Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default Body for Life in JANUARY!

Hey Susan, hope you don't mind, but I thought we could jump on in to January.

The jeans fit today!! The jeans fit today!! Yeaaa! Happy New Year to Me!!! So check out my siggy to see what I mean!!!!

So, who's going to join us this month? All are welcome! For those who have been around, any changes or revisions this month? For me, I am going to stay on track with the food and get even cleaner and more creative with whole foods/healthy eating. Seeing what my ontrack exercise and so-so eating has done for me in 90 days makes me wonder what would be possible with good exercise AND eating!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year Fran!
The new thread is fabulous! Let's gather up some folks and maybe we can have fabulous results like yours. You've done good my friend!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Fran and Susan

I'm in for January. And February. And March...
My official start date will be January 3rd, Wednesday. We are still celebrating here and I won't have my home,(read kitchen) back until that day. I was able to maintain during the last two weeks of December but it fluctuated a lot. Everyone kept feeding us ham....

FRAN: You look great in those jeans. Congratulations to you. What a great New Years gift to yourself! I think I'm going to head to my closet and take inventory. See what fits, what is too big or alas, a might tight just to find the perfect pant-o-meter for this up coming three months.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #4  
Mel

Congratulations Fran! The jeans look great!

Lydia- HAM is EVIL! I ate it last night and am up 3 pounds

I'm in on a clean eat-workout challenge, but the workouts won't be BFL. I thought about it, but last time I did BFL I ended up breaking up mu upper body workouts into 2 days anyway which just resulted in overtraining. I just took a week off, so I'll go back to my 4-5 day split, 5 meals per day and 5 days of cardio.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi there, BFLer's. I'm in, but not officially til Feb. I have just 2 weeks til we leave for 2 weeks in Costa Rica, and while I'll be exercising and eating as clean as I can til then, I'm not sure what the opportunities for strength training especially will be while we're there.

Fran - indeed on the jeans! You're doing great.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi there. I posted yesterday asking this same question..if there were any BFL'ers out there and I'm excited to see that there is! Woohoo! I am currently on my second challenge (start date was December 4, 2006 so I will finish in February 2007. I am doing this challenge with two co-workers and things are progressing nicely. Has anyone else done the challenge and submitted there info?
Paborsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

I'm in for a good BFL challenge ... Like Mel I'm not fussy for the workout part of BFL but I do love the food part, so I'll be in for the food for sure... For workouts I usually do a 4 or 5 day split and then run 3-4 times/week and swim twice/week...

Hi Michelle from Ontario ... I've never done an "official" challenge with pics and all, I did take my own pics for personal use, that was a couple of years ago though
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #8  

Thanks Ilene. I'm assuming that you've read the Eating-for-Life book that Bill Phillps has out then? The food part is great..who knew that eating the right kinds of foods and tasty ones at that would benefit ones overall health. Took me a looooonnngg time to figure that one out but I believe I got it down pat now and loving every minute of it. If you ever decide to join the official challenge let me know, its great to have buddies involved. Its amazing how much your body changes and those pics even scary as they seem are a real motivator when you see those changes. Anyway, hoping to hear from all BFL'ers..take care all.

Michelle
Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #9  

Hi Michelle, I've never entered the challenge either. But you've lost a HUGE amount of weight! Has that all been on BFL since your first challenge, or were you doing something prior? Congrats on your loss! Post some pix here if you wouldn't mind!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #10  

Hi Fran (I hope that's your name). I have pics on BFL Tracker site but don't have my pics from when I was 307. I'll have to scan those ones. Anyway, no I didn't lose all the weight doing BFL. I first heard of BFL back in 2001 and did manage to lose 42 lbs but never completed the challenge and well guess what I gained it all back and then some. If you check out the thread 'Living the Lifestyle' it explains the start of my journey. But I have used some of the BFL principles along the way and decided back in August that I wanted to enter the challenge so I did. I completed the first one in October and started the second in December. I love it. I love the way it makes me feel challenging myself on a constant basis. Its great to share my trials and tribulations with the two women I'm doing the challenge with also. I have hired two trainers (one female and one male) who work out with me once a week to push me that extra little bit. This is one program that will benefit all..no matter what weight (under or over). Again blabbing - sorry but BFL is amazing. Has anyone else checked out their sites and used their forums?

Michelle
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #11  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

So today was to be my official start day. I was up all night with the stomach flu. It looks like today will be spent on the couch with DS. Talk about keeping my eating "clean."
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #12  

Oh no, Lydia!! I hope your "detoxing" day is limited to just one day! Keep up the fluids tho so that those muscles get something today!

Michelle, I've been to the website, but it's been a few years and they did not have forums at the time. It was mostly eating/workout plans, and of course, supplement sales! I will have to check it out now, thanks for the tip!

I am dying with sore muscles today. I moved up my lbwo workout to 25 lbs on each dumbbell for my squats, and 25 total for my plies. I feel like I went out and ran or something! I actually had to do a runner's stretch today (not one of my usual stretches) just to loosen my quads. I did an hour on the treadmill this morning hoping to loosen things up, but to no avail. It still hurts immensely (but in a good way) to walk, much less sit or stand! owwweeee!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #13  

Hey Fran..kudos for the uping the weights..I love the sore feeling. I'm sick in the head I know. I just like to know I pushed myself. I take Glucosamine every day and of course lots of water helps with some of the soreness. Do you do Yoga? I try and do it three times a week but that doesn't always happen. I do some of the stretches involved quite often ..might help loosen things up a bit. Do you work out at at gym or at home? Alright enough questions..I'm going to the gym to do my LBWO at 7:00 with one of my workout buddies (almost got her convinced to join me in BFL..we shall see).

Take care.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #14  

Hey Michelle, I do my w/o at home, either in the morning getting up early, or after dinner. I don't like yoga poses, so I don't do that, but have found a happy middle ground with pilates, which I love. I haven't done any since the summer though. Right now I'm so focused on doing cardio every day that it's rare to have "extra" workout time, altho I should try it again on a weekend.

BUt you're right - the pain is good. After all, that's why I moved it on up, bc I couldn't "feel" my workouts anymore. I knew it was time for a change. I used to only feel it when I was going down steps and I thought that was good. This is new and good!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #15  

I'm a cardio junkie too. Its hard to fit in everything I love to do but the Yoga benefits you in so many ways too so I do it over and above my cardio fixes. And I do the Yoga at home as that's just not something I'm ready to do in the gym yet. I like Pilates also but don't do it as often as I would like as its hard to fit everything in! Who would have thought loving exercise could be this frustrating!!! Kiddin' of course, no frustration here..I just have to balance things out more. Then there's the weight/strength training..well gotta love those too. Hmm..heard of Yogalites? I haven't tried it..but would be interested in anyone who has?! Fran, do you read Women's Health? If not, there's some great home workouts, tips and tricks on their website (and its free). Anyway, I thought I'd share.

Michelle