FEB 11-17 Losers and Friends....

You're on Page 6 of 9
Go to
  • Just dropping in after my lunch. It has been a POP day so far and I'm doing much better on my water. I WILL HAVE A GOOD WI ON FRIDAY!

Kimberly - It is always a shock to see yourself in a picture....I still see myself as 60+ lbs heavier. It amazes me when people compliment me.

Amy - Good luck on hitting the 50# mark! How do you plan to treat yourself?

Tues - Size 12 is awesome, congrats Oh and thanks for the opinion on a dangerous dog. We have a small dog that can be pretty nasty sometime. In fact she snapped at me this morning when I was making her get out of the bathroom trash.... She starts misbehaving when she realizes we are leaving. I think she has separation anxiety and just demands more attention that two working adults with a 5 year old DD can give her. She is extremely jealous of my DD and will growl etc when she thinks DD is getting what should be her attention. She has never snapped or tried to bite Cassie because I'm afraid that would have to be an immediate removal. We are considering a companion dog or giving her to a good home. My concern with the later is that her sometimes mean streak wouldn't go away with more attention and then she would hurt someone. I just don't know!

Dan - Glad to hear that the bad food didn't stick around too long...and good advice as always!

Hi Katie, Dionne, Laurie and anyone else lurking out there.

I saw the posts about pre meal munching...I'm bad for that. If I know I'm preparing something that is going to take a while I will save a dairy and have a couple of ounces string cheese or sometimes I will peel and slice a cucumber (absolutely love cucumbers). Gives me something to snack on while I'm working

Better run! Hope this rest of your day is POP!
  • Hello every one! HOpe everyone is having a great Hump-Day. I went off plan today, I think it is just the cold weather (20s) verses being in the mid
    60's yesterday.

Anyway, wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINES Day Tomorrow and good luck staying OP.

Not much else going on with me. The boys are being have, the dogs are too, so. House planning is coming along. Haven't gotten started yet, so reality hasn't set in. Probably will be about another month or so.
  • Katy, I've also been a big fan of the cucumber. I slice it up into "chips" .
    I bet the string cheese probably works similiar in triggering the satisfaction hormone as the almonds. I have to eat the almonds at work, as if I wait until I'm home, I can eat a lot before that satisfaction thing starts kicking in. I need to take more almonds to work though.

Amy from Dixie, Hope the house construction gets started soon. It is so exciting after all the planning to see it start to be built. Of course then it takes forever to get finished too. I don't know if a log home is a lot more time than a regular one, but it does seem like it might be.

I did the elliptical last night while I watched the biggest loser (well first hour anyway). Got up this morning and went to spin class first thing too. So now it feels rather good to just sit here in the office. My legs get tired, but it said that I burned 900 calories on the elliptical and I think the spin class is about 700 calories, so that is 1600 calories between dinner and breakfast. I did eat my bar early in the afternoon. So hopefully I will make it through... perhaps the vicativ calcium chews and some EFA pills will help me from going to starbucks and having another one of those skinny mochas.. I seem to justify those way too often.
  • LA closed in WA and many other areas. I understand they were selling programs days before they shut the door.
  • ]202.8 this morning! my valentine goal, for me, is actually for Sunday. We are going to a Valentine Banquet.... so I have 3 days to lose at least 2.9.. I know I am the step child around here but old habits die hard.... I am doing TO today and tomorrow with grapefruit and Lunas..... I can almost see Onderland already!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
  • I've wondered what the step child on your Avatar meant and am still wondering! I've read your posts and think of you more as the "wise" advisor! You CAN do it!

Here's to a happy vd to everyone, and especially good vibes to you on the home stretch to onderland!
  • Happy Valentine's Day! Here's hoping no one gave you chocolates

Had a great POP day yesterday AND got all my water in. Scale is being more cooperative but I won't call it a loss yet since it appears I'm just getting back down to where I was before last week's gain of 2lbs. Don't think I'll make my Vday goal but I'm just glad to be back on track

Well, I better get back to work...just here part of the day since I'm going to DD's party at school. I will need some will power to resist the ice cream sundaes BUT seeing the scale finally move in the right direction helps! I don't want to blow my successes on a kids party!
  • Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day! DH and I did our valentines dinner and gift exchange last night since we have church tonight. He came home and surprised me with a dozen yellow roses and a white gold ruby ring! I was definitely surprised. I was also proud, he didnt buy me any candy, not even sugar free!

Another good Valentines present today, Scale says 230.4, so I hit my first goal I set for valentines day, and I definitely expect to hit 229 by Saturday! It feels so good to be back on track!

I hope everyone has a good Vday and keep the candy chompin' to a minimum!!!
  • Happy Valentine's Day everyone. DBF and I bought an eliptical for our gifts to each other. It will be delivered next week and I can't wait.

I'm having such a hard time staying OP and since the COD closed I just do not eat the lites any more. So with that said, I think I'll try the blue plan for a month and see if that works any better for me. I've been writing down everything I've been eating and I don't think I've been eating enough. So I'll give this a whirl and see how it goes.

Hope you all have a POP day. I'll check back in later.
  • Happy Valentines Day everyone.

I also failed to meet my valentines day goal. I had a very plain cupcake lastnight my very 1st cheat and this morning i was up 2lbs. I cant believe how mean the scale was this morning. I really hope it has to do with TOM or something but i dont know how likely that is since i'm breastfeeding and dont get TOM right now. I'm just so upset with myself.

Well i hope everyone has a POP day, i sure will!
  • Hi everyone!

Boy, I've been MIA entirely too long!!! I've been lurking off and on though.

Kimberly - WOW!!! You look amazing!!!

Amy - thanks for missing me.

Katie - so sad about your dog. But you're right...you have to think of your children's safety.

I apologize for anyone I'm missing. I'm so far behind on posts that I just scanned this thread to try to get caught up.

As for me, I've moved into a new (bigger) office at work and now I can't find anything. I'm going on a cruise in May...woohoo!!! 9 days to the Caribbean. I've never been on one, so I'm super-excited. We're taking DD too, of course...I couldn't imagine being away from her for that long. Weight has been up and down...more up than down But I'm working on that. Other than that, pretty much same old, same old. I have missed you all very much, though!!!
  • Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

*virtual roses to all the ladies here*

Sorry some of you didn't quite make your goals, but with spring around the corner (in some places ) now is the time to shake off the winter blues and start working toward the need for new spring and summer clothes in smaller sizes... And time for me to go to Dillard's to see if their Polo rugby shirts are any cheaper than they were a few weeks ago!

Stay away from the chocolates and the cookies as best you can today.. Remember this... Think about how sweet the victory tastes when you can walk away from the office candy box.. If someone leaves you candy on your desk - RE-GIFT!!!

Have a great day all, and may the POP be with you...
  • Dan ... I already thought of that ... the lollipop is already gone.

Thanks for the virtual rose (we won't tell your wife your handing out roses to other women)

DO YOU JUST LOOOOOVE Dillards. I have to go to Richmond VA to get to one, but it is worth the hour or so trip down the road

I plan to see no "W" or "X" behind my number size by Spring Break. This will be my personal fight between now and Easter (this year I vow to rip that Chocolate bunny's head off and throw it in the trash, not bite it off
  • Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!

Dan- Thanks for the virtual rose.

Kelly- You are so funny. Rip the bunny's head off.

Emmysmom- I'm sure that you will get your weight leveled out before your cruise. How exciting.

Debbie- Don't be to hard on yourself. Slip ups happen just get back on track

Laurie- I hope that you enjoy your eliptical.

Kimberly- congrats on making your first valentine goal and I am sure that you will make your goal for Saturday.

Katy- be good at the school party

Everyone else that I am missing stay POP and have a great day.
  • Happy Valentine's Day!

The scale moved!! I am down 1 lb this morning...after being stuck for more than two weeks, I'll take it.

Dan - Thanks for the flowers...gosh, you did better than my DH. lol

Okay, so DH did take me to dinner last night (we wanted to beat the crazy rush today). Tell me how bad I did...be honest. I had a salad, coconut shrimp, steamed green beans, and cheese fries (but, just a few). I usually avoid eatting out much because I'm not good at making the best food choices. So, how much extra water, etc. should I do to keep those fries from going to my hips??

Congrats! to everyone who made their Valentines goal...or even came close. I only made it half way. I tend to set my goals a little too high...need to be more practical.

Emmysmom - We love to cruise! We're getting ready for our 7th cruise this summer. Check out cruisecritic dot com. You can get a lot of great ideas and information for cruising on their message boards.

So, we are heading out of town this weekend...going camping with family. This is always a difficult time for me to stay OP, but I am determined to be strong.