Old 03-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #76  

Default Thank you for the Welcome

I have been visiting the forum and there is so much information here. The before and after pictures/stories are a real encouragement. I remember when I met my goal the first time. I have learned my lesson. Once I reach my goal again, my scale shall become my best friend. lol It is easier to take off a few pounds then it is to take off another person.

Annie (who has lost another pound making it 12 so far)
Dinkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #77  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Well ladies, I have an issue! Water retention...OMG! I know it isnt possible that my sugar overload (which consisted of 2 handfuls of whoppers and 2 bite size candy bars) on Sunday caused me to gain 7lbs! I was at 173 and was doing great, then I had Easter and got to have my sugar...well I have been to the gym Monday and Today 45 min each time with cardio/weights. I usually dont weigh in on Gym days because I drink 30 oz of water by the time I hit the scale, well I did today and I am pretty mad. My scale (which is usually good to me) showed 180 this morning. I mean I realize it will take a couple days or a week to Flush all that sugar crap away, but OMG!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #78  

Still - did you eat ham??! Any time i eat cooked ham it's so salty that i retain so much water and wake up at 3am DYING of thirst. I honestly dont think a bit of sugar can = 7lbs. But who knows. I would blame ham, or easter dinner.

I am scared to hit the scale today.
Lilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #79  
Gettin Closer!!

we had turkey for dinner Saturday, then on Sunday we had Turkey again for Lunch, then at dinner time I ate *maybe* 3-4 oz of ham, that is IT. hmmmm

Yeah I feel BLOATED and NASTY.......so I know it isnt 'real' weight, but it sucks either way!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #80  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Lilly
Hope you are feeling better.

Annie
Many people take Alli as a boost. For some people the physiological results are just as important as the pounds on the scale. I say if it is safe, if people are getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups in a day. What is the harm.

Still
Ohhhh today is the day for the bloaters lol. I feel so bloated and it makes me not feel good at all. DOT is due in a week so that may be the reason not really sure.

TAMMY
Where are you
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #81  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy, thankfully I don't have to worry about DOT/TOM anymore, not for 13 years, but man, this bloating stinks. I have been to the restroom about 15 times already today, so I am sure it is pure water......
Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #82  
Rennie

Still
Better out than in I have heard lol. They wanted to do a hysterectomy on me because the DOTs are going where I can skip one and they can be heavy sometimes. I was going to have it done but then I was losing weight so well I didn't want to mess that up. I get down to goal and stay there for a year I might go ahead and have one done. So many things a woman doesn't have to worry about after having that surgery lol.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #83  

I'm here! Just haven't been on here! lol Shy, when we moved here 2 years ago, we ended up selling our old microwave at the auction we had since this house had a built in microwave. I do miss the old one, but we really didn't have the counter space for it. I have to agree about the dishwasher. It was here when we moved in. We use it from time to time, but we hand wash quite a bit of dishes.

Lilly, glad to hear you are over whatever it was that you had!

Welcome to Dinkster (Annie)!! 12 pounds is super!!

Still, I'm sure that gain is a fluke and it will be gone quickly!!!! Especially if you keep running to the bathroom!!

I have been going through papers in our desk today. Our shredder is quite full. I should have done it yesterday because our trash went this morning. Next week! My hubby is working on supper. Beef roast, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Sure smells good out there. He browned the roast first, and then drained off any grease that was there. He is a good cook.

I'll be busy the next several days. There is a Men's Emmaus Walk going on at a church near here, and I'll be there volunteering in the kitchen and mail room. It is alot of fun, and I get to be with several of my friends. I know most of the men who are on the team for the weekend, and I know a few who are going on their Emmaus Walk for the first time. They are in for an amazing weekend!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #84  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy, I had to have a hysterectomy after my son was born 13 years ago, I had such trouble with that aspect of being female. I am glad to be done with that nonsense!

Last edited by StillTryin; 03-26-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #85  
Rennie

Still
I have never had any problems. They just wanted to do it because they said I don't need the parts so why not get rid of them. So many things that can't go wrong or go bad if you don't have them lol.

Tammy
We have a star system, even now, for the kids to get allowance. Friday is allowance day. We looked at the chart and guess who did most of the chores ( hey anything that burns calories is ok by me ). They were sure glad they had helped with spring cleaning because they didn't get anything for chores last week lol.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #86  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy, I hear ya....it cant break if you don't have it..lol

Well, my bloating is easing a little down 1 pound of water today....I'm pretty sure that within a week I will have lost all of this water weight! I have done real well, I had some candy Sunday and Monday, but had my fill so I havn't had any candy/sweets since. I think I will stay with the NO SWEETS, instead of NO SUGAR! Since there are a few things (like corn flakes) that I like to have without additional sugar added that have sugar IN them already....
Old 03-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #87  

As long as it's natural sugar, or very minimal amounts it's fine. The yogurt I eat has 4g of sugar in it.

I haven't been able to tak e apill since Monday. I think I have a stomach bug though i can't be sure. It could jlsut be that the severe diariha had a huge told on my stomach etc.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #88  
Rennie

Still
Sugar isn't bad as long as it is a small part of our diet.

Lilly
Sorry you aren't feeling well. It must be what is going around all over the place. I keep feeling like I am trying to get something. I figure if I walk enough it won't catch me lol.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
I figure if I walk enough it won't catch me lol.
LOL !

I never thought of that. My stomach is still sore today. I have no appetite. I think I am partly dehydrated from the diarrihea(s?). but it's gone so i might start taking pills again today. depends what or how much i end up eating.

last night i had to get hep A vaccine and a tetnus shot for our upcoming trip to mexico. my arm is SO sore today. ic ould barely lift it to press the button to get my parking ticket.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #90  
Gettin Closer!!

Shy and Lilly, I dont have a major part of my diet with sugar by any means, I just wont add sugar to anything or make sure I dont have anything with LOTS of sugar.

My crazy water weight is leaving rapidly (THANK GOD!!!). I checked my weight today and I was down to within 3lbs of where I was last Friday...so within another few days I think it will all be gone!