linda i drive to the track,it's about 10 minutes away. i started just walking to the corner and back,Every other week i went farther and farther. It just takes time. At curves, there are some people that have back,shoulder problems but they just work on the machines that they can do. Just try to find something you can do,that you can be consistent with.keep your Willingness,you'll be fine.

A positive..I like white blouses,I have several but when i put them on, they make me look bigger and show the rolls in my back(love handles). I'd usually wear a vest or something over it.
    I wear black mostly cause it makes me look smaller.(recently I've gravitated towards dark blue..haha) one day the attendant at the washer mat( i go to the same one all the time) asked me."you like black huh Anyways....
    Since it was hot today and white looks nice in the summer,I wanted to put one on but was scared(you'd see my love handles)..but I thought.."let me just try one on"(cause i was wearing black shorts black and white looks good together )...low and behold..i put it on and my handles have almost gone,i could hardly see them, wore it without a top shirt and didn't feel self-conscious about my back
  • Hi baby girls, I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. I worked today and just got home a bit ago. It was a good day, though, I got to take care of my small babies, which I always love the most. One of them was a little 1lb 3oz pixie, breathing on her own with just a little help from CPAP, and behaving herself like a perfect little miss with stable vital signs and no crazy stuff. That is practically a miracle at my hospital! I loved her and should get to care for her again tomorrow! My other little patient was a boy who was born at 23 weeks who's now corrected to 36 weeks. He's still tiny but he's also breathing on his own and doing well with his feedings. It's a rare day taking care of 2 babies in the small baby area and no one on a ventilator. Fun day!

Lily had her dance team auditions today, her first auditions ever. Last year she was on the mini team and was invited without auditioning, but now that she wants to move on to the junior level, she had to try out. She was a nervous wreck about it last night! She had to demonstrate ballet at the barre, then show her tricks (heel stretches, splits, etc), then perform the routine they worked on this week in intensives. When I asked her if she remembered a lot of the routine, she said she remembered almost all of it, "and I danced it full-force, Mom!" hahahahaha We'll find out this week sometime if she placed. I told her if she's not quite there yet, she can do mini again this year, so either way, she'll be dancin'. We shall see!

One last thing, you guys were talking about the deer. Last spring, my BIL (yes, the one I'm not crazy about) found a little newborn fawn at his parents' farm. It was lying out in the full sun panting and practically dead. He didn't see the mama dear around anywhere, so he scooped that little baby up and took her home. He and my sister fed her goats' milk bottles and made a pen for her in the garage and named her Princess. You should have seen that little thing when she was about Bambi-sized. She and Lily chasing each other around the yard. I think THAT woulda gone viral on Youtube, it was practically the cutest thing ever. As she got bigger, they just continued to give her bottles but left her free. When she was a teenager, I remember sitting in my sister's living room and hearing someone knock on the window -- it was Princess looking in at us! hahaha Once she got full grown she left to join the other deer, but they still see her once in awhile (they think). Kelly says if she sees a group of deer in her yard, if she calls for Princess every now and then one of them will look over, start to come over, then run off with the others. So I guess my BIL isn't all bad. Glad I thought of that!

Well Ladies, I'll probably just pop in for the next couple nights, but I'll be back with personals on Tuesday after my 'work-week'. Love to you all!!
  • just wanted ot pop in quick and share my positives! I'll be back for personals later I'm exhausted right now!

weighed in today and I finally hit my first 10 lbs goal! and even went over it! I'm at 11.1 lbs lost total!

Also today I spent a little time on me and went and got my nails done and got my eye brows waxed! got myself lookin all puurddy!

and third of all I did a HUGE step today I WENT TO THE GYM! for the first time in at least 8-9 motnhs! and I worked it and I worked it hard.. LOL.. I almost made myself throw up.. whoops! but I did get a good work out in!

and fourth of all I went and briefly "hung out" with my mom.. it started out a little rocky but I let her know from the start if she was going to be negative and was only going to put me down I was leaving. and she stopped and we watched some funny you tube videos and had ourselves a good laugh I only stayed for 45 mins because i didn't want to push it but It again gives me more hope

Also I had a great talk with my hubby when we got home.. every now and then he says the sweetest things.. we were just sitting down chit chatting about the day.. and was talking about how much he has changed since we have been married (we were only 21 and 22 when we got hitched) He was saying how his love has grown so much more and he is soo thankful and feels so privileged that I decided he was the one I wanted to spend forever with he told me it was an honor to him to be my husband and he was so thankful and so grateful for the sacrifices I have made fro our family and how he loves me more everyday.. it was really sweet made me start bawling.. and I know and he even got a little glossy eyed and his eyes were getting red I could tell her was being so genuine..... it was just really sweet and really random.... and it made me feel really good! made me feel like when we were dating.. you know how much in love you feel and everything sweet the other person says gives you those butterflys in your tummy .. heheh anyways it's been a good day
  • Bon dimanche matin merveilleux amis!

Good sunday morning wonderful friends,
    It is the second half of a seemingly quiet weekend for me. Uneventful is more like it and I kinda like it that way. So now on to personals...

Ona- You are doing fantastic on your walking. You keep it up and you will be out of the 270's in no time at all.

Heather- I don't want to hear you being disappointed in a 4 pound lose. You better be celebrating, minus the cake and cookies normally used for celebrating purposes. LOL! I just got a visual of you running around the house, feather duster (or Swiffer) in one hand and vacuum in the other.

Ags- O.K. I am not laughing about the car/flood situation, but the wet tee shirt contest is quite funny.Va Va Va Voom Toots!!! You are something else.

Stella- OMG! Your front yard is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. My hubby's family is not in the mountains, but their close. His cousin who is planning the reunion lives in Brevard. I love the Asheville area, I have been there a few times. He has cousins scattered all over NC. Sorry the Chili Salad didn't wow you. Maybe a different chili recipe next time. The one I make is almost identical to Wendy's chili. I make it a little thicker so as not to end up with a soggy salad. I think the birthday and anniversary idea is a good idea. Take care of the hubby of yours, it does sound like he's had a rough week all right.

Linda- Yes, I am the baby of the 4 kids. Like I said my sister lives with us, brother next door and then my oldest brother lives in Washington state. I haven't seen him in 20 years. He got mad at my father and he and his wife moved away. When you make your salad mix in the zip-loc bags try not to use the bags with the little plastic thingy that you slide across the top. I find they aren't as airtight. I like the Zip-Loc's that you squeeze and press the bag closed, but when you get about an inch from the end you want to press as much air out of the bag as possible. I literally lay the bag on the counter and lean over the counter and lay on it with my chest. You want it to look like it was vacuum sealed. I also keep my frig a bit cooler than recommended, Florida is so darn hot and humid.
    Yes, I have had X-rays of my knees and they both have arthritis. I actually have more joints with arthritis then without. I also have 7 or 8 bulging disks and spinal stenosis. Oh the list goes on and on. That is why I exercise in the pool. It makes me so much more buoyant taking weight off my joints. I am in the waiting process for a hearing on my disability claim. They have a 22 month waiting time, which I have about 18 months to go.
    Hey now don't you dare worry about getting a grip on your fingers and thinking cap. I like reading about everyone's lives and adventure's.

Maria- Congratulations on the lose and hitting your first 10 lb goal. FANTASTIC!!! Glad you got some you time, it's so important to do. The next 2 positives I would say are you time also. The gym was for you and your physical health, the 45 minutes with your mom was for your emotional health, and the conversation with Sergio was for the health of your marriage. A truly great POSITIVE day all around.

Shannon- What a wonderful person you are caring for those tiny little angels like you do. It must be very rewarding and emotional all at the same time. I wish I could have seen Lily at her dance audition, I love watching the kids dance. I have photographed several dance school plays and it's alway such a joy. My favorite was Peter Pan. The story about the fawn was just precious. I had a similar experience with a blue jay (we named him Ralph). I found him when he was almost naked, he just had a few pin feathers. Fed him with an eye dropper and then tweezers. My family laughed one day when they found me in the backyard trying to teach him to fly (or convince him he could). Every time I went outside he followed me. Then he started trying to get in the house every time someone came in or out so I had to relocate him. I took him for a drive a few miles from my house and let him go, but he came back. It took a while, but he finally turned wild. My son's favorite memory of Ralph was whenever I fed him it seemed to come right back out the other end.

As for me I was POP yesterday. Today was Official Weigh Day and I am down 1 lb. for the week. I am happy with that. I am setting a goal for myself in my mind. We are possibly going to a cousin reunion next July 4th. and I would like to have lost 70 to 75 lbs. It's doable as long as I keep doing what I'm doing. It's only a 1 lb a week lose.
    I finished off the month with a total of 1725 minutes of exercise. Passed my goal by 325 minutes. Still set my goal lower though due to the weather is getting more and more unpredictable with the hurricane season.
    I hope everyone else jumps on the exercise thread and joins in. It's fun also watching the numbers climb up every day.
    No problems with my Mom yesterday because she was so active on Friday she was exhausted saturday and slept until 2 PM. She even kept falling asleep in her chair and at the dinner table. I totally enjoyed her sleeping in.
    Today is hubby's full day off and I will be doing what I can to force him to rest. His hips and legs have really been hurting the last few weeks and we're waiting for one more bloodwork to see what's going on. Doctor seems to thing it's muscular and not skeletal (joint). He has him on muscle relaxants at night and complete rest when he's off work. No yardwork, handyman work, etc.

That's it me this morning, I hope everyone has a super sunday and let's make it POP!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn