Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default ALLI~March into SPRING!!!

Hello all. I figured since I used to start the threads and no one had done it yet this month, I would start this one also. Hope you don't mind.

I am doing well. I went to the GYM M-W-F-SAT!!! 1 day more than what I promised myself I would do. I was there right away today also so I am over 100% for my personal goal!

I will weigh in tomorrow and see if it is helping with the weight loss, I know it is helping get me healthier, so either way it doesn't matter.

Well Lets get March off to a great start...
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #2  

Default Starting back with Alli

Hi all,

I've just started taking Alli again but can't remember. Can someone tell me how many fat grams I need for it to be worthwhile? I eat a very low fat breakfast so don't take it then but I plan to for lunch and dinner. Do you think it can work well with Weight Watchers?

Thanks
Rachel
hoodling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #3  

Thanks for getting us started Still. I was going to do it tonight, but you beat me to it! I am proud of you for hitting the gym as often as you are. When we get home (maybe Wed. or Thurs.), I'll be getting back into the Y routine. Actually, I may wait till next week since there will be stuff to get done after being gone since Jan. 29. Not looking forward to going back to the cold weather.

Rachel, the number of fat grams you need depends on how many calories you are supposed to be eating. I don't have any of my information with me. We are in Florida right now. I know for me, I'm allowed to have 19 (I think) per meal. I usually took an alli if I was over 5 grams in a meal. I rarely took one with breakfast. It seems like someone else was combining alli with Weight Watchers, but I have no idea who it was or even if they are still posting here. Let us know how you are doing!

While we were at the condo in GA, we were eating pretty well because we were able to cook. Being on the road and staying in hotels again, there have been some choices of food that I've made that haven't been the best. I haven't gained anything though.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Still
You are doing great.

Tammy
Hope you are having fun.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I went to the gym yesterday morning then last night a girlfriend and I went for a power walk for 2.5 miles...OMG that was hard, but fun. And I am down 1 more pound!!!! YIPPY!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #6  
Rennie

Still
See, we knew that weight would start comeing off again, congrats.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

Thanks Shy, now I only have 10 more pounds to lose before I am where I was this time last year! But I will get there!!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #8  

WTG Still!!!! Woo hoo!!
I'm looking forward to getting into a routine again. We are in Lake City, FL, tonight. It started storming, so we just stopped and got a room for the night. We'll get an early start in the morning. Not sure how far we plan to drive. They are having an ice storm at home, so I'm really not all that interested in getting there any sooner than we have to!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #9  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I have made it again today to the GYM, I did 50 minutes this time...lol I am inching my way up to a full hour each visit! I know I will get there eventually...

I feel better, and actually look forward to going. I did 15 on the bike, 15 on the treadmill and 20 with weights.....so I am moving right along....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #10  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Been Awhile

Hi girls...

Still, you're doing great with the exercising! I am finally walking at least three days a week. Keeping my pedometer on even the days I do not walk. It's amazing how many steps one takes in a day!

Tammy, eating out is (I believe) one of our biggest challenges. It is a social thing...nice to sit across from a table with DH or a good friend sharing good food and good conversation. I have found it to be very difficult to me to stick with the program when we eat out. I held my weight the last couple weeks but so many 'social' things were going on that included food I am lucky I didn't gain.

Hi Shy and Hooding!

Where is my sis???

Brighten

For every 5lb lost
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

Brighten, I agree about eating out, that is VERY hard to do. I am glad I dont do it that often.
Your doing great, keep it up!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #12  
Rennie

still
Nice going. Won't be any time at all and you will be going forward at a speed that will set all of us on are heals.

Tammy
Such a beautiful day today. Warm and sweet and pretty sky's

brighten
Nice to hear from you. Keep that walking going. It is so great for you.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #13  
Gettin Closer!!

Well I didnt make it to the gym today, I will have to go tomorrow to make it up, I was kinda sick last night, and didnt feel the best this morning, so I will go when I get off work tomorrow instead.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #14  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default losing again...

Two more days to weigh-in for me but had to weigh for a challenge on the Alli site...and I will be gone next week so will not be able to post for a week so here's an update:

After a three-day stuggle off program I got right back on it and with walking three days a week and counting everything I put into my mouth I finally hit my 20 lb mark by losing 3 lbs this week.

That averages out to 10 lbs a month since I started on January 14th of this year.

It proves to me that counting calories/fats and being patient really does work. Our off days are the real test of our determination to keep on the program. I will be relieved and happy when one day I realize 'my weighing in' is no longer an issue to how I react to my day. It will be as natural as brushing my teeth every morning. When I reach my 'realistic' goal it will be my habit to step on the scale (my new friend) every morning to be sure I do not gain it back.

Thank you Still, Tammy, Shy, Sis for being faithful to this site...coming here whether I lose, gain or stay the same is a God-send for me. Thanks again!

I love you sis!

Brighten

For every five pound loss
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #15  

Still, it is great that you are enjoying the gym and are feeling better. I'm sure I will too once I get back into the routine.

Shy, yesterday was beautiful! We made it home about 5:30, and now we have snow everywhere!! I want to go back to GA!!!! lol

Brighten, it amazes me at the number of steps I take when I look at the pedometer. I should wear it every day, but I forget! Eating out is a challenge. Hubby and I have started splitting more meals, and that is helping. Since he has been ill, he just doesn't eat as much.

20 Pounds is awesome!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!! And we thank you for coming to this site also!! It's a great group!