Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 3 of 32
Go to
  • Easter is over here too!! There are a lot of chocs around but they do belong to Harry, he kept trying to thrust pieces of Yorkie into my mouth yesterday, I told him it was ok to save a couple of pieces until later if he didn't want to eat it all, the look on his face made me smile......." as if anyone would do that mummmy!!"

So the diet journal has the dust removed today and away we go again, we went for a long bike ride yesterday called at a few pubs along the way,saintly sparkling mineral water soon turned into large glasses of wine by the second pub!! The third pub was a Brewers Fayre and Dave begged me to eat out, i kept saying no. It was getting late so we ordered food for Harry, he ate his meal and then off we went bound for home, conveniently DH needed the bathroom as we approached the next hostelry, we sat outside and had another drink. By the time we arrived home it was 7.40pm.
    The next thing I knew we had ordered an Indian takeaway it would have been easier calorie wise to eat at the brewers fayre , still it was delicious and I managed to say no to the free bottle of wine that arrived with it!! I didn't give it them back though just didn't drink it.
    You know the funny thing is I do not feel guilty about it,I just have to get back to it today.This Easter has been really different for me I havent eaten choc in large quantities but have been out to eat every day........just got to get back to it now, good luck everone hope you all had a good Easter weekend!!
  • Hi Folks

Well DH has his last day off today so we are out to lunch. After that I really need a good couple of days before I go to Dublin on Saturday. I was quite good yesterday and also the day before so I don't thinkl I will have gained anymore so far.

I didn't have any easter choc in fact, I didn't have anything at all so last night I got down my Xmas Choc and did have a little of that.

I also will be around a little in the day time whilst I am off school and look forward to meeting you all on line.

Sarah, I love lamb, but not so keen on NZ, can't beat english or welsh, it just doesn't taste the same, I know NZ is supposed to be reared better but I think it has a tang to it which I just prefer not to have.
  • That TQ was really drunk last night she kept me up passed my bedtime I so didn't want to get up today spent all morning on my own in the IT suite which is rubbish nothing works and its all brand new!
  • I agree with TQ's Harry - if you've got it, eat it!!!

Jan - how on earth could you still have some Christmas choccie left - that is INCREDIBLE self control.

I don't know about lamb really.... its not a favourite of mine no matter how its cooked (its the texture) but Kevin likes it. So I insert lots of slivers of garlic and the ends of rosemary stems in to it and 'paint' it with freshly squeezed lemon mixed with warmed redcurrant jelly then I put finely chopped rosemary and some light seasoning all over it and then cook it until its well done - and it really doesn't taste much like lamb as I remember it as a kid - in fact it probably doesn't taste like lamb at all, but I only have a little of it and it does taste reasonably OK.

I need a bit of advice: I sold a video on eBay and the buyer send me a postal order (duh!!) - what do I do with it now?? I've never had one before.
  • That was Easter, but now it is over and it's back to work again for the next 30 days or so. Aah well.
    No Chocolate and only 2 Hot Easter Buns - I think I did well. And it sounds like most of you did too!!
    Weighed in on Monday and hadn't gained but hadn't lost either. Back to the real stuff this week and hope that some of it will come off this week.
    TQ, I thought York was just wonderful when I was there. It is such a wonderful old city. Just loved that Shambles. I remember we went on a Ghost Tour on night. It was the funniest thing I'd been on for a while. That man had me in fits.
    Time for bed. Have a good week everyone
    Joy
  • sarah you take it to the post office and they give you the money for them
  • You've never had a postal order? You sound like the Queen or someone
  • LOOK it says moderator under my name Im cool admit it!
  • Aol is going up a pound cue bad language unbecoming to big and cool moderator
  • big and cool ehh!! god save us from mad woman with power
  • I can hear you you know
  • hey hey .........listen carefully!!........................did you hear that one, it was telepathic does that still count as aboosive
  • Yes you should be ashamed of yourself Now can I get back to talking to TQ on msn please
  • I can do both tho am clever!
  • i suppose self praise is better than praise