Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #106  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Annie~ Good for you for staying positive!!

Sandy~ Mmmm Taco salad sounds like a wonderful thing to eat today! I am having an asian one with scallops for dinner tonight. I cant wait.

Em~ I can't stress it enough.. water water water!! If you are retaining fluid and that is why you arent having results, drink more!!!! Try it with a little lemon in it. I like it that way

Brenda
Old 02-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #107  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Brenda~Scallops in taco salad?? I must have the recipe! Andy LOVES scallops. Can you post it on the recipe page?
Old 02-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #108  
trying again!

Sandy~ its not a taco salad its an Asian one with sesame/ginger dressing and scallops on top. I sprinkle a few chowmein noodles over top. All I use is lettuce, shredded cabbage (whatever really you want in the salad) and I cook the scallops with a little olive oil, onions and peppers and pour them over the top. Just buy the salad dressing and you can get light ones, some even have a peanut taste. You could use almond slivers if you wanted too instead of the chowmein noodles as well

Brenda
Old 02-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

I have more time now to catch up a bit.

Kymberly: You CAN do it. You are so very close to your goal honey. Keep up the good work!

Emily: Hugs to you. It will happen. Maybe shake some things up a bit with your eating or drinking a bit more water like Brenda said. Good luck.

Shadie: The jobs that I am going for are both in the Administrative Assistant Field. That is the kind of work I have done for the past 15 years or so. It makes me so happy to see you posting. Hugs.

Sandy: I did enjoy Dr. Phil. I think he was very respectful to both of the people on his show. He didn't candy coat things but he was very kind. I think the lady had an attitude in my opinion. I feel so sorry for her daughter. Not saying it is right but, when you get that big.....like me, there WERE times when I used to feel like I couldn't take care of myself. My sister and her four children were living with my husband and myself and they really waited on me so much that I began to expect it and not do for myself. I feel like the people around them have helped to continue their behavior. I'm not blaming them but maybe if That lady got up and fixed her own meals she would eat differently. At least she would be getting a bit of exercise going to and from the kitchen. LOL. The Taco salad that you are planning to make for dinner sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try sometime to do the turkey instead of hamburger etc.

Patti and Brenda: Hi ya. Thanks for the compliments. It makes me want to get up and ride my bike right now. lol. I haven't done it yet. I need to jump on there.

Well, Hope everyone else is doing well. Sure ma missing a bunch of you ladies: Ammi: Hugs, Jillybean, Zelma, Kat, Catherine, Sharon, Val, Lilion, Heather, all of you ladies who are a bit MIA sure do miss you and hope you are doing wonderfully today.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #110  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm here--just in a bit of a dieting slump, mostly thanks to my current work schedule. My company has 2 divisions, and I am the only person who does what I do, so even though I technically work for 1 division, the other division has been using me a lot lately as well. And so, I'm working for multiple bosses on multiple projects, and I worked late many days these past 2 weeks, worked in the office for about 6 hours today (Saturday), have work to do this evening and tomorrow (Sunday) at home, and have to work on Monday even though the office is closed for Presidents' Day. And no, I don't get overtime since I am salaried. Good thing they pay me pretty well, plus my bosses are very understanding and allow me to take some comp time in the future after busy stretches like this (even though comp time is actually technically against company policy). My VP even suggest I just save my holiday for another time and take a whole day off at some point since I'm not getting the 3-day weekend everyone else has this weekend.

But anyway, I haven't been exercising at all, I've been kind of tired, and I've been not making time to plan/pack food, so I've been stuck eating the crap available at the office (NutriGrain bars, plain white bagels, glazed donuts, etc.). Time to learn how to fit planning and packing into my busy schedule. I used to do a lot of advance cooking/packing on the weekends, but now I'm basically working full days on the weekends

But I'm alive and well...and it seems this busy work stretch is going to last a couple more weeks (since the proposals on which I'm working are not due until Feb. 26 and March 2). Please forgive me for not posting much--but I do come and read everyone else's posts when I have time!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #111  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Brenda~That salad sounds to die for. I'll definitely check it out. I love the idea of toasted almond slivers on it too.

Annie~I totally agree that woman abused her daughter. She has to get up and cook for herself. I must wear my sneakers in the house otherwise my feet hurt cuz of my weight. She should try that. That poor teen age daughter. She's so resentful. You can just see it in her face. And the anger that poor girl has. I wanted to cry when I saw her with her grandma. Can you believe she lost custody of her daughter too???
I agree she has an attitude problem. I don't think she's ready to commit to a life style change. You can still have delicious grilled cheese sandwiches (which seemed to be her staple) and make them healthy. We use low cal wheat bread, low fat cheese and don't but any butter on the bread. It makes it like toast with gooie cheese inside. Oh well, I guess it's always easy to fix someone elses problem when looking in from the outside.

Jilly!!~So good to see you post. I was wonderin' where you were. Sorry the job is so stressful right now. Have you thought of getting the fresh fruit salads and "diper" veggies already made up at the store? That might help a little. And one of the things that saves me is those Lean Cuisines frozen meals, Healthy Choice soups and Oatmeal and those wonderful sweet rice cakes. You can find all of the above at my desk at work right now.(well, not the frozen meals, but everything else) Hang in there, it'll be ok. Try to do your water! So glad to see you're alright.

Well, I went to the bread store. Then on the way home we drove past dd's school to see if it had been plowed yet. It had from the big snow, but not todays snow. BUT, there were lots of people there with their kids sledding. It's a perfect place. No trees to crash into, not too crowded, nice parking lot , good steep hills. You don't have to worry about your child sledding too far and running into the street, cuz it's like a gully. Hills on each side. Well, needless to say, we put away stuff from the bread store and went sledding. Well, dd went sledding, I just pushed her and laughed my butt off. She had a blast. It was the first good snow we've had in years so she was actually able to go out and enjoy the snow. She laughed so hard while screaming and flying down the hill. Sometimes she'd crash and roll over and over all while she was laughing. It was wonderful. ..... and kept me out of the house wanting to munch!
I hope all of you have had a wonderful day. Today is probably one of the best day's I've had with my family in a long, long time. DH is due home soon......after he stops at walmart and gets dd a new sled. Her's is worn out from her older sisters and a nice little boy let her borrow his extra.
Hugs to all of you.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #112  
trying again!

hey guys
having a munchie night, trying to get through it. I had an apple earlier. that didnt do it. Tried some tea. I hate tea I even tried a vanilla one. I still hate tea Now I am having some lowfat lowsugar yogurt with some Bran buds thrown in. Quite yummy. That may do it. After I am finished I'll change the laundry and go and cross stitch for a while.

Had to come here and get some will power. Cant screw up next weeks weigh in already

Night! Brenda
Old 02-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #113  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

Hope you are all keeping on track! I just got back from a trip to Fort Lauderdale and also a 4 night cruise to Cozumel Mexico. It was fun but I have had kind of a frustrating month or so as I got what is apparently a severly pulled leg muscle and can't exercise much at all or hardly even walk. But it is getting a bit better. Sure messed up my vacation but I had fun anyway.

Blessings to everyone
Old 02-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sue -- Good to see you! Just realized I never answered your last pm!!! I hope you still managed to enjoy your cruise... sorry to hear about the pulled muscle. I hate getting injured now -- totally throws me off!!! Welcome back!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 AM   #115  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the advice ladies, I am going to drink sooo much water in the hope that it helps to get some weight going!! Just been to the gym and did my work out, it really is such hard work to get going, but always so worth it when I have been

Hopped on the scales again and no downward movement so I have two plans; 1) Just to weigh once a week 2) to put my scales away and either get mine out once a week, or use my mums once a week.That way I can concentrate on getting fitter but not having to worry to much about my weight between weigh ins. I get very obsessive about weighing in all the time and it really doesn't help.

My dear h has been driving me absolutely NUTS these last few days, really I could do something I would regret, but fear not I have not committed any crime, just look forward to being out of the house on Monday!! lol MR Grumpy should really be his name!!

Emx
Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 AM   #116  
trying again!

Morning Everyone

Well, I made it through my munchie night. I even came downstairs one more time after my yogurt, cursed at myself when I headed to the fridge and proceeded to turn around and come back upstairs.

I am still feeling sick today but it is my nose/head now and not in my chest. That is something that I can handle. I feel like I can exercise again today!

ok time for breakfast. Its a toss-up between shredded wheat or egg whites. Hmmm? Not much of a choice *L*

Talk at ya later!
Brenda
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #117  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Morning Chicks
Hope everyone has a wonderful day ahead. wanted to post quickly before i get ready for church.
ANNIE: you are doing so well. thats a great victory that you didnt go out to eat and instead ate at home. going out to eat is always my downfall. keep up the good work
JILL: Glad to see you posting. i totally understand the job stress. my job most of the time gets in the way of all my other things i need to do. it can be very hard to focus on diet and excersise when you are working all the time.
SANDY: I didnt see the dr phil show, but i went to the dr phil website and checked it out. i, too, felt sorry for the daughter. it seems to me the mother is in denial about her health and wt. the man, on the other hand, seems ready to do anything to regain his life and health. i was very touched and saddened by both their stories though.
EMILY: i would suggest not weighing everyday. alot of my friends do that and the variations from day to day are enough to make you crazy! maybe you can pick one day a week to do it, and stick to that day. your doing great
MISTI: happy to see you posting, sorry about your injury, but glad you had a great trip
ERIKA: i have missed your posts.hope you and amanda are well. has she gone back to the doctors yet?
PATTI: good job on losing the xmas wt gain hows your leg by the way?
AMMI: i hope your feeling better today
BRENDA: congratulations on the wt loss!! that is fantastic. keep up the good work
MECHELLE: im happy for you to be in your new environement. the 24 hrs of darkness thing in alaska would literally kill me! i totally get the seasonal depression thing each winter.
EVERYONE: keep up the good work
As for me, i am enjoying a rare complete weekend off. im going to church today, and dont know what else i have planned. on the food and excersise front, things continue to go really well again, we will see wednesday how well, lol
have a wonderful day
Old 02-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #118  

Morning all!

I feel really good. Had quite the surprise on the scale this AM. Was going to wait until tommorrow, but gave in to my need to know.

I have been diligent with my food diary, including my water, etc. Makes me feel like I am making healthy choices rather than dieting. I like that!! Portion control!! I am bad about drinking water, but I have gotten my min. water in every day and some days more.

Anyway....enjoy this beautiful Sunday everyone!!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #119  

Good morning everyone. Kymberly my leg is much better today though i spun around on it too much yesterday doing housework and forgot to wear my wrap so it hurts just a tiny bit today . Ammi hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hello everyone! hope you're all doing well. i had a great surprise at work last week and found out that the family i nanny for had decided they needed a vacation and went to florida on friday, so i got a 4 day weekend! it's been awesome! sleeping in is my favorite! and, i'm not sure why this is because i pack lunch and snacks to take with me, but when i'm at home during the day, my blood sugar seems better. that makes me really happy cuz i'm taking glyburide at night and don't want to increase my dose, so the better the blood sugar, the happier i am! it was even good after going out for lunch yesterday. i almost got up to do a happy dance!

sharon--the boys are totally in love with the baby! the youngest is always rubbing and kissing my stomach. you'd think it was his baby! they've already asked if i can have a girl cuz they want a sister. their mom said she'd love it if we had a girl cuz then she could go shopping for cute girl's stuff which she never got to do. we have a girl's name picked, but are still trying to agree on a boy's name, so i figure, we're either having a girl since it was so easy to pick the name, or since we can't agree on a boy's name, we'll have a boy that we can't name! lol both of our families and all of our friends are really excited! my dad's passing was really hard on my mom and this is like a ray of light for her. i have a friend who can't have kids and she can't wait for ours. besides just making us thrilled, this baby is going to be so loved and spoiled, it won't even be funny!

sandy--this is our first baby. we'd been trying for awhile, but i think a random dr's visit helped us. i went because i was having panic attacks and after doing some blood work found out i have hypothyroidism, which can keep you from getting pregnant. i've been on medicine since and then in december, we were pregnant! my dh actually knew before i admitted it. he was so funny. i was SO moody, my boobs were killing me, but i was so sure my period was coming. he'd just look at me, smile and say "no way. you're pregnant!" when i finally took the test, he made me take two different ones and when they were both positive, i finally had to admit he was right!
oh, we have a scale that weighs up to 350. it's by homedics and i got it at linens and things. the model number is sc-310. i love it cuz it's just as acurrate as the scale at the dr's office and it was only $39, i think. they have other ones that go up to 400. i got mine at the store, but they have online ordering too.

vamp--a belated i know you'll love it here!

nancy--hope all is well with whatever decisions you're making. what you were saying about closing doors totally makes sense. let me just tell you that when i broke up with someone during college, it was really hard for me and was one of the reasons i added to an already large weight gain. i was alone for a long time, then ran into someone who was interested when we'd first met. we ended up dating for about a year, but the whole time i knew i wasn't really interested and felt bad about leading him on, but really wanted to be in a relationship. finally, i had to just face the fact that i'd be happier alone then with him (he was a great guy and is a good friend, we just weren't right for each other to date) and broke it off. i was only alone for about a year and then i met the man i married. i think that when you make those realizations, good things start happening because you're more open to them and you get where you are supposed to be. we have to make the mistakes so we learn to recognize the good things when they come and appreciate them. i know you'll do what's right for you and you'll feel so good when things start moving forward again!

michelle--glad to hear you've finally gotten moved and are settling in. now, get to the dr for that ear! i hate going to the dr (although i'm getting used to it now since i'm there all the time for the baby) but i don't mess around with my hearing or my eyes. and don't worry about your weight. i fit in the dentist's chair and don't have a problem at the eye dr. and even though i know i'm no size 6, i always figure that i'm pretty healthy and they've seen everything anyway, so i'm not going to be showing them anything they haven't seen before!

ammi-- to you, my friend! hope you're feeling better soon! here's some sunshine to brighten your day!

brenda--i saw you were debating between egg whites and shredded wheat for breakfast. i'd kill to have cereal again (can't have it, too many carbs for my gestational diabetes) so i vote for the shredded wheat! please tell me how yummy it was!

thanks to everyone for the congrats on the baby! i'm sure i'll be posting about it all the time, so i hope i don't drive anyone crazy. if anyone has any great baby/pregnancy stories, i'd love to hear them. especially if you were close to the weight you are now and didn't have any problems. those make me feel so much better! everyone take care, lori
Closed Thread