Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I met with the day care center today. I signed Carson up! The place was lovely! SO clean~ The ratio is 4:1. You should see the cribs- Very high quality stuff! I even asked to pull out the high chairs (to check for dried food etc-- not a speck!) They even provided me with the cleaning schedule, and what they use to clean! I asked many questions, like how they heat the bottles,(they use a crockpot), if I could send breast milk (yes) and they asked me If I would ever be able to stop in to breast feed! WOW! The one caregiver has been with them for over 15 years and the other is going on 4 years! It was a really great experience! There were tons of stimulation toys available, they do belly time every day and they provide all bed linens, bibs, diapers and wipes. I asked to see the bed stuff and they gladly showed it. They are all certified in Child CPR and basic first aide. I got a parent hand book and I just felt really comfortable. I went with my gut!. Carsons first day will be November 14. He'll be hopefully around 12 weeks old at that time. (if he's not stubborn and is born around his due date!) I am excited and feel real good about this! Thanks again for all your advice!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Woohoo! Sounds like a great place. I'm glad you found a place where you feel comfortable with the staff and enviroment.

Hopefully Carson will arrive on time....
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #18  
Helen

That is great news!! Good job on the check in. I never would have thought about the high chairs!!
Rottenbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:56 PM   #19  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

That sounds really clean...
I don't want anyone to ever look at my high chair (or my kitchen floors.. or behind the stove.. should I go on? )

Last edited by Charbar; 06-15-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:25 AM   #20  

LOL Dana-- that is too funny!

I also found out yesterday that they have a webcam set up. I can log right into it from any computer with a password that they assign me. This place is awesome!

You know, we haven't seen Kimberlie around... I wonder if she's gone into labor!

I can hardly wait. I am starting to fell a little "icky" lately. I am having some braxton hicks going on and I am so tired all the time. I am also into getting organized with everything. I am driving myself crazy!! Its all so exciting and scary!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #21  

no labor here, been battling a bunch of stress in my life right now and just trying to stay sane until Mr. Ryan gets his eviction notice from me. I'm gonna kill someone in the next few weeks so I may give birth in jail
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #22  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Kimberlie.. you are getting so close! It's a hard time.. it could be any day.. or a month from now. It's hard not knowing. But trust me.. you will know when you are supposed.
I hope the stress leaves your body real soon! You don't need it girlie!!! hugs to you and mr. Ryan (I love that name!!)

btw.. have you only gained 5 lbs????? :clap:

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 11:55 AM   #23  

That was my last official weigh-in at the OB/GYNs but when I go Monday I'll probably have gained from stress eating
Old 06-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #24  

I hear you on the stress thing! I've been crying alot!

I hope you will feel better soon!! No hard time in Jail ok?? lol

I am so excited for you!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #25  

You girls are getting me so excited with all of this delivery talk, but I'm not due until the end of November! It's going to be a long, long (& hot) summer!

Kimberly, definitely stay out of jail! I hope the stress lets up a little for you. If anyone bugs you, just give them the "I'm pregnant, don't mess with me" look

Old 06-16-2005, 02:24 PM   #26  

Well let's see in the past 2 weeks the IRS wants $1300 I didn't know I owed them, Ford tried to reposess my 2002 Taurus because they claimed I owed them money which I didn't, my dad had a heart catheterization which my mother didn't tell me about until after it was over, baby's daddy disappeared off the face of the Earth for a month then writes me a letter wanting to know if I'm mad, my coworker who was my best friend for 4 years is trying to get me fired, her ex-boyfriend has been showing up at my house for booty calls (yeah like I'm in the mood right????), and last but not least I had to take a state exam to get a certification for my job. So once I shoot everyone I know I'll feel much better
Old 06-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #27  

Geesh-- You have every right to be stressed!!!

It will get better..
Old 06-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #28  

Hmmm....maybe jail is the safest place for you be right now (JK!) Good grief! You got a lot on your plate, not to mention a baby arriving soon! I hope you're able to resolve some of the problems soon!