PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:58 AM   #61  
Rattie Lover

Talking Happy Friday!!

Good Morning Folks!! Going to be 96° here and !!!

Where are my girls?? Come out come out wherever you are & post!!

I have a busy day...Have to run a bazillion errands, then off to dinner and ball game with some friends. Thank goodness hubby gets off early. He gets the title of "Mr. Chauffeur". I still can't drive yet or I would go yard saling!! Pfooey!!! I am going to try to get on the "morning" schedule this week. I have a tournament to judge next Saturday and my butt drags when I don't get enough sleep the night before. 10 hours + 1000+ screaming kids = EARPLUGS!!! But I really enjoy the tournaments/judging...I wouldn't do this if I didn't.

Have a good day everybody!! Here's a cute smiley for ya...
Old 05-14-2004, 05:40 PM   #62  
Swimming Mouse

It was around 90 here, and sunny. Lots of our older schools do not have A/C, so especially the elementary schools in the City and County, some of the Catholic schools, are closing early. Its too hot inside the buildings.
We have A/C... I seem to have more than most of the building at times, but I don't say a word because I also have 5 computers in the room, so I figure the extra A/C is good.
My room last year was an ice-box, though.

I swear... My supervisor keeps asking for more and more too. NOt sure if its the heat or what, but now he wants me to start a robotics team! :sigh: I don't know jack about Robots, and if he hasn't figured out by now that I *HATE* Lego Robotics, he hasn't been paying attention the last two years. They stuck me with the freaking Tech Ed position after hiring me for a basic computer literacy position originally. I am NOT a builder, designer, fixer-upper, carpenter, rocketeer, or anything like that. I don't enjoy doing any of that kind of thing: my tech skills are solely computer related and I'm really good at integrating technology into curriculum.
I started to tell him that the Tech Ed/Industrial Arts teachers that I had in school, and the one I worked with in my last school are having a HUGE laugh over my current teaching job: I failed Tech Ed in middle school because I couldn't draw, cut a straight line, or build ANYTHING.
And now he wants ROBOTS??????
Old 05-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #63  
Rattie Lover

Talking Good Morning!!

Robots, eh?? The only robot I have around here is my computer. "My computer is my best friend." Course if it broke down...I'd be up the creek without the canoe!!

Well I had a nice time at the ball game. We went to see the Tucson Sidewinders play. They are the triple A league for the Diamondbacks. I managed to score a frisbee and 4 more tickets for a later game. I'll invite my soul-cousin and his G/F to the next game. We always have a ball.

I did o.k. with the eats. I had a BBQ Beef sandwich and cole slaw & some kettle popcorn & lots of water of course. Then we went to the night swap meet and walked around for 1½ hours. I scored on the vegetables there. Bought 4 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, 1 head of lettuce, & 2 avocados for $5.25!! The tomatoes would cost me that alone at the grocery store. Plus the veggies at the swappers seem a bit fresher than the grocery store ones. By the time we left, I had sucha bad headache from my eyes that I came home and went straight to bed. They are healing better & faster than expected so they are outgrowing the temporary glasses I have.

So my "trying to get back on the morning schedule" is semi-working. Although I only slept from 11:30 am till 4:30 am. Today my only plans are to clean the rat cages and take the kid to the kid ID fair. Hopefully I can talk the hubby into some tennis later. If not then I'll just go for a walk and a swim. I'm starting to get "flappy" again...can't let that happen!! No No!!

Have a good day/weekend all!!! Drink your water.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #64  
Rattie Lover

Talking Good Morning Girls!!

The sun's out and it's already 86° @ 10:30 am here. Welcome to Arizona.

Wow. I actually slept 8 hours through the night!! YAY!! Maybe there is hope for the "morning schedule" after all. I think it has alot to do with the fact that I exercised my butt off yesterday. I feel good today too!! I usually wake up really stiff and swollen from "authur-itis" but today...barely none of that at all!! Guess this means I better keep exercising.

I am off and running again today...I've hardly been home in the past 3 days...and here we go again.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Fortunately I won't be running as long as yesterday. Hubby gets tired of chauffeuring me around.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #65  

Good morning! How is everyone! Good luck with the robots Anonymouse! And Noodles--stay cool in that heat!

I have a question for you Noodles. You take Metformin-right? How long does it take to do anything? I'm only into week 3.

I'm specifically hoping for ovulation so I can start a family.

I finished the medicine that was supposed to force a cycle on me, but 5 days later nothing and I took a pregnancy test to see if I was pg,but no I'm not.

Things are hot here in Ohio as well! Arizona isn't the only hot spot--Ohio has been unseasonably warm.

Not a terribly productive weekend, tried to revise the novel but didn't get too far. Went to my nephew's sweet 16 party and had some 'typical' Slovak food (potato dumplings in a cheese sauce kind of like alfredo w/ bits of bacon) on an unhappy stomach--had to eat slow and in small quantities.

Then went to lunch Sun. with my girlfriend for her bday and gave her the purse I picked up for her in Chinatown. She just found out she's pregnant after one month of trying.

I'm very happy for her, but a bit miserable for me. I'm in month 7 of trying.

Other than that my friend from college will be staying with me this week. I haven't seen her in 3 years so it will be fun--but we are killing ourselves getting the house ready for company.

Have a good day!

Violet
Old 05-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #66  
Rattie Lover

Talking Hi Violet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet30
I have a question for you Noodles. You take Metformin-right? How long does it take to do anything? I'm only into week 3.

The met took about a week for me to notice that when I took it while eating, I didn't get that dragging, tired feeling 20 minutes later from eating, It took about 6 weeks for me to start noticing the weight change though. But met won't produce ovulation. For that you'd need something else. What medicine did the DR. have you take? Clomid?? That's usually the one they prescribe for Polycystic ovary patients. I took it back in 1998 and it didn't do squat for me but make me a moody *****. But this was because my ovary that did ovulate was connected to the tube that I blew out from a tubal, and my bad ovary was connected to my good tube. They cancelled each other out. I have heard it working for other women. I would have a chat with the DR. and see what he/she has to say. They usually want you to be trying for a year before they will do something, but in PCOS patients some have given immediate infertility treatment due to the fact that PCOS hinders our fertility.

Keep me posted!! Hang in there...it took me 4 years to get pregnant.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #67  

Hmmm. I had read that decreasing insulin can help ovulation, but some women do need extra help.

What happens is the insulin sort of tells the ovaries not to do anything so if you decrease circulating levels of insulin then sometimes the ovaries will get moving.

So 6 weeks for any appreciable change? Ok. At least I know.

My cycle did start today so that's is good news for once.

And I haven't noticed any more side effects from teh Met--although I am a bit tired off and on and I notice I still do crave sweet things alot--although I am PMSing which might be cancelling out the Met-- I dare any medication to take on a hormonal woman who wants sugar.

Thanks Noodles!

Violet
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM   #68  
Rattie Lover

Yer Welcome...

I'm still trying to get on this morning schedule thing. Yesterday I went clean happy and cleaned for 5 hours. Then my soul-cousin & his G/F came over and had dinner with us. Then hubby fixed her computer. He is the man everyone calls when their pc's break down. I told him he needs to start a business doing this but I got the funny look.

Today I am going to finish up the wash, put the dishes away, clean my office desk, exercise, go grocery shopping, and start preparing for this weekends tournament. Sounds great huh. Ahhhh the fun of Mondays...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #69  

Good morning Noodles and Anonymouse. How is everyone today?

My husband and I spent last night frantically cleaning house as my gf from college will be staying with us this week--so I'm a bit tired today.

Also the night before I slept lousy. I had an ongoing nightmare about terrorists and nuclear bombs--it was terrible. I would wake up in a panic, realize it was a dream, go back to sleep and pick up right where I left off. Awful awful dream.

My strawberries are getting bigger everyday--I can't wait for them to be ready for picking. And my clematis has bloomed just beautifully. I love flowers and gardening (when I can pay my nephew to do all the heavy labor!)

Other than that, not much new. Busy day at work, the usual.

Have a great day

Violet
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 PM   #70  
Rattie Lover

Red face Good Afternoon!!

Yesterday I went on another cleaning spree. I did another 5 loads of wash, did some gardening/digging, straightened up some stuff in the office, and did a heavy cleaning/organizing of my office desk. Today I have my bowling banquet so I'll have to curb the cleaning for a bit. Darn!! Then I have the tournament this weekend so I'll be offline for 3 days. I'm going to have severe 3FC withdrawls!! WahhhhH!!!!

Ooohhhhh Strawberries!!! I can't grow them here. They die in the heat!! I use to have Clematis in Oregon...climbing all over my fence. Pretty. I have some pretty roses here, along with purple cactus, and other plants. I'll snap some pics sometime and show ya. I love gardening too...cept I don't go out there when it's over 100°. I'd get fried to a crisp.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #71  
Rattie Lover

Talking Lookie What I Got!!

Well, tonight was our bowling banquet night and...I made off with a few "goodies" that I didn't expect!!

Hubby & I both took 1st Place League High Series Handicap--Received a Special Pin & Cash. I didnt think I won because the week before we were done bowling I got bumped back down to 2nd, but apparently I reclaimed my title at the last minute!! Yippee!!

We also took 1st Place in Team High Game Scratch, Team High Game Scratch Series, and Team Champions. We got cash for all of these and special League Champion pins for winning 1st place. I also have the chance to purchase the League Champion Ring. Oooo I'm going too. I won't see another one of these in a longggg time so I might as well soak it up now while I can. I'm going for the gold one you see there in the middle of the pic, but I am going to get my birthstone (sapphire) in the middle. I am trying to figure out the engraving. On 1 side I will have "Angel" & the other side "Noodles", but what to put on the inside?? Never had this kind of decision before.. Maybe I will put I LOVE RATS inside.

I decided to go to Wally World after bowling and spend some of my loot. I have had my other fish tank set up and cycled since Sunday, so it was time to get a fish. Well I wanted a colorful one so I went and browsed the bettas. There was this beautiful blue one that kept swimming right up to me whenever I would walk by so I decided he was the one and took him home with me to his new palace in the water. I also bought some dark chocolate 's. Hey a bag lasts me almost 2 weeks so I deserve a little treat!!

Anyhow, here's a pic of my "loot". Hub ran off with some of the cash so...I only got part of it in there for ya. Time to rob his wallet.
<innocent blinking-eyes look here>

Old 05-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #72  

Wow girl, you made out like a bandit! Congratulations!

Are you sure you can't do strawberries in the cooler months? I think they have some hardy hybrids--look around I swear I saw something for your region at one point.

We picked the first 6 berries yesterday. Delicious! From here on out I'll be picking something everyday, eventually working up to a quart a day.

Well my friend arrived safe and sound. I'm looking forward to spending the week with her. She hadn't seen our house, a major fixer uper, since we bought it so she was appropriately impressed with what we have done so far. It's nice to get that feedback, my family has seen it and it's old news now.

Oh and she brought me some diabetic chocolate from Switzerland (she's a swiss/us citizen) which I'll try later today.

Cheers

violet
Old 05-19-2004, 02:01 PM   #73  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet30
Wow girl, you made out like a bandit! Congratulations!

Are you sure you can't do strawberries in the cooler months? I think they have some hardy hybrids--look around I swear I saw something for your region at one point.

Oh and she brought me some diabetic chocolate from Switzerland (she's a swiss/us citizen) which I'll try later today.
,Violet!!

I don't know. I've tried to grow the ones you can get at Home Depot but when the summer 100° temps hit, they died. I use to grow them easily up in Oregon but here?? Not a chance. My green thumb split when we moved here. Well, I just had to switch over to desert plants is all. Those seem to do well for me. Course I've killed a few of those too!!

Oooooooohhh please let us know how the chocolate tastes. I'm a sucker for chocolate!!

Time to do some work!! Type at ya later.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #74  
Rattie Lover

Unhappy Oh What A Night...

So much for sleep...

I've been up since 10:30 am Wed. with a 1 hour nap. I was dead tired by 9 PM but my daughter was up sick so it scared the tired right out of me.

The poor kid... Tomorrow is her last day of school and she can't go in this shape. She has been throwing up and can hardly stand. Poor thing didn't even make it to the toilet. She got it all over her clothes/hair/etc. Ugh... Hubby, the dea that he is, went out to get her 7-Up at 12 midnight. She couldn't keep it down. I told her if she can't keep any fluids down by morning, she's going in!! I gave her a warm bath and brushed her hair and put the bucket next to her. She's sleeping now so that's a good thing but now *I* can't sleep. So I've just been working on auctions. Slower way to get rid of stuff, but hey I'm still de-cluttering!! If you want to check them out, my seller ID is the same as here: Noodles913.

Scratch that..she just got up again...poor kid. I feel helpless as a mother in times like these.

Well, I will miss all of ya!! I'll be scarce then gone completely for 3 days after Friday. Tournament time ya know. Unless the kid doesn't get better. Then the tournament can kiss my . I shall return Monday!! Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #75  

Oh Noodles, your poor daughter and to miss the last day too! I hope you don't catch it and that she feels better soon.

Violet
Closed Thread