Scary Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 15 of 24
Go to
  • Lo and behold--a miracle! I feel that I've experienced the elusive click today. A shift in consciousness and I feel that I may be going into this journey with a little more of the old passion that I used to have--I actually feel excited about it all and that counts for a lot!
    I know what I have to do physically, the diet and exercise part of it, now I have to work on the spiritual/mental aspects of it--only seriously this time and no fritzing around! I'll be 40 next May and one of my goals is to find some real peace with this by then. I talked about this with my best friend today and she wants to do this together so I'm excited about that too. I BELIEVE I can do it!
  • Thanks for the info. I just read that article as well in Prevention and peanut butter is a long time favorite of mine. Think I might try it. I am just getting bored with the same old foods and need some more variety I think. I feel so tired all the time. Maybe need to see doctor. I feel like I could sleep my life away. When I first started losing, I felt very energetic. Maybe the weather change has hit me. Well, Have a Great Skinny Day!!!!!
  • almost friday
    Well the weather change does make one tired and lathergic..its cold outside. However you are right check with the doctor! It could be physical or mental. I used to think mine was mental and it was sleep apnea which is both. I didnt sleep at all last nite...really nitemarish dreams...just freaky stuff. Means something is in the subconscious. i know what it is but i dont know what to do but leave it there. Its the only way i will not binge. Oh well...so this is not a happy post today.

However i am happy that i didnt binge and that i have a place to turn to And things will really be ok.
  • Clickety-clack, Amarantha's back ...
    ... and she's more amazing than ever!!! (She's also an egoist, but you'all knew that!) Hagometric had a long talk with Amarantha today by crystal ball and Amarantha feels the Amazing Transformation Magikal Trick being perfected by Amarantha will be the best ever. Amarantha hath made GREAT progress in working on this act and it is being well-received by audiences in all corners o' the globe. Amarantha hath (sigh) also retained Elberta Crone to be her personal bodyguard and cook on the road. The spa will miss Elberta (NOT!)!

Scooooooooby!!!! Hagometric hopeth thy nightmares hath not been caused by visiting the SCARY HUT IN THE SCARY HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE FOREST!!!! She hopeth thou remembereth that what is in the subconscious oft expends itself harmlessly in dreams ... no need to leave the scary stuff in there, though, and it beith good to post it out, talk it out (providing thou chooseth the right confident, as the wrong one can do harm), cry it out, exercise it out, work it out, think it out, and lastly SCARE it out with fantasy via writing or a good book!!!! Hag had occasion to stare at a Scooby-dooo cartoon yesterday and it's funny you brought up the subconscious, as the whole theme of the cartoon seemed to be Scooby being afraid to open up mysterious closets as everytime he did it, some scary thing was in there ... but his friend kept saying there was nothing to be afraid of and when HE opened the closets, they were just empty closets. Haggo thinketh mayhap our anxiety is like that much o' the time.

Oooppps, Haggo beith rambling ... ok, focusing again. Meaning to say, congratulations on banishing the Binge Demons ... feel happy!

Jadcie: I've been doing the peanut butter thing and it's AMAZING how filling one tablespoon is ... don't think I want to go to FOUR a day as the plan suggests, as calorwise, it's not a bargain. Was also reading Sue Grafton's newest mystery on my trip (have read 'em all) ... and her detective heroine eats peanut butter and pickle sandwiches ... remember that was another of my childhood favorites and think I may try it again ... I wonder if satisfying these inner child cravings will help to conquer the Binge Demons?

EYDIE!!!! I am so happy for you that you've heard THE CLICK!!! It's good you have a friend to travel a bit down the road with on the journey!!! Thou WILL succeed because THOU believest!!! The click is in!!!

Dollar: Repeat thyself to thy heart's content!!! To answer thy question, I've experienced what you speak of regarding an improvement in the foods I desire, although I continue to revert to bad habits again and again. Someday I may even crave broccoli, but I doubt it! Still, I know I used to eat lots more saturated fat, even though I was a vegetarian, and now, eating meat, I crave lighter and healthier fats. I'm cultivating a taste for olive oil. I like it with herbs and bread to dip in. It seems as though healthy fat is some kind of key to my control and I'm working it out now. Interesting question you ask. Not sure if I answered or rambled!!!

To all: HAVE A FRIGHTFULLY GOOD OP DAY!!!!!

"I will lose a pound this week! I will lose it as I sleep; I will lose it as I speak! I will not be weak! I will lose a pound this week!!!" ~ Signed, Amarantha The Amazing
  • na my mom is got breast cancer...found out yesterday. Just really sad. She will be ok..in 1st stage..just sad. You just realize how much you love someone and if anything should ever happen to them you dont know if you can do without.

My eating was good today..i think. It felt like i ate alot but didnt. Im not execising today kind of feel really tired. Cant sleep at nite scared. Will my diet be ok if i dont exercise. I am finishing up with a cold. Im scared im screwing up my diet. Should i feel this way? I can really go to the gym. If i lose weight my diet is still working right? I didnt exercise yesterday nor today however i did mall walk in the afternoon, but is that enough. Well i dont know what to think. Sorry for such a self absorb post.
  • Hey Scoobysnacks you have a right to be self absorb. you recieved news that we all hope we will never get, hang in there and you and your mom will get through this. Of course exercising will help your weight loss but if you can't do it everyday and you stick with your diet it will still work.
    Shortly after starting my diet a few months I guess i was in a car accident and my walking stopped for the entire summer. I still haven't managed to get it back to where it was because my daughter walked with me and now she is back in school so im alone with my son and grandson most evenings. I find after working taking care ofthe house and meals I have a hard time getting in extra walking I do try tomwalk the dog everyday but right now with my cold Im not up to it. am I still losing you bet.
    Stick with your diet and stay away from the bad stuff you will feel better for it and you will have the energy to help your mom through this.
  • hello fellow scary ladies...no weigh in today...it was an odd and icky day...it seems from reading journals and posts alot of us have been in the same boat...I came down with that cold...had a horrific day at work and walked off my job...but ya know what...I didn't fall off the diet and go binge...and I feel good about leaving my job...I will not work at a place where the owner/boss is into illegal practices...I will also not work for someone who is predjudice in any way...so I think I stood up for what I believe in when I walked away...if I didn't care about my convictions in life I would not have given a hoot about what my boss does at my work...So I'm thinking I did a good thing! I'm still feeling kinda icky with the cold and all but other than that...I'm doing ok! I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!!!!1 YAYYYYYYYYY
  • Hotsplashes go for you more people should stand up for what they believe in when it comes to what goes on at their jobs.
    That is great you didn't go off your diet because of the stress thing good job. This nasty cold sucks doesn't it. I thought I was going to get off easy with just a stuffy head, oh no that couldn't happen, now I have the nasty cough to go along with it and when does it bother me mostly when Im sleeping. I must say however I don't feel really sick just a little off so I geuss that isn't so bad. Well I hope everyone that has this cold feels better soon have a good day everyone.
  • [COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]Scooby, you DO have a right to be self-absorbed, though, I'd say you aren't, just sharing important news. I am sorry about your mother's diagnosis, but glad that it is early stage and she will be ok. Still, this is a bad shock and resting, in my opinion, is the best thing you can do for your body. You need to stay strong for your mom, so keeping your body healthy is very important now. No way does it hurt to rest and skip exercise ... in fact it increases fitness and enhances your diet by giving healing time to all those little muscle fibers, plus your mind and spirit. Maybe it's time for a change of exercise for awhile ... slow walks with your mom or tai chi or yoga instead of the gung ho gym stuff? Good luck to you and your mom and you are to be congratulated on the eating management during this time.

Hotsplashes: Congratulations to you for dumping your toxic boss! It IS a stressful thing to do but in the long run, it'll pay off. (I know, I've done it lots of times!) No one should stay in a position where they are extremely unhappy or uncomfortable, in my opinion, it just isn't worth it. Congrats also for NOT BINGEING after quitting!

Dollar: Sorry you've developed a cough to go with your cold! Sounds like it's time to drink even more water ... or some new exotic herbal tea with a touch of honey? Get well soon!!!

Hagometer lost a whole day's work yesterday when brake job took four hours and THEN the leasing van driver backed into Hag's car in the lot after it was pulled up for her to leave. Hag had just gotten into the car ... it was still in park and the van hit it and the driver tried to blame it first on Hag ... who hadn't done ANYTHING and then on the dealership because she said they had parked it ILLEGALLY. When told this was just where the dealership always pulled the cars up for people to leave, the driver said, "Well, that's not a LEGAL parking space!" Anyhow, the leasing company is paying to have it fixed and for a rental car, but there's more time the fragmented, scattered Hag is going to lose on deadline this week.

Speaking of deadlines makes Hag wonder about Babette/Arabella! Hope she is out there and ok and will post soon and let us know.

Bye-bye, all!!!!
  • The creeping crud has loosened its evil grip... I woke up at 2am sweating and this morning I don't feel like the walking dead!
    I'm all packed up and ready for the 2nd trip to CA in a week.

Scooby - I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Thankfully they caught it early though - be thankful! My Mom went through a double biopsy 3 years ago and it was the most frightening thing I've been through (thankfully her results were negative). Take good care of yourself and give Mom lots of love!

Hotsplash - Good for you!!! Walking out of your job is scary but when it's got to be done, it's got to be done!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Amarantha - I'm sorry for your car's boo-boo! How awful of them to try to blame you (or how RUDE of them!!). Hopefully it will be fixed quickly and life will get back to normal soon.

Here's to hoping next week is a great one!!

Terri
  • Hello, Hello!
    I heard you calling, Amarantha! Has been a wildly busy time, painting and associated work, MIL visit , hosting a couple of huge parties -- not to mention WORK I worked 14 hours yesterday, ten of them in super-intensity high-pressure work. Almost decided to give up on that, thinking that I don't need the stress but then I decided that if I master it t'will be much less stressful. I had kind of an off week, diet-wise, but am getting my head and body together again.

Sounds like a v. stressful accident yesterday - The NOIVE of them, trying to blame it on you! Hope they'll make up for your lost time, too...

Hotsplashes, congrats on quitting your job. Such a scary and brave step to take! My son has been working in a job where he felt morally compromised - said he felt like he was selling his soul off in little bits - but had no other job prospects. This week he started a new job in technical support, where he can help people, makes more money and has more room for advancement. I'm so happy for him! Good luck to you in finding the perfect job!

Dollar, take it easy - get some R&R. I think that when you just feel a little bit off, sometimes you can recover much more quickly if you give your body a break.

Punkin, glad you're feeling better. And have a fantastic time with your friends in CA! ( I know you will!)

Scooby, sending good thoughts for you and your mom. Glad they caught it early. These things are very unsettling. I find as my mother gets older and less healthy I am on some level preparing myself for the inevitable. She went on a leaf-peeper tour with MIL last week, and I was almost sobbing after I dropped them off at the bus. The whole thing - a busload of seniors going on a voyage - had so much metaphorical resonance.

Eydie, congrats on hearing the click. I get little ones from time to time, but need a really big cllick to get my rear in gear! Maybe I just have to listen harder? Any more thoughts on the labyrinth?

Jadcie, are you getting enough protein? I remember when I was going very low-fat and high carb (good carbs, tho) I felt tired all the time and hungry too. I read something about changing the balance to more moderate fat, more protein and fewer carbs and I felt immediately better, and less hungry to boot.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
  • Hi all
    feeling a little bit better however all of a sudden i will spurt in to tears. But after a good cry things going back into perspective.
    Tonight after work i will try going to work out.

Thanks for your support it means alot the message and the posting. I feel a real community.

Hotspashes power to u. Im very impressed and think its wonderful that you stood up for what you believe in. Its easy to sit back and do nothing. You should feel so empowered! Its easy get walked on and hard to walk away! Good job!

Dollar thanks for letting me know that you can still lose weight with out execising. Im sorry your sick. I think im getting over which you begun. Hang in there rest alot and drink alot of hot tea and water!

Amarantha thanks for letting me know that its ok to take a break. And that it could be even helpful. Sorry about your car accident i hate when you get blamed for something you didnt do. totally not cook.

Pumpkinseed im glad you are feeling better...i know it feels so good coming back from the evils of germs!

Babett wow that was such a spirtual thing you said about the voyage. My parents are 62 and its hard to view them as old cause you know they are my parents. The ones who took me softball practice drove all there kids around weekends. Im not a parent but it must be really hard being one. I look back on how much work my parents put into and amazed. I dont know how they kept there energy going. I ask them know and they dont know how they did it either...but they are happy the did.
    I really liked that line about the voyage...
  • Scooby, my wishes are with you....

Dollar and Punkin...my sniffles are with you...

hagometric...I'm am with on everything!lol

Babette..glad you are still with us!

Eydie, Jadcie, Anagram and whoever else I've missed HOWDIE!

I did weigh in today...No Loss...but NO gain either!! Still at 178~~~ so I'm happy!

Take care and have a great weekend ladies!!
  • Yo!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, rather than start work on the school BORED, Haggie thought she'd just pop in here and here everyone is!!!!

Scooby, I'm glad you feel better but that you are crying, too, as that's the best way to cope sometimes. Good for you for planning a workout, if not tonight, then soon.

Babette/Arabella!!! Knew you were out there in deadline land. Thou be better than Hag, as she can't seem to work those 14 hours days as she used to. She is searching for a quiet, nonwriting career for her declining years!

Thy image of seniors leaving on a journey made me sad, but in an ok way. It reminded me of "Cocoon" (sp??), where seniors escaped the stereotypical roles devised for them on earth and flew off to start a new life on another planet. Truly, I hate, hate, hate, the stereotyping of "seniors" ... even hate that word, actually. Change is inevitable as long as we are alive, but the journey has surprises and challenges along the way for everyone, whatever their age. So I like the idea of getting on a bus, or a spaceship, or just getting out of bed in the morning, and following the path wherever it leads. Thanks for the idea!

Punkin o' Friday!!!! It's Friday and thou art all better! Sorry you have to go back to CA but methinks the crystal ball says it'll be a GREAT and FUN trip!!!! For some reason, I thought you were going today, but glad you are here (in the virtual sense). I am continuing to look at job ads in the northwest ... thinking, thinking, thinking! Maybe, someday!

Hmmmm. Now I can occupy myself looking at journals for a sec, then back to school bored.

Have a frightfully fun rest o' the day, Halloweeners!!!
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes, it seems like I have done nothing the last couple of days but take it easy. I do however forget that I have been taking care of a 2 yr old and 11 yr old making meals lunches and clean up from the meals. I think I will go to bed early tonight since I start my 7 day stretch at work tomorrow so i better get the rest while I can. I think Im feeling a little better just tired from not sleeping well because of the cough.
    I have managed to stay on programe today and Im drinking gallons of water, with this cough that can be dangerous, got to make sure the path between me and the bathroom stays clear. Anyway Im rambling now. My evening should be quiet, my daughter is home now to take care of her son, she has been gone since Wed so things will be easier. Everyone take care.