Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

You're on Page 34 of 43
Go to
  • Yahoo, Day 1 lvl 2 completed.

after few days of break. Today i came back to 30 day shred. At first I thought, I should just stick to lvl 1 because i haven't done 30 day in couple of days (and still a bit sick). But staring at Jillian in lvl 1, i just can't bear it anymore. I guess i'm getting too tired of seeing her in the same work out for 16 days. So i told myself, "why not try lvl 2? I can always come back to lvl 1 if i couldn't do it". And I did. And honestly, I feel lvl 2 is sooooo much easier than level 1. I really don't know why. Although i swear i'm sweating double in lvl 2 than 1, but i feel it's so much easier. Maybe it's the result of me getting stronger. Her strength training with weights still kill my arms, but I love it. (The first time i said i love this work out lol).
    The only regret is that I didn't eat in 5 hours before working out so almost in the end, I feel so weak. Tomorrow i'll have to remind myself to eat something 1-2 hours to get my energy up or else i feel like i could pass out lolz.
    Congrats on everyone who is still sticking and almost/did finish this. It's getting better and better
  • Level 1 Day 1 complete. My husband came to check on me while I was doing it, he said it sounded like I was dying, lol.

I'm taking today off - my knee hurts so bad today, so I went and got a knee brace this morning and I'm popping the IB Prophen and I'll pick it up again tomorrow.

I don't really feel it in my abs, but boy can I feel it in my back!
  • I have bad knees, but I have noticed that when Jillian shows us "This is not what I want to see- this is bad for the knees" that I may be doing it slightly wrong and that is what makes my knees hurt. Of course it's different for everyone, but just be really careful that you are keeping the knees behind the toe. I'm on Day 3 of level 1 and the first day my knees hurt pretty bad, but the last 2 days I've paid more attention and today they hardly hurt at all.

PS Did anyone else feel like Day 3 was so hard? Why is it that the first 2 days were ok and today was like the hardest!? I had no motivation, btw. That could be it!

Good luck everyone keep it up, you can do it!
  • [quote=carcar05;2433155

PS Did anyone else feel like Day 3 was so hard? Why is it that the first 2 days were ok and today was like the hardest!? I had no motivation, btw. That could be it!

Good luck everyone keep it up, you can do it![/quote]

with me everytime i start a new level i'm like this is easy i can do it ---and then day two is the worst for me --- everything is sore from day one and i have to push through it=== day three is like a breeze=compared to day 2--- it just is---not sure why--- maybe cause of working new muscles or something===
  • I have decided to only do 8 days of level 3. So I did my measurements and weighed myself this morning. My results are

Weight- 160 Now- 156 Lost- 4 lbs
    Waist- 37.5 Now- 35.5 Lost- 2 inches
    Hips- 41 Now- 37 Lost- 4 inches
    Chest- 38 Now- 36 Lost- 2 inches
    Thighs- 22.5 Now- 21 Lost- 1.5 inches
    Arms- 11 Now- 9 Now-2 inches

Total inches lost- 11.5 inches
  • Ok so first day lvl 1 complete. Oh wow! I've been feeling under the weather lately so I'm not sure if that had much to do with this but I felt shaky during it...either that or I'm in worse shape than I had thought! Level one was about the right speed for me right now and I look forward to the next 9 days and kicking level one's butt (And my own too! )

I kind of want to review my results too, so current digits:
    Weight this morning: 207.3
    Waist - 36″
    Hips - 49″
    Under bust - 39″
    Bust - 43″
    Upper Thigh - 26.5″
    Bicep- 14″
  • Hi PackersBearFan!

Welcome! I am sure you will find the 30 DS to be more addictive than you ever thought!!!

Well, Level 1 Day 5 done for me. Moving up to level 2 tomorrow!!
  • I did level 2 day 2. I'm able to do all of the advanced moves!
  • Finally completed level 1 Day 6 after two days break - it's still tough but it has become a lot easier. Push-ups are becoming so much easier too - I could barely move at the start and now I can move much more!

MJLuva829 - those results are fantastic! Well done!
  • day 2 lvl 2 completed.
  • Lvl 1 day 5! Its getting easier.... But Im sweating like a piggy still...LOL
  • level 1 day 4 done today! I feel really good, the push ups were MUCH easier today- not EASY, but easier.

CONGRATS MJLUVA! You rock, girl! Look at all those inches, gone! Bye bye inches! I hope to see inches lost like that, too!

Keep it up everyone!
  • ok --- so the scale isn't my friend---lol===

so i decided just to make myself feel better about the scale i would check my inches so here they are from a few days ago and what they are now at level 3 day 4

belly across the bellybutton ---39 in----now 38
    right thigh largest part --25 in---now 24 1/2
    left thigh largest part---24 1/2in (different---lol how odd)---now 23 1/2
    right arm largest part --bicep right?---11 in---now 10 7/8
    left arm largest part--- 11 in ---10 1/2
    right ankle --9 in
    left ankle--9 in ----these wont really change (already feel bone there always had skiny ankles and wrists except when my legs were swollen from pregnancy--lol\
    left and right wrists --- 6 in
    right above knee right and left legs-- 17in---maybe i measured wrong last time-- but this time i got 18 for the right and 17 1/2 for the left
    calves biggest part-both legs- 16 in---now 15 1/2 right and just shy of 16 on the left

for a total of ------ around 4 inches in 4 days-- ya i'm not a math genius -so my math could be wrong--- lol === thats why i teach english composition and not math--- couldnt do math if it killed me --
  • Level 1 Day 6 completed. Took Friday off as I twisted my ankle partaking in some Halloween holiday fun. Am hoping I'm feeling up to it tonight. Wish me luck!
  • Finished day 10 of level 1 today. It's taking me forever to complete a level since I'm working it into my exercise routine and only doing it 3 days a week. I start level 2 next week.