South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #46  

Height: 5' 7"

gonnabe165 I am with you- I can feel the sugar going out of my system and detoxing going- I am feeling better by the minute
Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Day 1 of Ph1 wasn't so bad. It was a relief really to get back to normal. Hopefully tomorrow won't be bad either. For some reason I was expecting Ph1 to be harder this time around.
Anyway, lesszmore, to answer your question, lots of mornings when I don't feel like eggs, I eat dinner leftovers, turkey and cheese rolled up, soup, or beans with salsa and lowfat cheese. When I get tired of scrambled or omelets, I also make hardboiled or make up some deviled eggs for a change. Once you get over the idea of traditional breakfast foods, you'll come up with all kinds of ideas!
phxsunflower, I make my cocoa like cottage does, and i prefer it because I like my chocolate stuff darker and less sweet. You can also use the flavored syrups as the sweetener.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 167/156/140

Default Starting January 7!

Hi, I'm just surfing around, trying to decide which diet to try this year. I started going to a gym back in August, and I only lost 5 pounds by November. I went to the gym 3 times a week, but I didn't change my eating habits. I see now that I need to make a change. I've got about 30 pounds I'd like to lose.

My birthday is on the 6th, and I know I will eat birthday cake - life's too short. I decided to start the very next day!

I'm not very good at doing the moderation thing, so WW wouldn't be a good choice for me. I think I will try South Beach...I am a former Atkins dieter.

Just dropping in to say hi!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks cottage and schmoodle. It is swiss miss nsa cocoa mix. Mom got it for me. I thought while I was typing it in that there was alot of extras in the ingredients section. Since you ladies did such a good job on answering that question can you answer how long is a can of cocoa(baking) good for? It has never been opened and I figured it would eventually be needed should I say a prayer and try it or just toss it and go with out. It is been in the cabinet for a feeeeww years. I want to make phase 1 happen. Also I was wondering what is the difference between a blog and a journal? One of the goals for 08' is to get more computer smarts.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #50  
New and Beachy Keen

Hello hello hello, everyone! Hope your holidays went well! Mine were great but I completely fell off the healthy eating wagon, went from P1 to H-E-double hockey sticks with the first bite of Xmas goodies.

So here I am, back on P1. Day 1 is almost over, and I have absolutely zero cravings! I will definitely be checking in here to keep myself on track.

Here's my menu:

BREAKFASTS
Savory ricotta muffins
Quiche cups to go
turkey bacon
hardboiled eggs
(not all at once LOL)

LUNCHES
I usually do leftovers of dinner, but I'll also throw in some salads here and there

DINNERS
Chicken Divan (finally going to try the recipe out)
Eggplant and turkey sausage lasagna
Shrimp stir-fry
Roast chicken (breasts for me, the rest for hubby)
Tilapia, probably baked
Lentil soup
Turkey burgers without buns (really just mini-meatloaf in patty form)
Roasted brussels sprouts
Roasted asparagus
Something with cauliflower - I have two huge heads in the fridge!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #51  

phxsunflower, i don't know for sure, but I think cocoa must last a long time. Also, I don't think it would make you sick, but you'd be able to tell because it would start to taste off/rancid - there are some natural fats in there. If it's never been opened I would try.

Okay, I just googled it, and it seems you can keep it indefinitely if stored in an airtight container. I started thinking maybe I shouldn't advise you without really knowing... So sample at your own risk!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #52  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, DH and I had an excellent first day back on the beach. I had to work 0700-1500, so for me it was pretty easy. I did get one of those awful headaches about 2pm. I recall those happening during the first few days to a week of SBD.
B-fast: Boiled egg with a small slice of cheddar cheese and Iced Tea
snack: celery with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
Lunch: left over pork loin and veggy salad
snack: piece of luncheon meat with cheese and a V-8 juice
Dinner: Spinach souffle stuffed chicken breast and salad
desert: pistachio FF pudding

DH made the recipe for the spinach souffle stuffed chicken from the SBD recipe book. (not the original SBD book, but the orangish/amber colored SB recipe book) It was quite yummy and easy to prepare. It has a nice lemon hint to the sauce.
I drink lots of Iced Tea, brewed at home with no additives and iced water. DH cut his normal pot of coffee down to 2 cups yesterday and he drinks lots of water.
Good luck everyone and thanks for the menus, it helps me with ideas.
Karla
Old 01-02-2008, 06:12 AM   #53  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Skinnydogmom- your day sounded great, just a bit of bad news, you can not have sf pudding on ph 1 as it has cornstartch. Other than that your day sounded great.

Me- I start today.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Today is Day 1 for me. My meals and snacks are all planned out to keep me on track. The hardest part for me will be drinking enough water, but I'm keeping a bottle beside me at all times to sip from.

B. spinach, mushroom and FF feta quiche
S. celery and red peppers with hummus
L. spinach salad w/pinto beans, tomato and roasted red pepper soup
S. string cheese
D. pork & pepper salad
S. SF jello w/2 T. ff Cool Whip

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-02-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #55  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Phase 1 day 2 is looking like this for me

bfast - black bean & cheese egg beatr omelet
snak - 2 lettuce turkey cheese roll ups
lunch - beef & beans (we will call it chili)
snak - celery w/nat peanut butter
dinner - taco bake

Gonna get some lunch time cardio done and then a low impact workout this evening with dh while the taco bake is in the oven

Hope phase 1 is working great for you!!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #56  

Day 1 of phase 1 came and went and I made it through!!!!!! Day 2 is here so bring it on. Western omelet for breakfast and a cup of cocoa. Snack and lunch will be packed (don't know what yet) for the shopping trip, and a roast in the crockpot for dinner. Made some sf jello yesterday so hopefully that will be dessert(if the kids don't get to it first!) Off to get the day going.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #57  

Restarting phase 1 today. Feels great to be on the journey back to better health once again. Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #58  

Day 2 of Ph1!
B - veggie cheese omelet, V8, coffee
S - string cheese
L - turkey and cheese salad, 3 Bean Salad
S - latte, celery and peanut butter
D - Mediterranean Chicken, Eggplant Bolognese
S - fudgesicle

Spinach souffle sounds yummy, must try that sometime. Is it posted in the recipes here?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, Stouffer's makes a spinach souffle that is acceptable for Phase 1, but in the SouthBeach cookbook, there's a great recipe for the Spinach Souffle Stuffed Chicken. It's easy to make, I make it often, and it's absolutely delicious!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #60  

hi again,
I am full of questions this time around. Do you know what is the easiest lettuce to work with when making lettuce wraps. I usually use the romaine salad torn up already in the bag and just use my fingers to combine lettuce and meat but I would really like to try a neater roll. If romaine is the lettuce to use I will look into getting it in bundles instead of the bags. Is farina sb? I know it wouldn't be phase 1 but would it be phase 2? I wanted to try the eggplant lasagna do you know how many I need to buy to make one batch? I really don't want to over buy since money is tight right now and it is a new recipe for us. Eggplant is a new vege for us also. Also what is a good fish to try for someone that has NEVER cooked fish and really is not a fish person but would like to get it into my diet?
Schmoodle and Cottage: thanks for the cocoa recipe. I need to find the hazelnut syrup now. Schmoodle the cocoa worked
Boy the questions just start when the kids sleep in, but really I need to get my day started or I will be late.
Closed Thread