List 400 calorie or less breakfast ideas

You're on Page 4 of 10
Go to
  • My favorite for a long time was a well rounded breakfast (could've used some fruit though)

3 Egg whites scrambled (45 cal)
    1 Morningstar sausage (80 cal)
    1 slice of peanut butter toast (150 cal) or bowl of lower sugar oatmeal (130 cal)
    1 activia light yogurt (70 cal)

With a hot cup of green tea, yum! Total calorie count 325-345 calories
  • I make fritattas on a regular basis. I make one pan at a time which can be cut into four days worth of breakfasts.

The recipe I used most recently:
    4 eggs
    12 egg whites
    1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
    8 oz sliced mushrooms
    1/4 cup feta

Preheat oven to 350. Mix eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Sweat the mushrooms on medium heat in an oven proof skillet (cast iron is fantastic). Once the mushrooms have started to get tender add the spinach. Continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the egg mixture. Stir until bits of scrambled egg appear. Let the egg mixture continue to cook over medium heat until the bottom sets. Place in oven until top is almost set. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and turn the broiler on high heat. Watch closely at this time to keep from burning. The top will fully set and get a nice brown color. Cut into four pieces. Each piece has about 175 calories.

You can also use whole eggs or add any other ingredients that you have on hand.
  • My FAVORITE breakfast:

1 Peeled/chopped apple

add a splash of water and a TON of cinnamon

microwave with lid mostly on for 4 min (till soft)

then add SF instant oatmeal with a little water, stir, microwave 1 min.

1/4 cup of frozen blueberries

1 TBSP raw walnuts

40 Cal container of vanilla SF yogurt

This combination manages to taste like a decadent dessert somehow

ONLY 265 FILLING healthy delicious calories
  • I like combining 1 cup of cereal (130 calories) with 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (60 calories). Sometimes I even substitute the cereal with 1/2 cup of granola (80 calories).
  • I really want to start freezing and prepping my own food for later, like healthy burritos and whole wheat pancakes. Here's a great recipe i found on spark.com

Greek breakfast wrap
    1 cup hard boiled egg, chopped
    1 cup red peppers, chopped
    1 thin slice of onions, raw
    1 oz feta cheese
    100 grams jumbo black olives
    3 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
    1 tsp oregano, ground
    1 thin slice red ripe tomato
    Small whole-wheat pita,(4" dia)

Combine all ingredients except black olives, onion slices, and tomato slices in a covered container.
    Refrigerate for later use.
    When you want a wrap put 1/3 of the filling on a warm pita and add slices of onion, tomato and black olives.
    Add a leaf of lettuce if you want a more salad-like wrap.

Number of Servings: 3
    223.9 calories each
  • A piece of whole wheat toast with 1 T of peanut butter and 1 T of Trader Joe's Superfruit spread, piece of fresh fruit, black coffee. 310-333 calories, depending on what kind of fruit you choose. Another one would be two scrambled eggs cooked in 1 T of olive oil with one piece of whole wheat toast with 1 T of Trader Joe's Superfruit spread. 390 calories. Another one could one whole grain waffle with 1 C of frozen berries and 1 T of whipped cream and a Morningstar sausage patty. 305 calories. If you added one more waffle, that would push it to just barely over 400 calories. You could also add a carton of light yogurt to that to get it to around 400 calories.
  • I didn't read thru all these yet, so I hope this isn't already here.

My FAVORITE breakfast is:
    Thomas' English Muffin Double Fiber Honeywheat toasted
    Morningstar Farms Maple Flavored Breakfast Sausage
    Slice of Kraft 2% American cheese

It's <300 calories and keeps me full until my midmorning snack.
  • I love fried egg sandwiches in the morning - only 210 calories, or a 2 egg omelet with some turkey & cheese, & salsa verde on the side for 227 calories.
  • Here are my two staples for the work morning:

Breakfast 1
    Thomas English Light Multigrain English Muffin (Toasted) - 100
    1 TB of Light Country Crock Butter - 50
    1 TB of Creamy Peanut Butter - 90
    Total Calories - 240

Breakfast 2 (Similar to KatsLovinLife)
    Thomas English Light Multigrain English Muffin (Toasted) - 100
    MorningStar Veggie Sausage Patty - 80
    2% Kraft American Single - 45
    1 TB Canola Hellman's Mayo - 45
    Total Calories - 270

Both are very filling. Breakfast 1 gives me my peanut butter fix & Breakfast 2 was my solution to stop eating Fast Food breakfast! It is a yummy alternative to McDonalds McMuffin's - saves your pocket & your belly!
  • Egg, canadian bacon, and cheese omelet with 1/2 medium red potato hash browns. Sounds terrible, but totally isn't!

2 - 1/4 cup servings of "liquid eggs" (I use the Wal*Mart brand!)

60 calories, 12 g of protein, 0 g of fat, 1 g of carbs.

1 - 1.8 oz. Canadian bacon (Brand dependent, but shouldn't vary much!)

60 calories, 9 g protein, 2 g fat, 1 g carbs.

1 - Slice of Kraft Singles: Cheddar Sharp 2% Milk

45 calories, 4 g protein, 3 g fat, 1 g carbs.

1/2 - Medium red potato with skin

135 calories, 3.5 g protein, .25 g fat, 29.5 g carbs

1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil

60 calories, 0 g protein, 7 g fat, 0 g carbs

Seasonings of your choice! I use paprika and sometimes replace the olive oil with a Greek vinaigrette and it's awesome!

I cube up my 1/2 potato, place the pieces in a plastic bag to marinate and then throw in the oven on 350 until they're done to my liking, somewhere between 30-40 minutes depending on how big/small your cubes are. You can also boil the potato first to semi-soft, oil and spice, and finish in the oven or in a skillet!

Totals:

360 calories, 28.5 g protein, 12.25 g fat, 32.5 g carbs

Something your guy can eat with you and not feel like he's being forced to diet.

Edit: And, just an FYI, throw your 1/2 potato in a tupperware container/bowl face down in water to keep from browning so it's fresh for use later!
  • Steel cut oatmeal - about 1 cup (I make it big batches in the slow cooker and then freeze individual portions. With 1/2cup 1% milk and 10 grams brown sugar this fills you up and is SO much better that regular oatmeal. = 230 cals

Low carb wrap (80 cals 12g fiber), 2 TBS peanut butter 1 TBS jam, roll up and eat on the way to work. Yummy and filling = 325 cals
  • I make this all at one and split it up 3 ways and eat it for a few days.
    liquid egg whites 3/4 c. 90 cal
    Breakfast turkey sausage 3oz 165 cal
    1 slice kraft fat free american cheese 25 cal
    2 oz baby portabella mushrooms(sauted) 14 cal
    couple of little pieces of red pepper for flavor.

cook turkey sausage, then saute the mushrooms and pepper. when all cooked drain excess grease. pour in egg whites and make them scrambled. when done cooking tear up cheese and place randomly on egg mixture. split into 3 even servings. enjoy.

all 3 servings together is 294 calories

1 serving is 98 calories.
  • Breakfast Burrito
    Makes 2 servings - appx. 20 mins. to prepare/cook

2 large eggs
    1 TBSP Skim Milk
    3 Turkey Sausage links (fit & active)
    1/4 c. Diced tomatos & green chiles (drained)
    1/4 c. diced mushrooms
    1 slice chopped red onion
    1/3 c. 2% Mild shredded cheddar
    2 TBSP light sour cream
    2 Whole Wheat Tortillas

Preheat oven to heat tortillas. Cook turkey sausage per package. Whisk eggs & milk then scramble. Chop up onion & mushrooms, add to cooked eggs. Add in tomatos & green chilies, mix well until warm. Chop up cooked sausage add to mixture. Add cheddar until mostly melted. Pile half of mixture on tortilla and top wiht 1 TBSP of sour cream!

It's so good, and very filling. You can switch out or add in what veggies you would like, or add some other toppings (hot sauce, salsa). All should not add too many calories.

1 burrito with filling = 363 calories
  • scrambled eggs and spinach:

~1Tbsp evoo-120 cals
    2 eggs-140 cals
    chopped spinach- negligible, i don't even count veggies calories but ~20 cals.
    total= 280calories and it keeps you full.

you can even add in a cube of cheeze to melt for only about 100 more cals. or a slice of toast, or some fruit later in the morning. also, drink green tea with it, the warmth aids digestion and helps you feel fuller.

this works good for me because i notice that cereals and milk make me feel a bit sluggish in the mornings. i aviod starchy meals at breakfast like the plague!
  • Fiber
    1 cup Fiber One ceral = 118
    1/2 cup 2% milk = 61
    Sweet n low = 0
    Black Coffee, no cream and no sugar = 0

total 179 calories

some days I add a medium banana = 105 calories

those days the total is 284 Calories

Larry,
    --------------------
    Take care of your body. If you don't, where else are you going to live?