Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 30 of 32
Go to
  • missing!
    Hope Sarahs ok and TQ when is she back?
  • I'm here!
    Just got back this evening! Catching up with you chatty lot on here can't get msn to work though boo hoo !
  • Hello did you have a nice time? My msn mess is working!
  • welcome back TQ hope youve had nice relaxing time and didnt worry on the ffod front too much after all whats a holiday for
  • Saw you online veggie and have been trying to get on msn for about 30 minutes.
    Had a great time, spent a lot of time on the beach (!) it was very hot up until Thursday. Never been there before but really loved devon, will definetely go again. Loads of entertainment, especially watching the surfers
    Didn't try the cream teas/pasties/clotted cream ice cream but drank far too much wine and ate crisps for En-g-land! A weight gain is inevitable I think, but could have been much worse

(We called in Wal-Mart on the way home, I want one here!! Could have stayed there for hours.)

Thanks for telling me about the shops Phoebe!!

hope you have all had a good week!!
  • Hello everyone this is a new determined Carol speaking. Truthfully I think I may have found my motvation when I tidied up under the bed - how does so much stuff end up there

I have got my food journal started already and have asked Ray to get my bike down from the loft in the garage - sounds poshier than it really is. Had a shot on my sisters bike yesterday at mums and throughly enjoyed myself so whats stopping me - ME!!!!! So today there is no stopping me.

TQ - glad you had a good holiday. It is many years since I have been to Devon - too long a drive from here. But it is a lovely part of the country. We have rain again - but I am going to go out in for a walk or a ride on my bike - definately need to do something the need is on me.

Am off to be motivated in my house and use a little energy cleaning it - just a little bit, can't do everything at once.
  • Are you still motivated today? Please send me some! I have none.

I was the only fool on the beach in force 10 gales today the dog took some persuading she no fool unlike me she also very cleverly found a huge pile of newly mowed golf course grass to roll in nice!
  • Still very motivated thank you very much. Have had just over 1000 cals today so far leaving nearly 500 left to eat - I am an evening muncher so I need to leave some for the evening while I try to ween myself out of the evening munches habit.

Where is everybody today - it's very quiet around here. Wish I had been on a beach, even if it was blowing a gale. I love the sea and want to move closer to it - Ray ain't so keen.

Anybody want a cheeky mis behaving down right rude 4 year old ? He's going free to a good home I will even pay his train ticket to get there & pack his bag for him. Steven is already in his bed - it isn't even 7 yet - but he is screaming the place down - think that boy has forgotten how to behave. Good job my neighbours don't complain.
  • Muxst be the day for cheeky children, i have one that is really pushing it today! Grrrrrrrrr!
  • Hello there ladies,
    How are you all? Good I hope. I am ok, I think. I haven't posted for such a long time and I feel rather out of the loop.
    My shoulder is still not sorted, I am not following points and I have gained five pounds...AGH! I am not killing myslef over the gain though. This blooming shoulder has given me so much grief over the past five weeks, it's taken every ounce of anything to put up with it. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow so I think I'll crawl in there and ask that an xray or something be done. He did mention a MRI a few weeks back but then it started feeling better with the pills he put me on, now of course, they don't seem to be doing anything to help.
    Now before I ramble on anymore, I hurt my shoulder at work, one of the little darlings I work with pulled down on my arm one too many times when we went on our field trip. So it's some sort of strain I have happening, although someone mentioned today that I might have actually dislocated it...ugh, what a thought!
    So typing has been rather hard to do lately, but I'm in a comfy position right now so thought I'd just pop in and see if I could say hi to you all and see how you're all doing.
    I also need some fresh inspiration to get back to counting points. So any any of you can throw this way would be appreciated. I so badly want to exercise too, but haven't been able to do that with the shoulder pain.
    Apart from being in pain, I feel quite cheery on the whole. I have been able to enjoy sitting out in the garden of late as Dave built a patio recently and all of the flower's we planted are in bloom. I still have just over a week to go at work then I'll have a few weeks off again before working the summer programme.
    We've been to the beach as well, although we didn't stay long as the wind was very high so we kept getting sand blasted, I think I'm still digging the stuff from inside my ears! OK, I've come to the end of the thingy, all of you great girls have a lovely day tomorrow.
    I'll be talking again soon,
    Chris.
  • Hi all

Chris I'm sorry your shoulder has been hurting so much, it must be hard to think about anything but the pain. I have been 'off the wagon' for a while too (no excuse) but started WW a couple of weeks ago - I was put on 18 points for the first week and now I'm on 22, it's going ok but I find it quite difficult to work out the points value of food - I tend to sit in the kitchen with my book open and packets of food all over the place. I go on holiday in 4 weeks so I have to get back on track (I've been saying this for weeks)

Carol & Michelle - think yourself lucky - my 2 and a 1/2 year old had decided that sleep is highly overrated and doesn't need any...for the past few nights she has woken up about midnight and then shouted/screamed/cried for about 2 hours!!! All of us are walking around like zombies - the little
  • hate not sleeping cause the kids are up - struggle to sleep right through the night without any help from them

My two are in bed, but shouting on me constantly so I'm hiding here pretending I can't hear them

Looks like my sister isn't getting married any more - so much for my big incentive. Will just need to find her the perfect man - one with loads of money, good looking, house trained. If I find him might keep him for myself.

Need to find a new motivational tool - wonder if I could persuade Ray to take me aboard on holiday next year if I manage to lose a lot of weight - I know the answer to that already - I am the only one in my house who can take the heat - so better keep on looking for inspiration.
  • Hi all,
    Hope you're getting a bit more sleep Delany. I hate having my sleep broken too. Hannah woke me up a few weeks back, she had heard a strange noise, and I didn't sleep for the rest of the night after that.
    I went to the docs yesterday. He is putting me in for some physical therapy, 3x a week if my work approves paying for it, so hopefully that will get me sorted.
    It's been warmer here today but very humid, and the doc said that won't help me cos the humidity makes my joints swell more which is why i am in pain in the first place cos they're all inflamed

Had a thunder storm earlier, I'm not too worried about them now, cos we had hellacious one's out in AZ, and this was rather a mild one. I happened to be out in the woods though at a day camp, waiting on J having an orientation for his first paying job. I had the umbrella up, but soon whiped it down and jumped back in the car, so I didn't end up frazzled.. I told J I was enjoying sitting in the rain with my brolly and he just raised his eyebrows and said he was so glad I was out of sight....I wonder why?
    Right, I'm off to do some more reading before heading up the wooden hills for bed.
    Take care everyone.
    Chris. x
  • We got our first good nights sleep last night - I drugged her with calpol I thought the best thing to do was break the cycle by 'making' her have a good nights sleep - it seemed to work, lets see how tonight goes now...

Carol - LOL - I too pretend not to hear the kids when I'm on the computer. I hope your sister's ok - when was she planning on getting married? For your big incentive, why don't you plan a big shopping trip, you could talk dh into it by saying it would be cheaper than a holiday?

I had my first day sticking to 1500 cals yesterday - and managed it - just about. Today's going to be a bit of a test though 'cause I'm going shopping and Deli France calls me - infact I can hear it now...
  • Deli france? Ooh la la!

Thunder its taken me 33 yrs to cope with thunder & lightning last week I was on a golf course when lightening started all I could think was you read about people getting struck by lightening on golf courses dont you? Im scaredy cat.

No I wasnt playing BTW!