August Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 22 of 36
Go to
  • Thanks for all the replies!!! I think the type of food I eat is affecting how soon I get hungry after meals.....gonna try more veggies and whole grains. I'm guessing all thos 100 calorie snacks are not very nutritious
  • Good Morning Ladies

I had a late start this morning due to a late night of rocking out with some friends. Which was on the Xbox 360 NSM. I'll be back in a few to catch up. Don't have a workout planned for the morning but I still have to get my boys up and get them on the bus...and grocery shopping.

LTTG ~ It's good to see you back and don't you give up darling. You tell me what you need and you got it. I don't want to see all this hard work go to waste. You can do this. Don't be discouraged darling...just be patient.

Hopefully, things will slow down today where I can catch up. to all the new comers and to all of you staying OP.

Tummy and Sandye...you ladies have emails coming your way and you both are doing fabulous keeping up with everything and doing so well....but goat cheese?...really?
  • Good morning ladies--very late start for me today, haven't even gotten my ST'ing in yet so I'll be back in a bit for personals and such. I love how chatty this group is!!

Be back soon...

Are you drinking your water? Hmm???
  • Good morning everyone!!!! I agree with Jacque, im having a hard time keeping up!!!! thread is very busy but thats awesome!!! Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Morning all

LTTG - You know, sometimes we have good days and bad days and some days we can blast past what we did before and other days just aren't as good. It's just the natural flow of things, today running seemed like my legs were made out of lead and I've been running for over two months, just one of those things I guess. So I think it's good to let ourselves go with the flow and push when we can, KWIM? You've almost lost 10lbs, that's something to take credit for, own that, and men are totally oblivious so that's a huge compliment! If you need anything let us know, we're hear to help

LTBH - Oh how fantastic! Hate to knock the pennigtons but it's so nice to not "have" to go anywahere! Congrats on keeping up with the good food too.

Shasha - Good job on getting to that gym, I admire that late day determination, mine leaves me about 3pm so I better have finished working out by then.

Jessicado and Twilightfan - Welcome aboard, it's never too late to join and the month has only just begun. We're a chatty bunch of ladies as you can see we're on page 10,000 or something and it's only the 7th! But join in, in whatever capacity you feel comfy and good luck. Oh and twilight, I have p90x and am doing some of the videos now to complement my other workouts but I will be starting the program in earnest, in september. We have a sister excersie thread and Paisleyprincess is doing it there.

Mars - A little trick I have is adding some benefibre to water and then have my snack, the fiber helps slow the digestion down and keeps you fuller longer. Whole grains would do this as well but sometimes I just don't want to eat bread. And you're right those snack packs I'm pretty sure have some kind of lighter fluid by-product in them, so you're probably better with some nice whole grains, nuts or something like that.

Delphi - Well little miss unadventurous, goat cheese is great, I like it strong though, I think I killed 99% of my tastebuds with my 10+ years of smoking. It tastes a little like goat and a little like cheese, what could be better?

Mystical - It all sounds so wonderful, from the very stressful pre-move and the move and now look how awesome, 30 shred and weight training on the same day, omg, you're awesome!

CMo4 - Wow everyone having a late start, I'm not usually the first with personals, I feel so special. Ok, so I had a talk with my scale to talk with your scale, you know like in Harry Potter when the pictures go off and talk to each other, yup, just like that. It seemed rational at the time But I think my scale's a big bully so it might work! And I'm drinking my water and coffee simultaneously, ha, so there!

Heather - I agree with Jacque too, it's near impossible to keep up but for me it's this or a bag of chips. Have a great day!

Running was a bear this morning, very heavy legs but my carbs weren't high enough yesterday and I have been working out a lot so that was probably it, no glycogen stores. And I did decide b/f I left today to push it over 41 minutes today which I would like to do regularly, funny how I needed to decide this today, lol.

And if my weight charts have shown me anything, we had some big loss days, then a small loss day, today was the same as yesterday and tomorrow should be up again. It's kind of like a roller coaster ride, weeeeeee.

This morning dh and I are off to bigger town (3000 ppl) 40 minutes away as opposed to big city 1.5 hours away. We've got to return some things, buy some groceries again, (is that all I ever do?) and pick up some bday presents for a party the day we leave for nova scotia. Back for lunch, circuit training and maybe some plyometrics, not sure but we'll see how long the dd sleeps. And it's friday! Wow that week flew by!

Everyone have an awesome great day and I'll be back later. TTFN.
  • Okay, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

NSM~ hey, I'm with ya! I decided to hold off on doing the EA 30DC in full until next month--I think that I jumped in a little too soon due to my frustration with the scale. I will do it here and there I think though--it looks like it's going to be a nice change from Jillian! Glad you're back on your computer, hope that means we'll see you every single day now!

shasha~ well, seeing as how I don't have a gym membership, my answer would be no. However, I see your problem--I think I'd have trouble getting motivated to leave the house and battle traffic to make a class at the gym too! Hmm...I don't know. I guess you could go early and kill some time with light weights or just hang out until the class starts, but if you're talking a couple of hours, that's a long time! Hmm...shoot, I don't know. Sorry, I'm no help at all am I?

jeannep~ good for you hun! You do deserve better than that!! Sorry you felt rotten afterwards, but sometimes that's the best part! It helps to ensure you'll stop eating cookies for breakfast! Hope you have a fantastic day hun!

glutio~ Oh my goodness what a week you've had! I'm so sorry you had your purse stolen--that's just awful! I hope that's the end of your hassles and stress this month!! Don't worry about catching up, we understand! Hang in there and keep us posted! Hope everything settles down soon and that you and hubby live under the same roof again ASAP!

dcapulet~ glad to hear you're back on track! Did the dr figure out what is wrong with your son? I hope he's feeling better!!

Delphi~ Aww, thanks for making me feel better about my LC dear! Man, sounds like you had a heck of a sugar crash!! Man alive! I'm with ya, sometimes it blows my mind thinking about all crap I used to eat! Ben & Jerry were not just a treat, but the other men in my life lemme tell ya! Can't wait to see the email you're sending!

Tummy
    ~ thanks for the info on the HR monitor! Now, do you wear it all day? If so, does it tell you how many calories you're burning throughout the day like Delphi's monitor? I am so cheap--I really don't want to spend a lot of cash on one. However, I think I'm probably not working out at the correct HR and therefore not getting the most out of my workouts so if I'm wanting to see results, I think it's time to get serious about tracking my HR right? Right. I'm going to miss you too! *sniff* What are we going to do without our daily Tummy Wit and Humor? Huh?

FSA
    ~ girl you are always on the go, go, go!!! I think Tummy's right--you need to hire an assistant! I'd step up and volunteer, but I think my kids would go bananas if I spent one more minute on the computer a day!

Jacque~ I know! The thread is crazy this month! Hope all is well with you hun!

khunter~ ahh, a week without the kids...now it sounds heavenly, but I know after the first day I'd be missing the chaos. Congrats on doing such a great job this week! Hmm, buffalo...still haven't tried it yet, but I've heard great things about it!

Nello~ Woo hoo on the 6 lbs!!! Holy cow that's fanfreakingtastic!!! You're so close to onederland! Woo hoo!!!!

Mom~ yeah, my love affair with my scale is officially kaput. I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore! Okay, so I still like it just a little, but it's pissing me off right now. Okay, so time for a pep talk. 5 weeks...let's see, that puts you at almost half way through the BFL 12 wk program right? Almost half way! You should be pretty darn proud of yourself for making it this far! No giving up now! No way! You're almost half way there! And as far as not doing both your upper & lower ST'ing workouts--no harm there, you're only supposed to be doing one at a time anyway! Everyone has off days, chalk up your shorter cardio workout to that--at least you got in over a mile right? That's way more than you were doing 6 weeks ago right? Right! Now, shake off the blahs and take a deep breath--stand up tall and start fresh! Today is a new day, you've come sooo far! Look at what you did yesterday--avoided temptation in a big way! Not so long ago you would have eaten and not thought twice! Not so anymore! You're stronger than that and you know you deserve better! So, take today and make it the best day you can! Grab the bull by the horns and make it yours!! You CAN and ARE doing this!!! Yee haw!!!

looking~ glad to hear you're taking it easy--I know it's hard but taking it slowly now will mean a quicker recovery! Congrats on the 16's!!! Woo hoo! That's awesome!!!

jessica~ It's never too late to join in the fun!! Good luck with your August goals!!

mystical~ I think it's so great your whole family is making changes! My kids are too little to appreciate eating lots of veggies, but most of them are willing to at least try new stuff. Hubby is 50/50 on the whole thing. Still not working out and if left to his own devices, will make iffy choices with his food. I think he needs a good and maybe a few if you ask me! Yay on finding a great grocery store!! Sounds like you got some yummy stuff!!!

twilightfan~ jump right in! This is a great bunch of ladies!!

mars~ ahh yes, the 100 cal snack paks...dang them! I bought a bunch and when I realized that they were still empty calories I stopped eating them. They're great if you're PMS'ing and must have a treat to avoid killing someone, but to rely on...not so much. I think your plan of more veggies and whole grains is a great one!

Heather~ yeah, it's crazy busy, but busy thread is a good thread in my book! Glad you could check in! Have a great day!!

Okay, whew! That took longer than I thought it would!

So, I got my workout in, breakfast eaten, kids fed, coffee in, water started, dishes done...now I don't feel like a complete slouch.

Still nada on the weight loss front. I was ready to pitch my scale out the window this morning--I'm not going to lie. Then I took a deep breath and got my workout stuff on and came downstairs. TOM may or may not still be with me--I can never count him out until a full week passes--he likes to take off for a day and then come back (jerk). So, I'm hoping that with any luck I'll see a drop after he's gone for good. If I don't, well...you might all have to line up and give me a good pep talk k?

Good news on the zit front though! It appears that my chin mountain is decreasing in size! Hahaha! Such a funny thing to be happy about eh? But, it does bring me joy!

Need to find a good crookneck squash recipe--I pulled 3 of them out of the garden yesterday and I need to cook 'em up! I also have some summer squash and zucchini just waiting to be eaten. I'm trying to resist the urge to make zucchini bread...not exactly what I'd consider 'eating my veggies' if I go that route.

Well girls, not much going on here. It's FRIDAY! We have a busy weekend planned and it'll be a struggle to stay OP, but I'll do it.

Okay ladies, get out there and make it the best day ever! We're on the last day of Week One already! Can you believe it? You should all be very proud of yourselves! You've done a fantastic job!! Have a great day girls and, of course, be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
  • I did it!!! I got on the scale today and it said

125.5!!!!

I am ready to celebrate!!!
  • Good morning girls and happy Friday!

Nellonello, congratsssss on the 6lb. loss! :che er: Your doing so great....wow you...sooooo close to onderland indeed! keep up the great work.

twilightzone and jessicado22 Never too late to join, welcome aboard girls.

Hi Jacquee, lol, yes the thread has been flying! Have a great weekend girl.

LTTG, congrats on the loss andddddd on passing up the cake! The NSV's too! Hope your having a better day today and just keep at it because your doing great. In time I beleive you will start feeling the benefits (the feel good, etc.) and by no means are you too old to be smoking! I had a bad day the other day..things didn't go according to plan and I started thinking of my set backs...not good! (except for understanding triggers, learning from mistakes, etc.) It takes a lot of energy when I need all of that energy and focus on my plan and when it hits me (oh and it does sometimes) I have to stop that thought process and turn it around to the positive and put all of that energy into my plan. You really are doing great....hasn't even been a week yet. You lost a good amount of weight last month and the scale is still moving for you. I know its hard when the scale isnt moving but you keep at your wonderful work. Congrats on the workouts too, you still managed to do it despite feeling like that. I can't help but wonder if you would be inspired by some sort of fun dance tape? Something that you enjoy doing and that would bring out that inner sexy diva? lol

TummyGirl, wow the 12th is coming right up, you must be excited. It's tough to get direct flights nowadays, not like the good ole days when it wasn't a problem. oh, by the way....ty for those real kind words the other day about being proud of me etc....it means a lot and goes a long way particularly as you know since my struggle to get back to where I want. TY much Hope you have a great weekend.

lookingtobehealthyyyyyyyyyy, hi there! Oh my...thanks for checking in. I am glad your surgery went well. You must be releived it's over. I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery. Good for you for watching what you eat and drinking plenty of water....being laid up can be extra challenging but being OP will make it more bearable I think. I remember when i was sick and went off plan I was double miserabe! ouch! Anyhow...we are here for you so post away and feel better THe jeanssssssssssss , congratulationsssssss! what a super incentive and the timing couldn't be better! wtg girl!

hi sasha, wtg on the workout and healthy dinner.

Hi MYstical sounds like your doing great over there. Oh you got all kinds of yummy healthy stuff at the store. Having the whole family involved is by far the best.......that is wonderful congrats and thanks for keeping us posted.

twilightfan and jessica too, I think you will love it here girls. Very supportive and great group. I will add you to our members list (last page) and I periodically (every few days or so ) post it but for now I will just do an edit. Welcome to our team .

Hi mars....keep on truckin'. Sugars and bad carbs create insulin spikes and leave us feeling more hungry. I had stopped whites completely (now working again on it) and if I had bread it's alomost always whole grain. Pasta is one of my triggers (white). I would eat it and want to go back for more and more! White bread can do that too, it didn't happen with wheat and what I had read (it's 3x more filling that white) I found to be quite true. Becareful of those whites and also high sugar contents which create than insulin spike and can leave us feeling hungry again in a short time. The girls suggestion of more veggies and fruit is great. I am working on eating my veggies again too, they are fillinggggggggggg and low in cals (just no butter). Some fruits are high in sugar like watermelon, grapes, etc. but are so much better than other things we could be eating. I love watermelon and I would eat that at night instead of grabbing something heavy....I didn't seem to be bothered by an insuling spike. Drinking a lot of water helps keep us full too, etc. and glad the girls often remind us to do that! Hope your having a good new day, just keep at it

Delphi,,,,,,, hi there girl! I looooooooooove my goat cheese, my feta! I'm greek and boy do I love that stuff! DH didn't like it when we were first married but now he is a feta hog, lol . Happy friday girl, have an awesome weekend.

Sandyeeee, hi hope your having a great workout and ty ty ty for reminding us to drink our water. It helps a lot.

I have to go do my workout too. Dh went into work for the morning and is coming home shortly so I better go do my workout now and then get ready. We are going to a bridal shower in the morning. Ok chat more later on, happy friday girls and wishing you all a great start to the weekend
  • Good morning ladies!
    It's a beautiful morning today. Actually it's raining, but I'm in a beautiful mood. I feel extra lucky because I get to read up on your successes.
    It's my friend's birthday dinner tonight and I'm going out of town with my boyfriend on Saturday, but I'm determined that this weekend will not be a weakend.
    I have to remember how good I feel when I'm eating right.
    Have a happy Friday everyone!
  • Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well.

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
    sstolte: get below 210
    jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
    crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs., try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
    canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
    UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
    TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
    Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
    inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
    dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
    Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190, ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
    nellonello: get to 199
    ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
    misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
    UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
    MissMallee: lose 5lbs., eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
    NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
    LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
    MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
    BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
    mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
    merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
    ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
    MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
    Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
    Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
    wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
    chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
    Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.
    Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177.
    bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
    Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! By Aug. 13- reach 10% target. No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21). Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
    princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
    iamren: lose 9lbs.
    Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5
    Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
    Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
    susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
    ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
    loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
    HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
    KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
    lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
    nellonello: get into onderland.
    khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
    Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
    BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
    gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
    rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
    mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
    shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
    naz: lose 10lbs.
    75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
    Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
    sotypical: Lose some weight.
    Ja23: Lose some pounds.
    Jeannep:
    smileydd: to go from 251
    echo: lose 8lbs.
    glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
    jessicado22: get into the 260's. Fit into small size 20 pants.
    twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
  • Jaqueeeeeeee CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS on having met goal!!!!! :c heer2: wtg chicky

I updated the list and you got your red goal met! awesome way to start the weekend girl : ) .
  • Happy Friday Jeanne, have a wonderful time tonight and on your night away with bf .
  • Good Morning ladies.

Jeannep: Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness, which is why if I make any, I will eat like 1 or 2 and then send the rest to work. But we all slip up every now and then. Two cookies won’t derail all the hard work.

Glutio: Bummer about your purse. I would have been flipping out. You seem to be handling all the stress very well.

Khunter: My boyfriend loves gamey(?) meat. I think I heard somewhere that its better for you than beef. I have never tried it before, but will be on the lookout.

Nellonello: Great job on keeping within your points. I don’t know if I would have been able to resist pizza. Yay for the 6 lb loss this month!!! I hope I can only be so lucky as you (although I’m sure you have been working your butt off). My goal for this month is 8 lbs and so far I have 4 more to go. Oooh and almost in wonderland, I bet you are so excited.

Late to the game: I love cake too! That’s great that you were able to pass it up. You know as far as lacking motivation goes, I have days like that too. I remember when I was doing really good a few years ago and lost a bunch of weight slowly, I would have a few days here and there where I had no motivation. I think as long as you can pick yourself up and continue, you are fine. But you still seemed to have done great for not having much motivation. I do so bad at potlucks.

Lookingtobehealthy: Wonderful news about the smaller size . I can’t wait to go shopping either once I lose more weight.

Jessicado22 twilightfan: Its never too late to join.

Mystical: your grocery list sounds yummy . That’s so cool that your DH and rest of your family is in on it with you. It will be so much easier with all the support you are getting.

Mars540: Yes, more veggies and whole grains. I admit though, I have been known to buy the 100 calorie snacks from the store.

Delphi: Have fun grocery shopping. I think I have a trip planned for Sunday.

Tummy Girl: Sounds like you have a very eventful day ahead of you. That’s awesome that you started out the day with a run. I find that when I work out in the morning, I have a much easier time being good for the rest of the day.

Crazymamaof4: Every day I get more motivation to work out and stay OP. I think as time goes on, it will get easier for me to be motivated to go home after work and then go back to the gym for a class. I’m sorry that the scale is stuck. Want me to come over and beat it up for ya?

Jacque9999: Congrats on your loss girl!!! What a great way to start Friday.

So I myself am happy to report that I lost 3 lbs this week. I started out the week at 255 on Monday and now I’m 252. I had to step on the scale 4 times to make sure. That’s even after eating a little ice cream last night. (its ok, I made sure I had enough calories for the day for a little treat). So now I have 4 more lbs to go before meeting my August goal. Tomorrow morning I’m driving up to a town about 2 hours away for a friend’s bday bbq. I don’t know what they are bbqing yet, but I will try to eat the healthiest options. Maybe take up some chicken or veggie burgers to grill. Wish me luck ladies!
  • WHEW! You guys are chatty! I've had quite the whirlwind of a day yesterday. I woke up, ran that second day of the week 1 of c25k, got back, wrote my post for the day on my little blog.. went to the chiropractor... came home, checked the blog (I get like 20ish views per day) and HOLY CRAP, 430 views! I'd apparently gotten a lot of hits, wordpress put me on the front page for the hawt post and I ended up with 861 views. Shocking and nerve wracking lol. Suddenly my little blog I expected few people to see was pretty public. Yikes! The fantastic news is that day 2 of the c25k did not make me sore like day 1 did, so it's fantastic to be able to walk normally and not cringe at the thought of stairs! Woohoo!

I do not have time for personals so sorry!! I'll likely be short on time from here on out. School starts in a week and I've got stuff to prepare, am meeting my sisters for lunch, going shopping with my sister... yadda yadda. Stay on plan ladies and to all of you who lost... WAY TO GO!
  • GRRR! I just lost my post!
    My stupid laptop, I don't know why it does this but if my cursor hovers over a link sometimes it automatically goes there without my clicking it. So here I am trying to type and all the sudden my page goes to an advertisement and when I click back my post is gone!

Anyway I wanted to say congratulations to Jacque and nello on those losses!!

I'm finally away from 176 this morning, weighed 175.2. Down 1.6 for the month so far.
    I also have been taking fiber (psyllium husks) before breakfast or lunch and I think its making a big difference with keeping my blood sugar from dropping as soon.

Well I'm excited about tomorrow. We are doing a bathroom mini remodel, we already have the tile floor done and tomorrow we are going shopping for paint, accessories, and decorations. I'm going with an Asian flair. Hopefully I will get one or two of those little bamboo plants, I think it will look so cool.

Well, I've already spent too much time on here, I spend a long time just catching up on all the posts since yesterday morning, its great though!
    Gotta get to some chores.