South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #16  

Hi Girls,
I am not new here. I started this summer, and lost quite a bit of weight. I have been really bad the whole month of December. My son is going back home today and tomorrow I am cleaning out and writing a grocery list out. Everyone who is writing out menu plans, will you please share your menu's. Sometimes it is really helpful to see what others are eating. I am excited to start this again, I am feeling really lazy, and am really mad at myself. I am going to reweigh myself on Jan 1. Lets share our menus. I am working on mine and I will share Monday morning, or tomorrow evening.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome cheryl and McMoo, and welcome back bkstitch!
I just planned my two weeks of PH1 dinners and did my shopping for the first week. Here they are:

Mediterranean Chicken
Taco Bake
Eggplant Bake
Shrimp Stir Fry
Pork Loin Roast, Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Chili
Cream of Broccoli and Chicken Soup
Reuben Salad
Meatloaf
Pork and Pepper Salad
Ham and Lima Bean Soup (have to check if limas are PH1 legal)
Shrimp Scampi
Chicken Divan

I'll add in salads and veggies where needed. For breakfast and snacks, I've got plenty of turkey bacon, eggs, string cheese, V8, LCLC, raw veggies, and nuts. Lunch is usually leftovers. I think I'm good to go!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/238/150

I'm new to SB, and I'm gonna need all the support I can get! I can't throw out all the non-SB foods since my hubby, kids, and live-in MIL aren't along for my journey, so I'll have to rely on the same will-power that helped me quit smoking a few years ago, I guess. Another extra challenge is that I'm breastfeeding my youngest, but it really shouldn't be a problem since, at 19 months old, he gets probably 95% or more of his actual nutrition from regular food.

Anyway, I just wanted to go ahead and wade in here. I actually won't be starting SB P1 until Wednesday the 2nd since we have a big New Year's Day lunch at my Mom's - I figure I'll be more likely not to sabotage myself right from the start if I just wait out that particular temptation. I will go ahead and shop for it - probably Monday, and then hope my kids don't eat all of my allowed foods before I get started! lol

Jennifer
Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #19  

Hello Everyone

Today was my first day back on the Beach. I was successful on this plan a couple of years ago and slowly strayed away. I'm excited to be back at it again and this seems like a very friendly place.

Thanks for sharing your menu Schmoodle. I find that very helpful and will look up some of those recipes.

Laura
Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 224.8/224.8/150

Height: 5'3"

Default I bought the SBD book...

Hopefully I'll find it by Tuesday. I plan on easing into it over the next couple of days. I am excited to have the support of someone other than my hubby (who lost 5 lb in 5 days, just cuz he can!

I look forward to our combined successes!
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #21  

Hello everyone! I'll be starting (again) a diet with co-workers and more importantly, my family in 2008. I've been studying the books, and my husband and I will do a grocery trip tomorrow to prepare for phase one. Meanwhile, we are having a nasty carb bonanza this weekend to get it out of our system and the cupboards! Even the kids will be changing their eating, since SB is healthier than what we're eating now. Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #22  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Lemme ask a question... I was looking on Amazon and I am unsure which book I need to get? I am a SB newbie. I was doing my own modified version of Atkins (becuz there's NO way I can ONLY eat 20 carbs a day) but after looking at some SB menus I realized I am doing SB more than anything and I'd like to read the books but where do I start?

Here's the link I was looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...outhbeach+Diet
Old 12-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

There is a new, updated SB book coming out in a few months. The old one (2003) is great, but has some outdated info in it. If you can get that one from the library or find it used, it's worth a read for all the theory behind the diet and basic guidelines. But I'd wait and invest in the new book when it comes out. In the meantime, this forum has the updated food lists, faqs, recipes, etc. that you can use to get started.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #24  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

K. TYVM Schmoodle.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #25  
dbz

S/C/G: 246/241.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

count me in!

new to 3FC, not so new to SB but Hubby & I are both restarting it on Tuesday since we feel our weight has spiraled out of control since we dropped SB in June. I've got about 10-11 entrees for the next 2 weeks, plenty of side dishes, will shop today and finally pick up the thing that will help me most of all: a mini food prep (30 minute recipes are only 30 minutes when you have assistants prep your food beforehand and with a F/T job and night time studies, I need all the help I can get!)

now I just need to reconcile myself to the fact that I need to get up early & hit the elliptical (we own one) at least 4 mornings a week (if not 5). oy
Old 12-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #26  

Hello,

I am starting SB again and will need support.

I heard about 3fatchicks through a co-worker, she said I would get all the help I need here.

This is it - 2008 is our year!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #27  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Restarting SBD on Tuesday and have been cleaning fridge & pantry of non-SB foods. It's a great plan, but I'm looking forward to moving to Ph 2 already!

My formula for 2008 South Beach success is Planning + Consistency + Goals. If I make my weekly menu plans, it's easy to stick to the plan (consistency.) Since I've got my second triathlon in May and a trip to Ireland in October, I've got the goals, too, to keep from slacking off.

We can do this!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #28  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

First week menu is pretty much planned out for suppers. Went and picked up a few things needed for some recipies... Can't wait to get started, I am feeling so crappy. My start date is Jan 2nd. DD's bday is the first and we are having a family dinner with choc cheesecake. Although I think I will follow plan all day and only have a wee little piece.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Went shopping today for phase I supplies- had to hide some of the items in the fridge from my 4 year old- she will eat all the cheese she is like a mouse loves cheese. I am excited to start- I have been feeling very crappy the last past weeks and the scale has moved up a couple of lbs. I will weigh in on the first and then move ticker up if I have to ; (

But on a great postive note this is my last night of nights- Hooray- I am moving back to days this week.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 12-30-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #30  

Height: 5'6

Count me in! I am starting phase 1 on the 1st Going to go through the fridge, freezer and pantry tomorrow and hit the grocery store.
I am feeling really overwhelmed and would love an online buddy who has somethings in common with me...engaged, cook just for FI and myself, BUSY, on yahoo and ICQ...its taken me a year of getting more active to lose the first 10 pounds and in 2008 I am going to get married, graduate from college (FINALLY!) and lose the 20 pounds that I am so tired of carrying around with me.

I plan on being a regular on here! I come and go and can be shy but love the support, information, and recipes that are on here!
Closed Thread