LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 76 of 99
Go to
  • I am with Nicole on this one. As the mama of a 13, 15, 16, 18, and 21 year old, I agree you think it, even if you don't say it. Though I have never gone as far as the name calling, my head has spun around a few times...lol. I still think Alec is a pr... and if he talked to one of mine that way he'd have even more things to "straighten out" (of a personal nature). lol Don't mess with my babies!
  • I thought I would die laughing a few nights ago on one of the late-night shows when they said "we cannot tell you who leakied the tape to the press, but sources tell us the name rhymes with Lim Kasinger"

Both Alec and Kim are pigs, I think. I'm with Shannon- OK, you were married, now you are not. You BOTH have a child, grow up and act like adults already!
  • Yeah!
  • Hey another off diet topic question - is AI going to be a real show tonight/this week where they sing and someone goes or just a variety type thing.
  • Shannon-according to Wed's synopsis in the TV guide-someone is supposed to be kicked off the show-so I'm assuming they are still performing/voting tonite. . . Also-finale of the Pussycat Dolls! Go Chelsea!
  • morning everyone! today is my week 3 WI and yikes! i ate like crap this past week. sunday and monday i was POP, but thursday, friday and saturday, if i saw food, i ate it. today i'm going in, taking my licks and stepping on the scale (but only after i've removed my shoes, belt, necklace, earrings, wedding ring and contacts. ) hopefully i'll not go up even if i know i won't go down. by my next WI, i plan to be 2 to 3 lbs down.

p.s. i don't like alec or kim. they both stink.
  • Good morning everybody-

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes about my little mishap. The soreness has gone away, the check is in the mail to the body shop, I find myself taking my foot off the gas pedal a little when I go across those bridges now, but it's all on it's way back to normal around here. I just have to call the body shop and see when they can get the truck in there and then arrange for a rental car since DH is out of town all week and I will have no wheels.

Lea Ann- Thank goodness the tornado bypassed you. I was in one when I was a kid, scary, scary!!

Danette- Calm down now..... There are going to be some weeks where you just don't lose the 2+ lbs. How long were you eating the lites? Were you eating them on top of your regular food allowances? If you are on week 5 and have lost 10.8 lbs. then you are doing awesome, don't get down on yourself. About the TO, I didn't do it until I was 5 months into the plan. I am currently doing the 8 week challenge and doing TO every 2 weeks. I am on the 3rd TO right now and have only lost .4 lbs the first day. So obviously with me, the more I do it, the less I lose. I may just skip the last TO and save my juice for a later time. I wouldn't suggest TO until you hit a long stall, like a couple weeks or more. Just have patience, you'll get there, it's not a race!!

BCNicole- Welcome!! It does get crazy around here sometimes . Definitely good for a laugh!!

Kim2-DH is a smart man, you'll get that few lbs. off before your TT. I too LOVE the sweet and sour chicken from the cookbook. My DH doesn't really like sweet meat dishes, so it's a rare occasion or I have to cook it for myself when he is on one of his business trips.

Kristen- How is DD doing today. Sorry, I have no advice for you, just this..

WendyII- LOVE the communion pictures!! You have a gorgeous family, and Toria was just absolutely beautiful!!!

Jillian- Cute new avatar. Before you were sassy, now you are sweet!!

JM- I bet you are so ready for Friday to get here!! How exciting! How long are you going to be over there?

Hard to believe that hiding coins in Easter eggs turned into a not so family friendly meat and salt radio show with live music. You guys crack me up!! Thanks for the laugh.
  • Quote: I thought I would die laughing a few nights ago on one of the late-night shows when they said "we cannot tell you who leakied the tape to the press, but sources tell us the name rhymes with Lim Kasinger"

Both Alec and Kim are pigs, I think. I'm with Shannon- OK, you were married, now you are not. You BOTH have a child, grow up and act like adults already!
    was that late night talk show host my dear friend, Conan O'Brien by any chance?
  • Quote: JM- I bet you are so ready for Friday to get here!! How exciting! How long are you going to be over there?
    Funny you should ask . . . Looks like there will be some delays due to holidays and we may have to stay an extra week (meaning more than a full month in Vietnam!) I'm trying not to freak out-Mom's checking on flights. The frustrating thing is that we just don't know . . .and we would rather mess with flights here than in Vietnam. They recommend us arriving a week later-but I am so set on getting Josie next week I just don't think I can do it. So-I would still get her next week, but the Vietnamese adoption ceremony might not occur until the following week-and then we can start the US embassy 3 week timeline.

So-there's the deal . . . . Stress level and BP are at an all-time high right now!
  • Breathe, baby breathe!
  • Juliemarie - if it makes you feel any better, my BP just went up too....it will all be good in the end................
    When you are over there, will you have web access? will you be able to update your blog site?
    Okay - I have to ask...Josie and the Pussycats???? any connection here or just a fluke?

For my own personal info, I checked on American Idol; tonight is the one hour show and then tomorrow night is the 2 hour show - can't believe Josh Groban and Michael Buble in one night.......I'll be in heaven!

Quote:
    one of the six remaining finalists is voted off in a star-studded episode benefiting young people living in extreme poverty in America and Africa. Those slated to appear include Bono, Kelly Clarkson; Hugh Grant; Keira Knightley; Forest Whitaker; Helena Bonham Carter; Daniel Radcliffe; Teri Hatcher; Rowan Atkinson; Gwen Stefani; Josh Groban; Pink; Michael Bublé; Annie Lennox; Il Divo; and Sacha Baron Cohen. Ellen DeGeneres hosts the portion of the show telecast from the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
  • JM - Hang in there I'm sure it feels like this whole process will never end, but it will. She's your baby girl now! It's just a matter of getting her over here...and then you have a lifetime of little girl giggles, smiles, silliness, mommy/daughter times, shopping, dress-up, movie time...okay, I want to go get my DD now
  • Sherri - good luck at WI. At least you are going......that's a huge deal in my book.

Hi Nicole........

Deb - glad you are on the mend. BTW, I've had a number of email requests for your cookbook. I'm only charging $5 a pop...should I charge $10 so you can get just buy a new truck? (LOL - just kidding!)
  • I'm on my second TO for the six week challenge...so far, okay. I went for a walk last night...it was beautiful walking weather. I just came back from signing my DD up for preschool. She starts in June. (how did that get here already????) I am soooo excited for her, though. I'm sure she's going to love it. Right now she's the only girl at a family daycare - with 3 younger brats - I mean boys. Well, really only one is a brat, but it tends to rub off on the other kids, ya know? I just have to tell her current babysitter that Emmy will be leaving in June...I just hope she takes it well
  • Joni-I will have internet access-how good and reliable it is-not sure. Apparently it's broadband and we can have it for $50 for the month. We also are going to use a webcam and Skype so we can talk with my dad and brother's family over the webcam for free. Cool. Hope it works. The plan is to upload video and pics to the blog-I pray that it works.

Oh-and only a coincidence with Josie's name . . . .