LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 92 of 99
Go to
  • I have a question about the turkey bacon.. I tried it once and found it to be really nasty!! maybe I cooked it wrong.. is it meant to be cooked like regular bacon or no?
  • Lettie- Yeah, hopefully I can stick with using them, as the pharmacy made me pick up all 3 months of it at once. I may start slipping these to my lethargic DH, LOL.

Joni- How creepy....I just got back from the gym. I did the usual workout that my trainer has been having me do, but dang, after slacking off for a month, it about killed me. "Killed" in a good way.
  • Good Morning! Yes, it's me..back from my travels and down 1lb!!
    I'm not sure how that happened since I wasn't exactly OP but I will take it.

Today is my first day of the 8 week body makeover, so I am doing TO! There is a new counselor at the COD and I think we have bonded..LOL. I am ONLY going to see her and save myself from the other crazies. I am not traveling again until May 17th (heading to Boston) so I am planning every bite, weighing, measuring, HLW...you name it.

Kim - Sorry to hear about your injury (big hug).

I am happy to hear you all are doing well and will catch up on the rest of the posts this weekend.

Debster - I can't wait until I am back on my regular menu plan, the Chicken Bruschetta sounds soooooooooooooooo delish!

Anyone a Grey's Anatomy fan? I am SO addicted.

Hugs to all!
    Debbie
  • Katie--good luck with the new pills. Will they interfere at all with you IR or IBS, or blood sugar? Are they half of the old phen-phen (sp?). I need a pill that works on the brain--my problem is I'm not hungry but I just graze anyway. But I am jealous anyway--my doc. is so old fashioned I doubt he'd write an RX--just say "maybe you shouldjust eat less and exercise if you want to lose weight"--what--why if there is a pill to help???

Wendy--WTG on the Lasik--easier than one would think huh? Good luck on the job hunt--I'm right there with you--and not doing a very good job of being patient! NOW.

Wendy II--can you post your 2 day TO with grapefruits? I've done it with oranges and loved it but you had fabulous results. STAY AWAY FROM TEXAS ALL YOU GRAPEFRUIT HOARDERS!!! Did you have any dressing on your salad or broccoli? Like the Spritzers maybe???

Joni--how was Pappadeaux's--that's definitely one of DH's favorites--loves anything Cajun. I, unfortunately, do not make good choices there--shrimp diablo is my favorite--ymmm. Fortunately, we do not have one around us for miles and miles!

Morning to ALL--good to see you all up and at-em this AM. We were off yesterday and had a great day just hanging out with the girls. Took one shopping ALL ALONE and she loved it--I am so not ready for the pre-teen thing.
  • Quote: Jason - good to see you. Love the new picture and I think you should set that 10 lb goal for yourself....Question...when you move, are you going to change your screen name from SaskNewfie to KingNewfie?
    I actually joked about that on another site...it was a toss up between ONNewfie and KingNewfie...I do like the ring to KingNewfie! I guess I'll have to make myself a crown out of tinfoil or something...lol.
  • hey everyone. back from work today and from WI. i've lost 2lbs since last week!
    AND...
    it's OFFICIAL..i've lost 20lbs so far, after almost 3 months into the plan. not too shabby, but i was thinking that i'd be at least 25lbs down, but i'm getting there.
    and since i met my first 20lbs goal, i got switched to the purple plan too. but i've done purple before, so i should be ok. i've been doing great with my workouts and i know that's definitely helping me along.

so..yay! i just wanted to share my loss and mini goal achievement with ya'll.
    hope everyone is having a great weekend. i need to go grocery shopping, but not really feeling like dealing with the saturday crowds. oh well.
  • Hi Gail and all!

So the rest know, Gail and I have been fighting this fight for a good many years. Unfortunately she is on the opposite side of the country from me. Gail, I am so glad to see you back on program.

I have been on LAWL for a long time. I do love the program. The fact I haven't lost to goal is my own fault. But I am still trying. This is a great site and I hope to check in more often.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Hey Gail! I am going to be in Delaware at the end of June (hoping to lose another 20 before the trip). My Aunt, Uncle and cousins live there. So, we'll be going to Rohobis(sp?) beach and hanging out for a week. Any recomendations???
  • Lea Ann- Here's exactly what I ate on my TO using grapefruit:

Day 1
    Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, peeled & de-membraned.
    water
    Snack - Caramel LA lite bar & water
    Lunch - 3oz sirloin w/Mrs Dash seasoning; grilled
    1/2 c grilled carrots; lite salt & water
    Snack - 1/2 grapefruit & water
    Dinner - 3 oz pkg tuna
    1 c lettuce w/balsamic vinegar salad spritzer dressing
    1/2 grapefruit & water
    Snack- Cookie Dough LA Lite & water

Day 2
    Breakfast- Caramel LA Lite, water
    Snack- 1/2 grapefruit, water
    Lunch - 3 oz sirloin (leftovers from day before), 1/2 c steamed
    broccoli (lite salt),
    1/2 grapefruit, water
    Snack- Caramel Crunch LA Lite, water
    Dinner - 3 oz chicken breast, grilled w/ Mrs. Dash & tabasco sauce
    1 c lettuce w/italian salad spritzer dressing
    1/2 grapefruit, water
    Snack - Honey Nougat LA Lite, water

There ya go!
  • Jillian - 20 lbs is great!! I've been at it 4 mos and I've only lost 25.. so you're catching up to me.. I'd better get my butt in gear! :-)
  • Welcome Sharon! You've already lost so much.. keep on a'truckin! You'll get to goal!
  • Wendy II--THANKS!!! I think I am going to try this out. I did well with the oranges (at Christmas) and it's definitely time to get more serious and I can hope this is the trick--maybe a couple pound loss will get me motivated again.

I appreciate it! Is there a reason you de-membrane it or just preference? I'll let you know when I give it a go!

Jillian--CONGRATS--20 pounds is awesome. I think of all weight lost in terms of dogfood and it's amazing. I have to pick it up at Walmart sometimes just to remind myself that it really is more than it's sounds in my own head.
  • Okay--I just realized you had 3 lites on day 2?? sounds great but...
  • Denverchick, my son and his family live in Parker. It sounds like you have had some pretty weird weather.

Wendelina, thanks for the welcome. I am glad to say that even though I have been off plan lately more than on, I have not regained too much. That tells you that some bad habits have changed. I have about taken off the regain.

It sounds like you are all doing pretty well.
  • CONGRATULATIONS Jillian!! 20lbs or 80 sticks of butter is AWESOME!!!!

Wendy II - The Grapefruit TO sounds yummy. One thing my new counselor said to do was to divide your two bars into 4 servings. I have done that today and it seems to really help. I am on TO with juice and have broken my meals down like this.

B - 8oz juice
    1/2 bar
    S 8oz juice
    1/2 bar
    L - 3oz grilled sirloin
    1 cuccumber, sliced.
    S - 80z juice
    1/2 bar
    D 3oz grilled sirloin
    2 cups steamed broccoli
    8oz juice
    S 1/2 bar
    I am also suppose to drink 6-8 8oz glasses of water. I have spent most of the day looking for the ladies room!!!!

Welcome Sharon!