Phase 1 Folks -- Join Me!

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Hi, I just started Phase 1 with a friend yesterday. I was a little in shock, but today wasn't near as bad, and I got some cardio in. I understand when you're not feeling well, but try to do something, even if it's little. I got sick last year after working for 9 weeks, and I never went back b/c I didn't stick with it. You can do it!
  • I am concerned about constipation. I would like to add beans a side. What do you use as a bean side. I am big fan of black beans, but usually mixed with sweet corn! Not exactly SB.
  • Beans are definitely needed, Britmum. I like all kinds of beans and usually jazz them up with sf salsa. A bean salad is good too and will last for a couple of days. Try the Taco Bake recipe from Phase I Recipes.
  • Hello ladies, I'm back
    I have been here before and decided to try again
    I have been taking B12 injections since Oct due to my levels being way to low and have lost 10 lbs with no effort at all, well I was stuck and the scale would move so in January I finally broke down and joined a gym, still nothing
    so this past Sunday I decided it was tim to hit the beach again, and since Sunday I am down 5lbs WHOO HOO go me
    I would like to know how often do you weigh in? I am rather addicted to the scale and weigh myself at least every other day. But this 5lbs has me so excited & motivated
  • Last night I tried the ricotta muffins from the site and they were a disaster, I have no idea what went wrong!
    You can also try just adding beans to a salad and adding some seasoning. Or to a soup.
  • Cmartin, check out the sticky in the FAQ Section re weighing!

Usam, I never was a fan of those muffins and just gave up trying them. Perhaps the other Chicks will have hints.

Poochless. This is a great place to give and get support which we all need!
  • Keeping the flow
    Quote: I am concerned about constipation. I would like to add beans a side. What do you use as a bean side. I am big fan of black beans, but usually mixed with sweet corn! Not exactly SB.
    Increasing your water intake and, per the SB book, have a small dose of Metamucil before each meal. I don't have the book handy, but I believe it's a teaspoon of Metamucil with an 8oz glass of water. This will not only help with hunger, but it'll keep ya flowing! Also, rough fiberous foods will help (i.e. raw broccoli).

I weighed myself today and I'm at 240.3! The bigger excitement is that I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in about 2 months and I didn't have to suck in my belly to button and zip them AND there's not muffin top!!!
  • Quote: I am concerned about constipation. I would like to add beans a side. What do you use as a bean side. I am big fan of black beans, but usually mixed with sweet corn! Not exactly SB.
    I made the refired bean soup last night it was delish i added chicken in mine. I also do a taco salad without the shell bowl and add beans in there.
  • Quote: I am concerned about constipation. I would like to add beans a side. What do you use as a bean side. I am big fan of black beans, but usually mixed with sweet corn! Not exactly SB.
    I found a low carb creamy kidney bean salad online and it was excellent. Just do a search for one - there are many. There are lc 3 bean salad recipes, too.

I just finished my taco bake from this board and I'm going to miss it - I'll be making it again soon.
  • I often have half a can of black beans mixed with a bit of pico de gallo, heated in the microwave. Sometimes I add a bit of cheese to the top.

It is a great, fast lunch.
  • Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread, I just started phase 1 on 2/2 as well So far I'm down 6 pounds and I'm thrilled. I am experiencing sugar/caffeine withdrawal headaches though (I am a recovering Coca-cola addict!) but I'm working through it. I know in a couple more days things will get better.

What's everyone got planned for dinner?
  • Meg. The headaches are the SBD "flu". It could be from cutting caffeine. Try a cup of coffee or tea. Are you making sure you have your dairy and legumes?
    Just a word of encouragement: I suffered with constipation in ph1. It's much, much better with phase2 -- apples and more whole grains. Hang in there!
  • Quote: Meg. The headaches are the SBD "flu". It could be from cutting caffeine. Try a cup of coffee or tea. Are you making sure you have your dairy and legumes?
    Thanks for the welcome!! I may try a cup of tea in a bit. I'm definitely getting legumes in but not dairy, is that bad? I'm not a big milk drinker.
  • Meg -- I'm not a big milk drinker, either, but I love hot chocolate and 'mock blizzards'. Milk, It does a body good!