Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #91  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I read a quote from Wynona Judd the other day that I thought you would all appreciate: "I am declaring this year independance day from the scale. I am not going to weigh every single day anymore. I think that women weighing every day is as stupid as a man measuring his manhood every day."
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #92  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

lol That is so funny!!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #93  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Paula- Congrats on the loss! Keep it up!

Debbie- Don't be too hard on yourself... just use it as motivation. You're doing great!

Kim- Wow... how does it feel to make your goal?!?! You've done awesome! Have a great VDay... just keep away from the chocolates and stuff!

Lettie- I too must have missed the step child thing... if you don't mind telling I'd like to know!

Cindy, Katy, Laurie, Tina, Dan, Kelly, Dionne and anyone else who is lurking this morning... hello! Have a POP VDay and have fun!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #94  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie - Here is an interesting thing that I saw today. I'm in the doctor's office and they have TVs with some sort of health satellite channel playing constantly. So this health channel says it is GOOD to weigh yourself everyday to maintain a healthy weight...so that extra weight doesn't creep up on you. I felt like my scale addiction was validated...wanted to shout "woohoo" right there in the office, but of course I didn't. lol
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #95  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Paula - I've heard that, too, about weighing yourself every day. I was happy to be able to validate my addiction, too And thanks a bunch for the cruise website. I didn't check it out yet, but I will after lunch. I'm so excited! I've read the entire cruise book from cover to cover, check out just about everything on the Royal Caribbean website. I'm on of those people that has to be over-knowledgable and over-prepared
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Tina, Good to see you back! Good for you and Paula to be sane enough to get on the scale every day and not ditch the diet. I find weighing every day discourages me and makes me a little crazy about the ups and downs.

Paula, good to see the scale finally go down. Same to Lettie, you are really doing well lately.

Kimberly, You have done so great. Even if you don't hit your Sunday goal, it doesn't matter since really you are so close already. I normally gain a tad bit of the TO weight right back, as it was water weight loss. Perhaps you won't have that problem (it was more of a problem when I got closer to goal).

Laurie, If you feel like you are not getting enough food, give Blue a try. It is really not a large number of calories more per day. Once you get your elliptical and start exercising more, you will need to bump up your calories a bit anyway.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Dan - thank you for the virtual rose!

Thanks michie & dionne for the encouraging words. I'm going to try not to beat myself up too much and i'm right back to POP today.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Debbie, Don't beat yourself up for a cup cake! Sometimes when you eat a little sugar you gain a little water weight. It is definitely not two pounds of fat from just one little cup cake. You have lost a lot of weight already for a nursing mom who had to take it slow. You never know... Nursing is not a guarantee that your cycles will totally stop, as many a surprised mother with another child will tell you.

Happy valentine's day to you too Michie. I always figure that your avatar has seen what I'm eating at my desk.... and you think that apple should be 2 fruit servings not one. Actually I went and bought the apples in the bag last night as I was feeling that the size of my fruits had grown way, way over the plan limits.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #99  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies and Dan!
Dan thanks for the Rose! Ha!
Just wanted to stop in and say hi!
Not a lot of time for personals right now, Hi Barb! Debbie, Emmysmom haven't seen you for awhile!
Michie! What up girl!?
Kim awesome job meeting your goal!
Hi Paula and Katie! I liked the quote and the fact! Ha!
I will check in later ladies!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #100  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. i've been getting up everday at 4am for work and i'm so tired today..i'm gonna nap in a little while..i've been sleeping horribly and not enough for over a month now..so i need a nap today! i have tomorrow off and will get another workout in then. i know that my body needs sleep to lose weight too, so maybe this nap will help me! i think i'm retaining a bit of water from TOM coming up next week...and it makes me feel puffy and i hate it.
hope everyone is well. i'm still trying to hang in there.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #101  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Debbie, Don't beat yourself up for a cup cake! Sometimes when you eat a little sugar you gain a little water weight. It is definitely not two pounds of fat from just one little cup cake. You have lost a lot of weight already for a nursing mom who had to take it slow. You never know... Nursing is not a guarantee that your cycles will totally stop, as many a surprised mother with another child will tell you.
Haha, meet my 2nd child Mataya, born 14 months to the day from my first one.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #102  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. Just a quick "chime in" before getting back to work...

Regarding this "getting on the scale every day or not" thing...

I think, if you're not currently on a diet or are putting any real effort toward watching what you eat (like those skinny friends we all have who just seem to be bottomless pits), weighing every day is probably a good thing.. Keeps them on the straight and narrow, if you will...

But I firmly believe that those of us currently, actively trying to lose weight, it can be a mental detriment... I think we all have enough stress going on day to day to not have to add getting on the scale every day to see if we're up or down a few ounces... Every two days is a good indicator, especially since it really takes that long for what we eat to either add or subtract real weight from our total...

Just my two cents...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #103  
Val

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Just have a minute to post, stuck in meetings all day, ugh.

Dan – Gosh, thanks for the roses. Haven’t got any of those in years, LOL.

Tina! – Welcome back, don’t be a stranger. I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, but my ex never would and now there just doesn’t seem to be the money. Oh well, maybe I will splurge when DD finally finishes university in 7 or 8 years.

Paula – Woohoo. Congrrats on getting the scale moving again.

Katie – I like that idea of “independence from the scale”. I have become totally scale obsessed. I find I’m weighing myself 2 or 3 times a day, and that is not me at all. I have even considered buying a scale that I can keep at work to check my weight there as well!
I wrote this before I read Paula’s post, maybe my obsession isn’t such a bad thing afterall, LOL.

Our team just splurged and went for pizza for lunch, definitely not what I planned. Oh well, it just means I have to redo my meal plan for today, I know I can still work it in.

If I don’t make it back, hope everyone has a POP day.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Thanks Barbara, i'm sure something is going on because like you said there is no way i could gain 2lbs from a cup cake.

Katie - this is why we are still protecting ourselves. I do want another child but dont think i'd want to be surprised.

i think we need to start a SAA (scale addict anonymous). LOL. I'd definitely be one of those. I dont know how to get myself to stop weighing 2 times a day. I know it does keep me in check tho if i see i'm up a bit i can watch what i eat closly for a few days so i start going back in the right direction. I dont know if its really affecting me or not. I do get mad if i see that i'm up a bit but i dont let it stress me out to much to the point where i think the diet is not worth it. KWIM? I think i'm ok with weighing myself often but like i said i dont know if its really affecting me any other way.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #105  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

It's amazing how much we use our middle finger... I nearly sliced the top of mine off in an incident involving a bottle of olive oil.. now I'm inadvertently flipping everyone the bird...

It's hard to type without said finger and I have so much to say...

Anyway, I'm down 3 lbs after doing TO but I was up 2 on Monday so down a total of 1 for the week. I'll take it!

Hopefully I can downgrade to a smaller bandage and no splint by the weekend so I can type some more.

Hi to everyone and stay POP!!!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote