PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #76  
Rattie Lover

Thumbs up Bounce..Not Just For Dryers Anymore...

The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The yellow jackets just veer around you.

And all this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!

It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.
It also repels mice.. spread them around foundation areas, or in trailers, cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

Repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
Eliminates static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

Freshen the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

Freshen the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan.
Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food.
Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce
will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

Golfers put a Bounce sheet in the! ir back pocket to keep the bees away.
Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. Keeps them smelling fresh.

And now that you know, print and keep on file or pass it around!!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #77  
Rattie Lover

Talking Good Morning Girls!!

The sun is shining...and NOODLES got a full nights sleep!! Yippee!! I took a nice hot bubble bath last night and soaked for a while and read God's word. There's something very soothing about a warm bath and reading inspirational things that calms my soul.

DD is doing much better. She is eating and drinking normally again. Must of been a 24 hour thing. DH brought home our favorite: Vietnamese Pho Soup and Chicken & Steamed Rice with cucumbers, carrots, and fish oil sauce. YUM!

So..we're going to head up to the tournament after all. I'll be goneski for a few days. Ahhhhh...I can feel the 3FC withdrawls now!! But it will be nice to have some time away with just DH & DD. We're going to go to a ghost town on Sunday. I'll take pics for ya.

Well, must get my rear in gear around here. I still have to list a few more goodies on FeeBaY, do dishes, run the vacuum, dust, water the yard, feed the animals & prepare them for their "house sitter", gather up my judging materials, pack, and go go go!! Woosh!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:47 PM   #78  
Swimming Mouse

Default Success!!

WOO HOO!

I believe I mentioned that the orthopedist's office weighed me earlier this week with the cast on, and that I truly didn't believe the scale. The boot weighs about 5-7 pounds, plus I had a shoe on and my clothes... So, a good 10 pounds or so in addition to me.

Well, I'm back at the gym now (went swimming for 2.5 hours yesterday, and an hour today after work, I plan to go to the water aerobics class tomorrow morning as well!), and so decided to weigh myself. I did it after class, and after I'd changed back into street clothes... I had my sneakers on (mid-tops, and leather) plus my regular clothes... And since I've now seen it twice... the numbers mean that I've lost at least 50 pounds since October!

Last spring, my doctor was unable to get a weight: I see her on Wednesday afternoon, and will be more than happy to let her weigh me.

I celebrated by buying a skinny friend some Jewish pastry (I introduced her to it when my grandmother made the low-fat version she makes at the holidays) from the gorumet store. My friend was appreciative, and I enjoyed my fresh cherries that I picked up at the same place.

Old 05-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #79  
Rattie Lover

Unhappy I had a bad weekend...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

I'm home!! I have a freaking headache and I'm in a rotten mood so I am not going to post much cause I don't want to be too negative and bring the moods down. If you want to read about it just go here...I left it in the bite me thread...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40652

I'll be back when I feel more chipper. Right now I'd like to just ring some necks!!!!!!!! But I'll opt for a nap instead.

PS: Hubby didn't go with us. He wound up getting sick and yakking too, like the kid did Wed. Poor guy. That's why he yelled at the cat. He finally fell asleep and the cat woke him up. *sigh*
Old 05-24-2004, 07:42 AM   #80  

Congratulations Anonymouse on the weight loss! Good for you!

Noodles, sorry about your weekend and the rude people. Glad to see you avoided the flu.

Well I said goodbye to my friend yesterday. It was a nice visit but I was a little off my game due to the Metformin and my first cycle in 6 mos. I was sick for a couple days which was surprising b/c I thought I had adjusted to the Metformin.

Noodles, I would not have noticed it unless you hadn't posted something, but I do feel tired with the Met. I'm having the worst time working up any energy for anything. I'm going to be taking my B vitamins this week as I have a very very busy week ahead. And I want to get back to exercising, but that'll have to wait until next week.

I'm picking about a pint of berries a day right now, it'll keep going up as June comes. But the birds have discovered my patch and I'm having to scare them off--I don't want to share with anyone!

Have a great day!

Violet
Old 05-24-2004, 10:19 AM   #81  
Happy Heathen

Default Weigh-in Today

Anonymouse; congrats on your weight loss

Noodles; Thanks for the welcome on my introduction thread, and I'm sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. I hope you get better.

Violet; When I was little, we had blackberry and blueberry patches all over the place (before I moved to the city *yuck*), and in order to keep them all to ourselves, we would drape a piece of white screening over it - it allowed the light in but kept the birds out. Of course, it would be good to leave at least one bush uncovered - birds need their nutrition too Generally the bush with the least sunlight and farthest from the water source will yield the least tasty berries, so leaving that one "for the birds" shouldn't affect your cobblers and jams Now you have me craving berries...

Well, I weighed in today after two weeks on my new plan, and I lost 6 pounds and 3.5 inches all over!! I'm so happy I found something that really works with my insulin to not only keep me from gaining weight, but to lose it too! Thank you Colette Harris!!

Hope everyone has a great week

-Vanessa
Old 05-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #82  
Rattie Lover

CONGRATS TO MY FAVORITE MOUSE!!

Old 05-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #83  
Rattie Lover

Hi Violet & Vanessa!!

Ya I'm glad I avoided the flu too. **knocks on wood** That is the last thing I want!! Yeck.

Violet: Sounds like you had a good time as best as you could with your friend visiting...that's what I need..a trip to see my best friends for a week. hmmm...

I take vitamin B complex. It sure does make a difference. Give the met time to kick in...cause when it does you wont have that dragging tired feeling 20 minutes after you eat anymore. I know when I forget to take mine...I get the yawns!! hehe

A good way to keep birds away is to use old AOL CD roms and either somehow tie them so they hang over the garden, or put them around the garden. The shiny glare keeps the birds from eating your garden delights. And to think we always thought we should just throw away those CDs!!

Vanessa!! Congrats on the 6 pound loss!! YAY!!!

Well, I'm having a lazy day. I need to get going though and print more flyers, call the newspaper, and check the pound and HSSA for my cat. **sniffles** I miss my 15 pound lazy boy.

Have a good day girls!!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:48 PM   #84  
Swimming Mouse

Thanks all, for the compliments. I wore a new shirt today, I'd bought it last year, but only because it was 'buy one get one free', and I really needed a white scoop-neck shirt for a school thing-y last year. I picked up the other shirt because it was free. I never wore it because I felt huge in the white one, and kept tugging at it (its the stretchy cotton fabric).
But, I got compliments on it with my black cargo pants (which, depsite the school ban, I wore anyway... I *like* those pants!)
Had my 1st PT session for the ankle today, and then went swimming after, so I got plenty of exercise.

Violet: I was tired all the time I was on the glucophage. I never got over it, but my system never ever adjusted to it, and it didn't help me have any monthly cycles either. I was also cold: I wore my winter coat in my classroom; the classroom was notorious in the building for being warm and stuffy because it was originally an office, and the sensor for the air-vent was outside in the hallway for some dumb reason. It was so bad that the guidance director (my supervisor at the time!) observed me in January and insisted on closing the door: she brought me a purhcase order for a fan the next day! And here I am, in May, wearing my winter jacket! The school thought I'd lost my mind!

Vanessa: Congrats to you. I never lost any weight at all on glucophage (gained weight), gained weight on the Atkins diet (and was grouchy as all get out!), etc, etc. I don't follow a specific plan, I just eat healthy and in moderation (most of the time!)... I'd been exercising 3-4 days a week, but lately I've been going every day becasue I was out with the cast... And since I'm having trouble eating solid food, the exercise helps keep my energy level up. A lot of the meds that I take for the whole nameless endocrine disorder I have make me sick... It hasn't been pretty the last few weeks.

But... I have news about my classroom position for next year! Woo Hoo! I'm going to teach our lower functioning (cognitively) students contract services (get to use my training!!!), and also all the incoming freshman as the survey teacher. I get to keep my homeroom kids (I've had them the last 2 years) and I'm happy about that. I really want to see them graduate, they'll be seniors next year. I'm pretty attached to all of them, and fairly proud of 95% of them, and their accomplishments!
Contract services is a euphemism for 'sheltered workshop'. But that's okay... I've done it before.

Old 05-25-2004, 03:19 PM   #85  
Rattie Lover

Hi my favorite PCOSers!!

Ugh...I am really bummed out. I need to go visit my best friends for a while before I go stir crazy.

Still no cat. I put up flyers, went to pound and did paperwork, hub did the HSSA trip, and I put his pics on our local lost and found pet site. Oh and newspapers. Cosmo was a pound adoptee and already abused and so he's scared as it is of sounds and things. This time I wasn't home for him to run too. Besides that, everything else that could go wrong is going wrong. I'm ready to run away from home.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:15 PM   #86  

Poor Angel, I'm sorry about your kitty. Maybe you could post his picture here and on some local Arizona websites as well. It might help, you never know.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #87  
Swimming Mouse

Imp and I are still hoping, Noodles.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #88  
Rattie Lover

Thanks, Seek and Magi.

Im about ready to lose it. I got a short fuse and it's getting shorter. Ugh..I hate it when I get like this. Everything keeps going wrong here lately.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:35 AM   #89  

Hi everyone,

Angel, I am sorry about the kitty. I hope the pictures being put up will help and things will get back to normal soon. Chin up....Hugs to you.

Jenaya
Old 05-26-2004, 06:09 AM   #90  
Swimming Mouse

Oh, believe me, Angel, I'm familiar with that one! In my case, my short fuse gets directly shorter the week I'm off the one set of medication. And of course, that seems to be the week that my administration starts issuing BS statements via email about stupid stuff (like sandles or cargo pants!), and that my students start acting like they've never set foot inside a school before! You may remember my sharing of the door slamming and my refusal to speak with half the teaching team I work with for several days.
Here's hoping things get better and your baby comes home. I'd lose my mind if Imp disappeared. I'm always very nervous when I take him to my mom's house. He won't get in a carrycase at all, or if we get him in one, he meows himself hoarse. So I bought him a harness that attaches to the seatbelt in the car. That works, but he's so clever that he knows how to get himself out of it easily. So, I'm always worried he's going to get out of it, and then get spooked by something and run in the parking garage for my apartment... then go over the edge (I'm on the roof), or hit by a car.

Closed Thread