Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread (#1093)

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.
We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning, all!

I am starting to feel like I have a little more control over my eating. I was never fully crazy off plan, but for months have been eating an extra 100-300 extra calories/day.

And, it looks like I'll be getting in some more snow shovelling exercise this week.

Speaking of exercise, where'd everyone go on the exercise thread?? Seems we lost a lot of people -- the bloom is off those New Year's resolutions, but you can still jump back on the horse (so to speak) and start moving and shaking again!!! I invite everyone who's fallen off to recommit to exercise in 2007!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning....

Looks like I too will be getting some snow shovelling exercise this week as well, but mine isn't much...just my step and sidewalk.

I've been doing rather well. My first goal is to not eat anything after 8pm and so far so good...i've been sticking with it.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #4  

good morning i over slept this morning lazy me.. hope everyone has a good WI . got lots to do today so i gotta go get started!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #5  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

hello all - I weighed in this am and am the same at 300 - am going to weigh in every monday again, don't like the insecurity of not weighing - something I would like to get out of when I am slimmer.

Wyellen - exercise thread can u just log on and add your daily minutes> cos i am doing quite a lot of minutes so be happy to add mine in? Glad u are feeling more on top of things,thats a good thing., Maybe u just needed a bit of time off so to speak.

Everyone else, hope u have good weigh ins today.

I have been and done a nursing shift, and am going to the gym with hubby tonite.

Em x
Old 02-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Heather--I know I am guilty of having ditched the exercise for some time now (and being absent from the exercise thread). I don't really have any excuses or reasons--I just gave up the whole getting up at a ridiculous hour thing, and walking outside has not been an option because of the weather lately (I can handle the cold, but the whipping wind is a different story!). I've been trading in the exercise for some extra sleep. I'm sure I'll get back into it eventually--it'll randomly happen when I'm ready, just like before

Emilymay--at least "at the same 300" means no gain, right? It's a minor victory, but a victory nonetheless

The winter storm is heading our way tonight through Wednesday. I laugh as every around here freaks out about it--the Weather Channel says less than 2 inches total accumulation, and yet schools are already closed for tomorrow. Having grown up in CT where our school buses literally just put chains on the tires when it snowed, it kills me to see how some people can overreact

My stomach is much, much better now. I'm back to eating normal amounts and types of foods (as opposed to Friday when all I had at all during the day was a cup of applesauce and a yogurt).

Jeff told me he wants to take me to The Cheesecake Factory for Valentine's Day on Wednesday. He said he was trying to make reservations as a surprise, but they don't take reservations, so he had to tell me in advance so we could leave as early as possible to get there (since there will probably be a good 2-hour wait). He knows I LOVE cheesecake, but I also know it's the night right before my TOPS weigh-in, so I'll have to choose very wisely.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #7  

Hi all...I've been MIA for a while now. And was horribly embarrassed to even post today. I slipped. BIG TIME! I'm not too concerned about the weight -- I dont think I've gained anything, my habits are what have me concerned. I can't recall if I ever posted this, but for years I was anorexic and bulimic and I slipped back to those behaviours. I'm working hard to get out of that and I'm hoping coming here will help set me back on the right track again.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #8  

Default Jumping into the fray!

Good Morning all! I have loved reading all about your trials and triumphs and I am jumping into the conversation, but I must say, you have to be a fast typer to keep up with this thread! LOL! I am really struggling with my emotions since I haven't been able to stuff them, it is manifesting itself in strange ways, (short tempered, edgy, not sleeping) I am trying to be aware of it and deal in non food ways, and with valentines day coming I have visions of chocolate dancing through my head, I have officially requested a new CD for vday instead of food from DH (I want the Dreamgirls soundtrack!!!!) Oh, and 3 more pounds gone! Hope y'all have a great day! Thanks for letting me join in the fun! Jane

Old 02-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Time to fess up......last week I really struggled to stay on track, I managed it, but it was a real chore. Even exercising was a battle. On Saturday it wasn't hard to be talked into going out for a Pizza, and I had that, garlic bread AND chocolate cake. I thought that would put an end to my struggle, but Sunday was hard work again. Today I weighed and didn't see a loss. It didn't surprise me and it didn't upset me. It did help me decide that I need a diet break. So today I didn't go nuts, but when I wanted something I got it instead of having to say no. So a foot long Subway instead of a 6" one, a bar of chocolate instead of nothing, sugar in my coffee instead of sweeteners. It's been soooooo good to not say NO all day, and I am hoping now that I have that out of my system I will be back on track tomorrow.

Take care all and I'll be back later.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Middlesister: Yea for you on your -12 since 2/7. That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you. You can do it honey. Just keep up the great work.

Heather: Be careful when you have to shovel all that snow. Watch your back etc.

KnCmamma: Congrats on doing your first goal of not eating past 8 p.m. That is a wonderful achievement. You should be proud. Onward and downward!

Emily: All you do on the exercise thread is Log on and add your minutes to the group's minutes and post it. That's how easy it is! If you want ot have a little challenge with yourself set an exercise goal and try to match it or beat it. It doesn't have to be spactacular. My first exercise goal that I matched/beat was 100 minutes for a month. Lots of ladies post daily their exercise for the day. I post on Sunday Night and the very last day of the month. It is all up to you!

Simone: Don't fret about any slip ups. We all slip up and into our old habbits at times. That is what we are here for supporting each other. As for your eating disorder, please, please consider seeing a counselor who specializes in that area. I fear for your safety sweetie. Honestly no judging at all. I myself am sooo obese and I have sought out help too. I just worry for you. Hugs to you and please keep coming back here. We all care about you and would love to try to lift you up back on the healthy weight loss band wagon. Not to mention all the encouragement that you could give to someone else who is in need. Hugs to you honey!

MissBliss: Yea to you on your -3 pounds. Glad to have you on board!

Ammi: No guilt doll. Hopefully you got it out of your system. You have been really pretty much a weight loss angel. No guilt. Remember that. No guilt. Tomorrow back on track. Hugs to you.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 PM   #11  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon everyone. I fell into a frozen cheese pizza Saturday and couldn't get up! So no loss this week. I knew it was happening too. All day I observed my antsiness just leaning towards that. Boredom can be conquered but only if your mind is alert. If your thought processes feel stuffed full of cotton that complicates things. I knew I should call someone, or get busy doing something but I just felt so slooooow. I know it came about because I didn't get out much all week. Isolation makes my brain go into slow motion.

Jane - I hear ya, sister! As evidenced above. Losing the food crutch for emotions can be brutal at times.

Jill - Glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a blast at the Cheesecake Factory and that you can fit in a piece of cheesecake if you want to!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Simone: Don't fret about any slip ups. We all slip up and into our old habbits at times. That is what we are here for supporting each other. As for your eating disorder, please, please consider seeing a counselor who specializes in that area. I fear for your safety sweetie. Honestly no judging at all. I myself am sooo obese and I have sought out help too. I just worry for you. Hugs to you and please keep coming back here. We all care about you and would love to try to lift you up back on the healthy weight loss band wagon. Not to mention all the encouragement that you could give to someone else who is in need. Hugs to you honey!
Thank you, Annie for your concern. I did go back to see a therapist for this and my GP as well [he prescribes my meds]. I didn't want it to get out of hand like it had before. I know the signs and I know when it's time to get my butt back to the therapist for help. I hated living like that and I don't want to go back to that.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #13  

Ammi i agree no guilt and you are doing so well i hope you enoyed it very much.. and i had a difficult weekend too
Old 02-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #14  

Hey everyone,

Getting settled in here. For now I have pretty much unpacked everything we have so far. All of our other stuff will be here in 3 weeks. I have not really been feeling that well lately. I am hypothyroid and my last Dr had a hard time getting my levels right. And I think once again they are low again. So I am dragging! I have to find all new doctors now. Also like many of you I have not been doing well with food at all! Back in Barrow, AK there was no fast food. Well we have been eating HORRIBLE the last few days and we feel horrible. I actually feel so sick! So yesterday we went grocery shopping and I got some great healthy food. I forget now I can actually get fresh meats and fruit! Life here is for sure better! Also I am about to order some workout clothes from Avenue. Just getting back on track!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Take care!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #15  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Went to the gym, and did an hours exercise (after nursing shift) really pleased myself....

AND doing really well with my eating too - happy girl!!
Closed Thread