Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #1  

Exclamation Phase I plateau

I have been on Phase 1 for 19 days and I weigh the same as on day 14. Is this common to stop losing weight? I have fluctuated a pound all week. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I tried cutting out the chesse and eating only chicken for the past week and I saw no improvement. I follow the Phase 1 diet to the tee. I am feeling discouraged.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #2  

well, for what it's worth...the same thing happened to me until i started to work out a bit. That made me lose a few more pounds and started to firm me up a bit. Also - for me...I was kind of cheating on the nuts, eating more than the allowed....so I tried to cut them out...or at least be really strict about them...not eating them every day.
And the ricotta cremes...instead of making them all part skim, i started making them mostly fat free with a little part skim in there...just to cut the fat since I was eating them every day.
It's hard though. I lost about 9 or 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks...and then nothng for weeks. I didnt gain, but i didn't lose. I thinkthe working out did it for me. But it was awfully discouraging.
Also - if you didn't have that much to lose, those last 5 or so pounds can be a real doozy.
I don't know if that helps at all....but don't get discouraged!
Old 05-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Why don't you try moving into phase II. Phase I is not really meant for more than two weeks. You will probably start losing again when you add more variety to your menus. I have read that people have not lost much on phase I but then started losing steadily in II. Are you drinking lots of water? That stops my weight loss sometimes if I cut back. Good luck with everything.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replies girls. I will try phase II and workout more often.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:02 PM   #5  

I am glad to have come across this thread, and that someone else experienced what I did -- I lost 9 lbs during the first 2 weeks and then no more, on my third and fourth of phase 1.

I have decided, though, that I should try to stop eating the peanut butter cup recipe each day. Although it is delicious -- there is a lot of fat in the peanut butter. I am going to try cutting down on those....
Old 06-08-2004, 04:52 PM   #6  
Sully

my problem is witih phase 2. I havea been stuck at the same weight for almost 6 weeks. Any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  

CatsPlay, I too am addicted to the peanut butter cups !!! But, if you want to ...someone said that it tastes like a frosty if you just have the fudge bar and cool whip.
Closed Thread