Had someone call me an inspiration yesterday! Really?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I went to the local goodwill yesterday to look around. The lady behind the counter that I have seen many times there said every time I come in I keep looking better and better. I just look like my fat is melting away. She then asked how I was doing it, and I said watching what I was eating and working out. She then said You are such an inspiration. I just smiled and said thank you. But inside I was saying really? This is soooo hard sometimes, and I'm not perfect, I give in to food desires at times.

But I'll take it the compliment. Having someone say that to me helps inspire me to keep going....

Just wanted to share.
  • That's awesome. Enjoy it!
  • the goodwill lady isn't the only one who sees you as an inspiration, but it's great that she was moved to say so to you in person!
  • Glad you got such positive feedback. After so many pounds you deserve it! You are an inspiration to us here as well.
  • Woo Hoo!! That has got to be one of the biggest compliments

(I can NOT wait until someone says something like that to me!)
  • thats so cool .. i love when people i dont know say it.. It means then it must really be true... keep it up.
  • Wow! How wonderful of her to say so. That's a hard thing to do, not knowing how the other person will respond.
  • Accept the compliment, you deserve it.
  • That's awesome!
  • That is really great!
  • it's very surreal when you get that compliment....it's the one that will make me want to happy cry!

Peanutsmom is right! She isn't the only one that thinks that
  • I'm so glad you shared this with all of us...you are an inspiration!!
  • That's such a nice thing to say-- and here's the thing. You earned it!!!
  • You are an inspiration and you TOTALLY deserve to have people say that to you!!!
  • You deserve it because you are an inspiration