40-Something Chat Thread

You're on Page 60 of 81
Go to
  • Hi guys. Clydegirl, that sucks about your keys.

I am not a Pilates girl, myself. That stuff hurts.

I don't have much to report. My in-laws didn't get here until after 10pm last night, so I was in bed. They got to the airport yesterday morning at 11:15 for a 1-ish flight, which was cancelled. They were re-booked on a 5-ish flight which didn't leave until 7. A long day for them. Last night I grilled some chicken and had veggies only with mine. Tonight I am making low-fat meatloaf and I will have veggies only again. They like to start with soup so they will have that, and mashed potatoes, with coffee, dessert and fruit at the end.

I also made it the gym today, but I probably won't be able to go tomorrow. My son has a Valentine party at school, and then my daughter has an early release day. I am tempted to get up early and run outside, but it has turned very cold suddenly.

Oh, and there was a bit of a fiasco this morning so I didn't weigh myself like I usually do. I weighed after the gym and I was at 150 even. I really, really want to see the 40s.

Hope you guys are having a good day!
  • Ward
    Glad your family got there safe and sound. I always thought the same thing about Pilate's until I tried this " You can do Pilate's " video. It is very easy.

kappy
    My daughter is 17 and my son 21. I don't care if they are 30. You will follow the rules of my house or you will not live here. When you are to old to do as you are told you are old enough to be out on your own.
  • Hello all! I just registered and am just looking for a place to start! I have never participated on a forum of this nature, so it's all new to me. I came about the site while doing research on several TV based infomercials. I wanted to see some reviews, and when I googled, you just happened to be right in the top 3 of the results! This is the only site I clicked on, and here I am! I need to lose 40 lbs (although, 50 would be nice). Any thoughts on getting up and running on this site are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jenny
  • Just peeking in to see what the heck is going on!
    Welcome Jenny-it's good to see some newcomers to the 40 somethings.

Getting ready for my big move to the land of SNOW! (well, more snow than Phoenix). Going to Albuquerque. Packing up the house is a royal pain-where did all of that junk come from??? We're outta here on March 29th. Probably won't have the computer up and running until June or something crazy like that.
    Well, at least all of that moving is a free workout.

I should really do some work now-seeing that they're paying me.

Adios!
  • Hi you all!

I'm off to the gym to see my trainer. I'm still achy but I'm wearing my favorite cancer butt kicking shirt. I'm feeling the superpowers today.

Much love on this Valentine's day. Your support really means a lot to me!
  • jenni

So nice to see another bright shinning face here with us. Stick around and post a lot. We love to hear how everyone is doing. Ok, we are nosy, that is just how it is lol. You will love us.
  • Clyde, that totally sucks. Not only did you give the hubby a reason to snigger you also missed your physio appt. Hoping today goes much better for ya girl.

Ward, if you could have weighed in the am you probably were in the 40's

Welcome Jenny, if support is what you're looking for you're at the right forum. Come on along.

Hey Jan, I was confused. I'd thought you made the move already. Good luck packing and moving. Are you going u-haul or having movers do it?

JZ, Hope you used them superpowers and kicked butt all over that gym!!!

Rennie, You'd be so proud. 2 weeks ago I held a little 'clean the house bootcamp" of my own. DD decided it wasn't her job to pitch in like her 3 siblings. I told her get helping or no electricity for you. She's big into reading and drawing so it didn't phase her at first. I let her sketch for another 10 min before going back to her room and asking, "you do know hot water is made with electricity in this house don't you?" Her jaw dropped right open with a, "huh?" My answer, " and I will stand in the bathroom every morning to make sure your shower stays cold." She got busy after that and the game room and all bedrooms have been clean since. Never met a teenage girl yet willing to go to school with greasy hair or take a cold shower. lol Same daughter got the lead role in "Romeo and Harriet" the skrypt is absolutely hilarious. She has a lot of lines and sings many solos. She's gonna have to practice a lot harder than she usually does at things to pull this one off! I have complete faith in her though.

Well, we've gotten another 7 inches of snow since 5am. All I can say is, "enough already!!" Have a great day everyone.
  • Hi girls happy Valentine's Day.

Step away from the chocolate. I better have some flowers coming home tonight I don't need roses. I love to get bunches of flowers.

Weighed in this morning was I lucky, stayed the same. I will take it thought the scale was going to go up today.

Welcome Jenni pop in and chat everyday.

Lovn I hope your snow stops soon. You've had a lot this year. That clean the house bootcamp sounds like a good idea.

Enjoy the day.
  • Clyde
    No cut flowers here, what a waste of money lol. He got me this really cool tulip that is in a glass container so you can watch it grow from the bulb up. He also got me exactly what I said I wanted around Christmas time ( he didn't forget ) I got the Leslie Sansone exercise DVD for the exercise ball and he even hunted around until he could find a size small exercise ball. He gets extra brownie points lol. Then he asked what do you want for our anniversary. I said to be down to 143 lol. That is it, we are saving money for our camping trip this summer.

Hubby's mom and dad gave us a little freezer ( about 3 feet hight and 3 feet deep, they gave it to us early for our anniversary ) so we could take it to the camp grounds. His mother said I could keep hot dogs ( Hebrew 97% fat free and hamburgers I make up ( lowest fat ), my chicken breasts ( 1 gram fat for 4 oz and my weight watcher sherbet snack bars in it. I thought that was so thoughtful of them. I had said I wondered how I was going to be able to have my foods at the camp grounds since the freezer in the their camper is very small. They know I watch what I eat and they wanted me to be able to eat the same thing at the camp grounds as I do at home if I wanted to. I am going to be able to eat at the camp grounds the same way I eat at home now. That is a great relief to me, it can be difficult since the stores around there don't sell some of the things I eat. They thought it was great when I said I would take the DVD player and tv and put them out on the pick nick table and do my exercise videos just like I do now. If you know anything about camp grounds, you know I will have woman joining in within the first few days lol.

lovn
    Oh my gosh you got it lol. That is exactly how you get them to do what they are told. Oh I bet she has such fun in the play. My daughter is very involved in choir and drama. She was one of the three people picked for the two act play.
  • You couldn't have said it better any other way.
    Thanks you lifted my spirits.
    Cat'

Quote: Sometimes just knowing there is someone out there who knows how you feel and is struggling with the same problems you don't feel so alone.
  • Hi all!
    Happy Valentines Day.

My name is Catherine, friends call me Cat. I am 46 for another month and a half... I work at a school as well as go to school. Life gets in the way but I am determined to lose. I bought core rythms and shapely secrets and have yet to do either more than once. When I think of healthy food I tend to over do it and eat too much. I need your help and support I am very uncomfortable in my own skin... absolutely hate pictures and mirrors.

Well I am glad to see you all on this board sharing and supporting it's great!!!
    Thanks,
    Cat'
  • cat

Always nice to see new people here. We are a great group. Full of support and even give a few laughs along the way. It is very true. Chatting with people who know what is like to lose weight and who are changing the way they are eating really does help.
  • Happy Valentine's Day Everyone Hope it has been a good one. Hubby got me a "pink" digital camera -- what a guy!!

Weighed myself today and not down again ... definitely retaining water. This perimenopausal thing is insane. At least I am down 4 lbs from my start. Maybe things'll change in the next few days. My calories are certainly under control. I am down at least 400 - 450 calories per day compared to my calories expended so something has to give soon. I just have to be patient.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will check in again soon.

Chris

PS Welcome to "Cat" -- I'm pretty much the same with overdoing the healthy food. I make sure I exercise every day so that when I eat way too much then at least the exercise takes care of some of the overeating. You'll get into a good routine with the exercise and in time it will just become automatic each day. I think that's the key ... making exercise just a part of your life.
  • Clyde, no gifts at all here, but it goes both ways. We do have a nice evening out planned for tonight. Those are so few and far between. I can hardly waite. My weights up 2 and a half pounds this week, but I know it's water. TOM just started so I'm staying positive. My food hasn't been perfect, but I've continued my exercise. All's good. Hope you got the flowers you were wanting.

Catherine, Welcome, welcome, welcome. Your stats are very close to mine when I first started years ago. It sounds like you have a plan and there's a great group here that will encourage you to work it. Love yourself where you're at you're worth it.

Rennie, the tulip bulb sounds cool and the freezer was very thoughtful of your in-laws. Do you long term camp? I mean keep a camper in a certain park for most of the summer or do you move around. I have friends that have permenant sights and they love the ease of it. Pack up a few groceries and away they go nearly every Fri-Sun. I'd love it, but my hubby's not much for camping. He does the Boy Scout stuff, but that's cuz he loves our sons more than he does me lol Have a great time watching your daughter perform!!!

Chris, hang in there. If you know you're working your plan it'll move. I move down oh so slow. Many months just a pound, but I'm not going anywhere so 1 pound down is still down. Don't get discouraged. Feb can be a hard month. We all want spring to well, spring already.

Me, kids are home again today. I have to bake. The Cub Scouts are having a bake sale tonight so at least it's going out the door. Hubby and I have plans for a movie and a nice dinner that doesn't include the words buffet, all you can eat or children's menu available. A real big people dinner where everything is brought to you and the waitress smiles nice and stays really pleasant because she's hoping for that 15% or better tip. We deserve it. Hubby especially. He works outside in all this snow and cold all week (10 inches total yesterday again) and he's doing the Klondike challenge with our oldest son and his scout troop tomorrow. If you like snow that's maybe ok, but he's one who longs to move to AZ or some other hot no snow place. I need to figure out how to put thumbnail size photos at the bottom. Then I could show you all the piles of snow surrounding my home just to keep my driveway clear!!!

Have a terrific Fri everyone!
  • Hi everyone. Welcome to Cat!
    I'm at home today. I had one more day off to use before the end of the month, so I chose today. Hubby is out of town so I needed to be the one feeding the animals. I hate having to get up at 4:30 to get it done before I go to work, so I took the day off. I don't have a lot planned, just trying to get stuff done around the house.

I couldn't believe what a mess it is back by the animal cages and pens. With all the *&%$& snow, it is icy. We've had temps in the 40's now, so snow melts and puddles up everywhere. Muddy, icy, and just a mess. We need to dry out a little bit!!

Basketball game tomorrow for my son. Other than that, just need to get some cleaning done and some organizing. Oh... and watch the Daytona 500!

Have a good weekend!