Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 16 of 32
Go to
  • Just had to report in that I have eaten like an angel - so far today. The exercise has been none existant but there is still plenty of time for me to do something about that. I think a walk may be in order but although it looks nice and sunny out there it is freezing.

Well the plan is drawn and the story is writ. My first goal is to get to 14 stone, 26lbs away - how approx I don't know I haven't been on the scales. I have loosely set myself a timescale of having reached that by the time the schools go back in August.

I am going to weigh in on a Sunday from now on. I am also going to measure myself on the 1st of every month and log the stats in a spreadsheet.

I am going to eat 1500 cals a day, with an extra allowance of 250 on a Saturday. Anything above that must be saved.

Cheese and a little alcohol are weekend treats only. Crisps are strictly ration too, not a packet every day or 2 or 3 as used to happen. Chocolate is a recent fad of mine - I never used to eat adn I will be strictly watching how much of it I eat now.

I am going to exercise for 30 mins a day and have a walk either in a Saturday or a Sunday.

I am going to get back to swimming once a week - pool shut this week and next Monday (only night I can go) is a holiday so it's shut then too.

Think that covers what I've planned so far.

Veggie Gareth is on the radio and I'm singing along as I type - sure you understand
  • Nooooo I do not understand Gareth who???? I have sigh just heard via 1571 that have interview tomorrow when will the interview **** end this is the third bit of call centre rubbish job thing I have been there THREE times you'd think it was a good job or something!

Hope everyone avoided the giant hailstones today what were they all about? Scary! If you have not had them expect them soon!
  • WILLS ON THE NEWS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Have to admit turning the radio up and singing along to Will earlier. Was in the car so no one had to listen to me warble.
  • COME ON BAYBEEEE LIGHT MY FYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  • Oh no Veggie you did hear me - didn't think I was that in tune though

Need to reinstall MSN, had to rebuild my PC and not put it back yet. If I had Veggie we could have been having a proper chat instead of following each other around here.

Gotta go now get everything organised for tomorrow morning. Not chasing my tail again tomorrow, if It's nice I want to get out for a walk first thing - committed - I should be

night
  • Yes chatty chatty!! I like that!

THERES NO NEED TO WALLOW IN THE MYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
  • EEK big freakin hailstones back I'm scared.
  • You lot must be getting America's weather from yesterday, there were giant hail stones, loads of rain and we we were under a tornado watch which I wasn't pleased about. I spent most of the evening watching the weather channel and trying to figure out how me, Dave, J, Hannah, Pen, Lew and the aquarium would all fit in the downstairs loo (no windows), it's that small in there when you sit on the loo, your knees are very close to the sink.
    IO was having a melt down at the time that the tornado warning came on too, so didn't have a fun evening as such. Have taken a mental health day off of work today and feel better for it
    Hope everyone has a great week. Later tater's.
    Chris.
  • Chris What's a mental health day??

Yes - I think we HAVE got your weather (except for the tornado) - the winds have died down a bit overnight - its just pouring with rain now. I got caught out in those giant hail stones yesterday.... ouch! The really strange bit was that they seemed to come out of nowhere - it was brilliant sunshine with a high wind, no big black clouds, just fast moving little white fluffy ones - so I hadn't bothered putting on a coat... just had sweatshirt and jeans on so the hailstones REALLY hurt And they really trashed my garden - all my little baby veggie plants are all ruined - so I will have to start again.

Carol - your plan sounds really good! 1500 a day sounds about right when you are exercising for 30 mins. Good luck and I am sure you can do this.
  • I could do with a "mental health day". Don't they also call them duvet days in America?

Where is everyone today? I am lonely, it is very quiet!
  • Mmm duvets sleepy sleepy mmm zzzzzzzzz.
  • It has been quiet around here today. Only taken me 5 minutes to catch up with all the posts - so far.

You would have been amazed at me today - I was at a meeting with lunch provided. Lovely little sandwiches with filling and salad. I had cheese and cucumber and watercress, but I picked the cheese out and left it on the side of my plate. I ate the ham and chicken salad ones and had no crisps. Quiet impressed with myself really.

Even have enough points left for a glass of wine. Ray starts his nightshifts tomorrow night, he's now doing 12 hours shifts, Wed / Thur / Fri nights so we probably won't have a proper conversation again until Saturday afternoon. So the wine is an excuse to snuggle up together. If we get all romantic like this every Tuesday night, maybe his shifts won't be too bad.

Exercise still a nightmare - Didn't manage to get out of bed for that walk this morning, was far too comfy and it was pouring outside I did walk for 30 minutes around Edinburgh which is better than nothing

Tomorrow I'm taking the boys swimming in the evening so maybe that will give me the kick start I need when I see how tight that swimsuit feels.
  • Oi Carol you got msn back yet? Me and TQ are chatting now! Sounds like one of those adverts fat chicks are waiting to speak to you
  • Trying to as we type. If it works be there in a about 5 minutes