Featherweights Plan and Chat in March

You're on Page 16 of 19
Go to
  • I agree about Glory87! She has done a beautiful job of getting slim and healthy and maintaining. Nothing fancy, no expensive plan. Simply, with nice real food.
  • Quote: 129.6

I did not have a granola bar yesterday I tried a ripe banana and it quashed my sugar craving... I had no refined sugar at all yesterday ...
  • Congratulations Ilene and Susan!!!
  • Ilene - Way to go!

Susan - The 120's - awesome :

Today I'm at 127.5!

Fabulous Friday to all Feathers!
  • Susan---what a thrill! You inspire me. That's how I'm gonna feel when I hit 139.5!
  • Congrats Susan and Ilene!

I'm sad to say the business trip, while hopefully good for business, was bad for the waistline. Weighed in two lbs up this week. I hope to have better news to report next week!

Anyone else have to travel a lot for work? My job requires a fair amount of entertaining clients, while I can do OK with what I order from restaurants (although the portion sizes even for a healthier option are ridiculously huge), I have ZERO ability to get my butt into a hotel gym. My gym clothes and gym shoes come with for the trip, but alas, return home unused. Any tips would be most appreciated!
  • This morning I got back on the scale after, like, a week of avoiding it because I knew seeing the same number repeatedly (thanks to pre-TOM) would just stress me out. But I was 127.6! I really hope it stays there.
  • Quote: Good morning!

I'm starting to sound like a broken record but ... I have a magic lunch. I haven't had a mid afternoon snack for ages. I'm not dying for supper and I don't nibble while I cook

Chopped up vegetables (like tomato, cucumber, broccoli) a few grams of nuts, full fat salad dressing and a whole can of salmon.

That sounds really good. How many grams of nuts is a "few"? I'm nut greedy and quite prepared to deceive myself over it ...
  • Doughnut ... about 10 grams. Walnuts, almonds and cashews are my favourites.
  • Today the scale gave up another 1/2 pound.

I am at 127!

I was surprised because yesterday I was hungry and had eaten all my planned meals by 4:00 pm. I think I was hungry because by body knew it was losing.

But I am not moving the chicken until I'm sure I'm going to stay at this number.

I always have a moment of joy at seeing a new number - then a moment of panic wondering how hard it will be to stay there.
  • Well, I'm cautiously optimistic... the scale this morning said 150.8 versus 152.6... which would only leave up a fifth of a lb versus a full 2 lbs. Like Danni,
    I'm going to give it a couple days to see what happens before changing my ticker again.
  • About leaving food on plates--I'm kinda blessed and cursed at the same time, my boyfriend has the metabolism of a hummingbird so when I start to get full, I just give him my plate and he finishes it off for me

Congratulations to everyone losing!!! I'm having kind of a rough time right now--I'm just not losing anymore after I had really great linear weight loss for two or three weeks straight I know it's just my loss leveling off, and that I'll have a whoosh soon, but it's still SO depressing to see that number fluctuate UP.
  • Blah! WHY is the scale so unforgiving? I eased up just a little yesterday--couple of chips and dip, a few hundred calories at most--and I'm up two pounds overnight. whereas it takes a week to lose one pound. @##$%

Now that it's the weekend I have to watch out for a lapse and binge, like I had last weekend. Having my husband and sons around screws me up dietwise, I'm afraid. There's too much handling of food that I have to do. Vigilance!
  • Congrats, Susan, Danni, and Silverstar on seeing the scale move!!!!! Awesome!