Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #1141  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

OMG, Nicole...I just check out that youtube video...hysterical!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #1142  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Did I forget to say good morning to everyone????? Well, now it's afternoon. I kind of missed the morning all together.......my boys slept in again (darn colds), and after I got the girls off to school, 2 yo. DS wanted me to go watch "the monkey," as he calls it, AKA Curious George (the series) in mama's wooom. How could I really say no......so we snuggled back into bed and watched toons for a bit, and then brought 16 yo thoughtless little pig, I mean daugher, to school at 10......came home, made ricotta cheese pancakes for me and the boys.......and somehow it became noon. Time really flies, doens't it? It's days like today that I am really thankful that I am a stay at home mom. The "bonus days" seem few and far between, but they are truly golden.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #1143  
Post-Master

Hey, Wendy.....how are you enjoying your vacation days????
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #1144  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
was that late night talk show host my dear friend, Conan O'Brien by any chance?
It ...maaaay have been. I'm not fessin up to anything!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #1145  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Nicole - you DO have the funniest naughty streak...
Quote:
and then brought 16 yo thoughtless little pig, I mean daugher,
Your day sounds delightful to me......only I have to snuggle up with furkids.

JM - I thought Clark Howard said Skype went under.....I hope not.

Okay - dogs want to go for a car ride (seriously!), so I'm taking a quick break.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #1146  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Mmmm...I'm cooking my chicken now to make the chicken enchilada casserole that Nicole submitted to the LA chef for me. We all loved it made the old way, and I can't wait to eat it again 'made over'.

I have good news to report today. First, thanks again to everyone who responded to my mindset post...your words really helped me to refocus. I weighed in this morning, and I've lost 2lbs since Saturday, and now they've moved me to Purple. It was a little funny when they told me, the counselor (why don't we have an acronym for them? i hate typing out that word..we should have a whip-cracker smiley to represent them) said "okay, so this is easy, all you have to remember is that you lose a 1/2 protein" then she went on to tell me that I could split one of my full proteins for breakfast/lunch, and have a whole for dinner (different than many others have been advised, i know). She looked at me and said, "you look a little scared/upset, is it about chaning plans?" and I replied, "I'm fine, I was just afraid you were going to tell me that I was losing a starch" *relieved laugh* Then she covered her mouth and sucked in her breath, "oh! I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that..." lol. I guess I'll live. I'm a little excited to move down a plan actually...I feel more 'interested' in the program again. Whew, long story...

Welcome new Nicole!

Danette -- Why did you stop the lites, were you having a reaction to them? Did they increase any of your exchanges when you stopped using lites? It's frustrating, we all know that, but it could be just a little pause your body is taking. You're doing so well at staying POP, don't stop that now. BTW my COD has never suggested a TO to me either...I had to bring it up.

JM -- I'm sure the anxiety is sitting like an anvil on your back right about now. I hope you can find a way to not drive yourself completely mad thinking about everything that does not involved handfuls of potato chips, or chunks of chocolate! I remember, when I was pg with Cameron, we thought my scheduled induction would be the week after Xmas (due to gestational diabetes) but the OB postponed it to the first week of January. I was totally thrown for a loop...everything had been planned (in my head anyway) around the earlier date, and I just felt I could not wait any longer to meet my baby. Of course, I had to anyway, but I remember the IMPOSSIBLE feeling better than I remember the details of labour and delivery. Just breathe...it's going to happen.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #1147  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=Mama Nicole;1666770] and then brought 16 yo thoughtless little pig, I mean daugher, to school at 10......(QUOTE]

<calling 60 minutes as we speak...will blame Lim Kasinger>

Angie - did you lose a starch too? That's just not right
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #1148  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Oh Nicole - you DO have the funniest naughty streak...

Okay - dogs want to go for a car ride (seriously!), so I'm taking a quick break.
Whew.......thanks Joni......I was hoping noone would be offended And your dogs sound like they are more spoiled than my kids........... People used to laugh at me when I took YDS on car rides to get him to go to sleep.......they must really get a kick out of you. I love it!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #1149  
LAWL since 2/07

Quote:
Whew.......thanks Joni......I was hoping noone would be offended And your dogs sound like they are more spoiled than my kids........... People used to laugh at me when I took YDS on car rides to get him to go to sleep.......they must really get a kick out of you. I love it!!!
Can't take offense when someone is kidding (well unless your name is Imus). I'm actually thinking of going home and screaming that at my son so I can watch him shake his head and roll his eyes at me. He used to love me....No respect...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #1150  
Post-Master

so is anyone else as excited about AI tonight as I am???? I'm such a geek.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #1151  
LAWL since 2/07

Quote:
so is anyone else as excited about AI tonight as I am???? I'm such a geek.
I kinda am. Now that Sanjaya is gone it will be interesting to see how it all falls out. I really think Melinda is a shoe in and has been from the start though. She's really good. I'm taking bets on how it goes now. I'm thinking Chris, Phil and Lekisha are gone and the final 3 are Blake, the long haired girl and Melinda. Durn what's her name?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #1152  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jordan...and she's gooooooooood.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #1153  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Just peeked in at VFTW and they are encouraging people to vote for Phil now. Those people are so annoying!

I'm also looking forward to DWTS tonight. I let DS stay up for the first number now, and he says "let's dance momma!" and we try to copy the routine on stage. It's so much fun that I can't resist, even if it is after his bedtime!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #1154  
Post-Master

I think Jordan may win.....she's got it all...........and I love Melinda as well......but I am pretty sure it will be Jordan
Old 04-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #1155  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

So Joni - What do the dogs do to let you know they want to go for a ride? Jingle the keys? Do they have a favorite route? Dodger loves car rides, just do not turn right out of our driveway - apparently the only time we turn right is when he has to go to the vet or the groomer! (i.e. Maltese torture)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote