1000 miles in 2009 #3!!!!!

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Ennay -- very interesting about the barefoot running, I've never tried it, I feel like I'm too heavy and will hurt myself.

+5.1 mile run this morning...
  • I saw a guy run a marathon barefoot once.

2.5 miles today. We went to the high school track to time a mile but it was totally closed off. They are filming a movie there. As an aside, they are filming another movie where I work (with Hilary Swank). I did not see Hilary Swank but I had to park in a different area. So anyway we had to change our running plans so we only got 2.5 miles in. DH will help me get some Paris pix up tonight.
  • Looking forward to the pictures!

I've never run on a track because our high school seems to keep their all locked up. I'd love to give it a try some time.
  • I shut my alarm off again this morning and the kids are zonked so I'll miss my gym time. Sheesh. I got lazy.
  • +1 on Monday
    +2.75 on Tuesday

Hoping for more today.
  • +8 today, combo of treadmill, ellitpical, bike
  • Finally a decent run after 2 days of serious slacking. 7.5 today, 2 yesterday, 2 wednesday
  • Got our 4 mile in to Starbucks and back. Missed the rest of the week since Sunday due to ....too tired after work!!!... Plus Angie has the mutts out for their 3 evey morning before off to summer school...giving me a break(?)

Glad to see you back Baby Catcher...sounds like a wonderful experience!

Just saw a guy run a marathon barefoot a few weeks ago when I watched my daughter....coming from a guy that is never barefoot I don't get it...now Angie does...shoes come off when the car stops unless she is on a run!

285/1000 MILES
  • 3 miles today!
  • 10 miles today with 5 @ marathon pace.

I am pretty sold on the barefoot running at least in short stints. My heel feels better than at any time in the last 2 years after only 1 week of every other day 0.5 mile bf runs. I dont see me converting to barefoot running for real running. To me it is more of a crosstraining thing. Xtraining my feet.
  • +4
  • Adding 2 to stay ahead of Baby Catcher!

287/1000 MILES
  • 13.3 today to make it 1000.0 even for the year.
  • Congrats on hitting 1000 Ennay, w00t! Awesome!

+3.1 mile run this morning...
  • +5 last mon
    +5 last wed
    +5 yesterday

ok chicks (Jo, Midwife) where is the photographic evidence??

welcome home Midwife!!

Ennay, on what surface do you run barefoot?